"Remastered" movie singles canceled!?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

"Remastered" movie singles canceled!?

Post by CashmanX » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:54 pm

olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:04 pm

Well shit. If I want to own four decent movies, I have to buy two average ones and seven mediocre ones. And it's not like anyone with an ounce of gray matter would buy an incomplete set of movies if I wanted to sell them.

Damn it.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:11 pm

FUNimation.. you really don't know what the hell you're doing, do you?

Tweaker
Regular

Post by Tweaker » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:22 pm

Isn't this a good thing? I always figured the additional single re-releases were kind of pointless, given that the double features already had all of them readily available for purchase.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:24 pm

I do not see an actual source for this news anywhere.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

email2003
Beyond Newbie

Post by email2003 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:24 pm

I smell DragonBox The Movies on the rise. :lol:

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:26 pm

All I see is the final post on this page:

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.p ... 82&page=19

Anything else I should be aware of? 'Cuz... that's not much.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

email2003
Beyond Newbie

Post by email2003 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:28 pm

I don't see them on amazon.com anymore.

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:30 pm

[b]xkevin2jx[/b] on the Funimation boards wrote:nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

i wanted Lord Slug! I need Lord Slug.

Now i have to take my chances and buy it on Amazon and hope its not a bootleg or something. T.T
:lol: I need it too, but I'm not complaining. I consider collecting 12 out of 13 of them within the same release series an accomplishment.
[b]braves[/b] on the Funimation boards wrote:I guess not even Dragon Ball Z is recession-proof....
Perhaps Funiamtion is getting rid of dead-weight in order to make way for bigger and better releases....

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:33 pm

[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:36 pm

I'm good with all the listings being updated accordingly. Thanks.

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:40 pm

I just thought of this, but do you think Funimation is re-releasing those movies because they want a newer version of them released, since the older ones are harder to find?

You know, for the fans who aren't nitpickers about the whole fullscreen or widescreen thing, who prefer the dub, and don't care about getting the Dragon Box because it's too expensive?

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:42 pm

This doesn't effect me so I don't care very much. But I'm thinking this is because of Dragon Box movies. Which I'm going to skip anyway because I already have steelbooks.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:49 pm

Hopefully these are cancelled, since all they are going to do is confuse people even more about which releases they should pick up.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:48 pm

DAMMIT FUNIMATION!! THIS IS THE ULTIMATE UNCUTS ALL OVER AGAIN I'M NEVER BUYING FROM YOU AGAIN!!!111!

Uh, I don't think I am affected by this... I guess this means we won't have to worry about the double features going out of print any time soon?

Also everyone is predicting Dragon Box The Movies, so I guess that will be coming soon, as the Dragon Boxes did when everyone predicted those...
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:52 pm

Kind of a bummer; it was a good opportunity for folks who only wanted certain movies to pick them up. Having the ability to purchase one Broly movie without having to also purchase the others.

However, this hopefully means they're going to be releasing the movies in DragonBox format instead.

I'm still tempted to buy the Bardock DVD... Just because, y'know... Bardock.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:34 pm

Good. Bring on the Dragonbox Movie set!
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:19 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:I'm still tempted to buy the Bardock DVD... Just because, y'know... Bardock.
I got the Trunks/Bardock steelcase, but now that I know we're getting actual 4:3 releases I've suddenly become obsessed with having everything in the proper aspect ratio. Anybody have a guess as to whether or not the TV specials will be in the series Dragon Boxes?
Officer Hippoface sez: "I don't take kindly to vigilantes in my town."

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:49 am

And me continuing to hold out for Dragon Box movies, laughing all the while.

(Okay, I did recently buy the original Pioneer releases of the first three movies... but... Ocean dub movies!)
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:13 am

I may not even be interested with these movies being re-re-released. Even in Dragonbox format, because I already have the majority of the original single releases of the movies on DVD. I just need 4, 6, 9, and 11. With those 4, my DBZ movie set is complete. 8) I'll just have to hunt them down and snag 'em online. I don't care, as long as I get them! :wink:
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku