The Smartest Z-Fighter

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

goodguy777
Banned

The Smartest Z-Fighter

Post by goodguy777 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:14 am

Who do you think the smartest Z-Fighter is?

I think it's Piccolo because he didn't want Gotenks to go into battle without training.
It's a gag manga! It never was nor was it meant to be scientifically sound or accurate.

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: The Smartest Z-Fighter

Post by Savage68 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:41 am

Piccolo has the knowledge of a god, so him.

In terms of fighting, of course it would go to Goku.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:46 am

Gohan, as a person. He's a genius scholar by the end, right?

Goku as a fighter.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Ultimate_DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ultimate_DB_Fan » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:47 am

Yajirobe.
He was smart enough to quickly realize that he was useless on a combative level, so him staying out of the way was logical.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:06 am

Piccolo, no contest there.
He is a great tactician, such as when he was suspicious over the place Dr. Gero took the gang, whilst the others were like "DUUUUH".
Or when he realized that Gohan didn't want to fight at all, or when he tricked all Cell's dirty secrets out of him.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:09 am

Vegetto, obviously. All of Goku's and Vegeta's fighting prowess rolled up into one.

Gotham22
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gotham22 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:11 am

To me Piccolo is.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:12 am

Rocketman wrote:Vegetto, obviously. All of Goku's and Vegeta's fighting prowess rolled up into one.
It's funny. You'd think putting those two together wouldn't make someone so cunning. Go figure.

My vote goes to Piccolo, but I don't have much to add. Great tactician, always the first to notice things, always one step ahead. I like how all of this backfires with Gotenks.

Kame Sennin is pretty smart in that respect, too. He just doesn't get to use it much after a certain point.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:28 am

Ultimate_DB_Fan wrote:Yajirobe.
He was smart enough to quickly realize that he was useless on a combative level, so him staying out of the way was logical.
This is sadly true.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:41 pm

I think the most intelligent Z-Fighter is Piccolo, for reasons aforementioned. Son Goku assigned him the job of training Son Goten & Trunks for Fusion, because he knew that he'd be the best man for the job. Plus, Boo absorbed Piccolo for specifically his intelligence.
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Khalid Shahin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Khalid Shahin » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:48 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:I think the most intelligent Z-Fighter is Piccolo, for reasons aforementioned. Son Goku assigned him the job of training Son Goten & Trunks for Fusion, becauae he knew that he'd be the best man for the job. Plus, Boo absorbed Piccolo for specifically his intelligence.
That was too smart of Buu come to think of it. It is as if he already had Piccolo absorbed. Either way, that was a pretty good plot point.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:52 pm

Khalid Shahin wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:I think the most intelligent Z-Fighter is Piccolo, for reasons aforementioned. Son Goku assigned him the job of training Son Goten & Trunks for Fusion, because he knew that he'd be the best man for the job. Plus, Boo absorbed Piccolo for specifically his intelligence.
That was too smart of Buu come to think of it. It is as if he already had Piccolo absorbed. Either way, that was a pretty good plot point.
Boo was smarter than they thought. Goten and Trunks made the same mistake of underestimating his intelligence, which ended up as their downfall.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Khalid Shahin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Khalid Shahin » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:55 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
Khalid Shahin wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:I think the most intelligent Z-Fighter is Piccolo, for reasons aforementioned. Son Goku assigned him the job of training Son Goten & Trunks for Fusion, because he knew that he'd be the best man for the job. Plus, Boo absorbed Piccolo for specifically his intelligence.
Boo was smarter than they thought. Goten and Trunks made the same mistake of underestimating his intelligence, which ended up as their downfall.
I guess he didn't seem that smart because of him getting constantly impatient. But, I'm trying to think of other smart things he did other than absorbing Piccolo and Gotenks.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Khalid Shahin wrote:I guess he didn't seem that smart because of him getting constantly impatient. But, I'm trying to think of other smart things he did other than absorbing Piccolo and Gotenks.
Hmm...nothing comes to mind.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:07 pm

Khalid Shahin wrote:
I guess he didn't seem that smart because of him getting constantly impatient. But, I'm trying to think of other smart things he did other than absorbing Piccolo and Gotenks.
He was perfectly aware of Mystic Gohan`s power and presence during his entire fight with Gotenks (and maybe even before that) but he never showed any signs of that fact, acting like he knew nothing about it. Like he was just really expecting him to show up and all he was doing was kill some time with the brats.

To me that shows intelectual capacity and great capacity to sense Ki.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:53 pm

rereboy wrote:To me that shows great capacity to sense Ki.
Not really. Supreme Kai, who's about as dense as lead on ki sensing, noticed SS3 Goku's power from outside the universe.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:01 pm

I think its easier to feel someone on Earth from the Kaioshin planet than the other way around.

After all, not even Piccolo sensed Mystic Gohan and he`s very good at ki, only Buu was able to. But on the Kaioshin planet they could all feel powers equal or greater than SSJ3 Goku on Earth.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:53 pm

rereboy wrote:I think its easier to feel someone on Earth from the Kaioshin planet than the other way around.

After all, not even Piccolo sensed Mystic Gohan and he`s very good at ki, only Buu was able to. But on the Kaioshin planet they could all feel powers equal or greater than SSJ3 Goku on Earth.
Or it's just another one of Toriyama's inconsistencies.

Krazy Monkey

Post by Krazy Monkey » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:58 pm

Piccolo is the smartest fighter, for the reasons people have already listed. I do, however, have one more thing to add to that. During his fight with Kami (while he was disguised as Shen/Hero), Piccolo pretended as if he was still afraid of the Evil Containment Wave, and ended up tricking Kami into using it, so that he'd use that to his advantage and make it backfire on him.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:18 pm

I'm going to say in terms of in battle Vegeta. When he controls his temper and can control his pride he can very smart. As seen in the android saga when he bluffed enough to scare Dr. Gero. Even Piccolo seemed impressed by that.

It's one of those situations. Like TMNT we saw what can happen if Raph could concentrate and focus he almost killed Leo. Yet Leo is the one they say is better because he doesn't do it that often.

Buu credited Piccolo for intelligence. However I honestly believe when he keeps his cool and focuses Vegeta is smarter. After all let's not forget he came up with the plan to defeat Buu. Not Piccolo , Not Goku but Vegeta. And Piccolo was alive and able to communicate with goku as he has psychic link similar to King Kai.