Which will you get Dragon Ball Z Kai Part 1 or Dragon Box 3?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LilKokuLink
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Which will you get Dragon Ball Z Kai Part 1 or Dragon Box 3?

Post by LilKokuLink » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:56 am

Well I'm not collecting the Dragon Boxes for DragonBall Z because of the dub track is missing and I've got the season remastered sets, I'm definately buying the DragonBall Z Kai Blu-Rays though - I can't wait for them.
My girlfriend is buying all the Dragon Boxes anyway so that's cool.
Actions have reactions so don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships that people don't speak of.
Dub fan.
Naveed.

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:23 am

Kai, I own DBZ already through the season sets. When the Dragonbox gets cheaper I'll buy the second, third and maybe 4th.
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:19 pm

Both.

But maybe not, I'm still waiting to see the packaging as to whether or not I am going to get the Z Kai dvds or BR or both.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:00 pm

Both.

Vegeta's holding my wallet hostage.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:14 pm

Yea, I'm gonna also get both. I'm getting the DragonBox cause I wanna get them all (I can't say that without thinking of shouting POKEMON!) and I wanna get Kai just to see how FUNimation handles it. I might just end up getting the Saiyan arc only though.

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:25 pm

I'll probably end up getting both, but Dragon Box 3 first since I want a Kai Blu-Ray and I don't have a PS3 yet...
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:38 pm

At the moment I only care about the Dragon Boxes. But as soon as they're all released, my next priority will be Kai Blu-Rays and the double features.

Corporate_Nothing
Beyond Newbie

Post by Corporate_Nothing » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:03 pm

It's kinda weird to think that, at the current pace, the final Dragon Box won't be released until May 2011. I hope I don't lose interest in the series again before then, like I did halfway through collecting the Season Sets.
It's been done countless times before, but...
ImmaDMCA

Gotham22
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gotham22 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:07 pm

I'll be buying Dragon Ball Z Kai. But still buying the DB season sets and trying to get those old dvds that are in fullscreen with the english music. So the Dboxes are the last thing on my list.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:17 pm

I don't see the point of getting both, really, except if the DB Kai dub is good.

I mean, you want to get all of DBZ, and then get the version with less of it? :lol:
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:44 pm

penguintruth wrote:
I mean, you want to get all of DBZ, and then get the version with less of it? :lol:
Yeah you wouldn't want to miss all of that mountain crumbling, Chi Chi cut away, staring contest,random contradicting filler action!
Last edited by Blue on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:46 pm

Blue wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
Yeah you wouldn't want to miss all of that mountain crumbling, Chi Chi cut away, staring contest action!
Then just get Kai if that bothers you. There's no reason to have both.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Can I get a Schemen?

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:48 pm

penguintruth wrote:
Blue wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
Yeah you wouldn't want to miss all of that mountain crumbling, Chi Chi cut away, staring contest action!
Then just get Kai if that bothers you. There's no reason to have both.
I'm just saying more isn't always better. Especially when it comes to an anime like DBZ which has reached Naruto infamousy with its amount of filler

Edit: Well I guess Naruto reached DBZ infamousy but you get my point.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:54 pm

Blue wrote:I'm just saying more isn't always better. Especially when it comes to an anime like DBZ which has reached Naruto infamousy with its amount of filler.
And my point is, if Kai is more your thing, then why also get the version that has all that filler you dislike?

Likewise, if DBZ as it is, is your thing, why get the version with less of it?

This doesn't seem like a "I'll get everything" type of thing, unless you're a completist that simply must have everything DBZ-related. To those people, I hope they have money left to live on.

Can I get a Schemen?

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:55 pm

penguintruth wrote:
Blue wrote:I'm just saying more isn't always better. Especially when it comes to an anime like DBZ which has reached Naruto infamousy with its amount of filler.
And my point is, if Kai is more your thing, then why also get the version that has all that filler you dislike?

This doesn't seem like a "I'll get everything" type of thing, unless you're a completist that simply must have everything DBZ-related.
Ah I get what you were saying now. Sorry about that.

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:23 pm

I'm purchasing both^^
But I'll probably buy the Kai Blue-ray set when it's released.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

Greenman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Greenman » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:36 pm

penguintruth wrote:

This doesn't seem like a "I'll get everything" type of thing, unless you're a completist that simply must have everything DBZ-related. To those people, I hope they have money left to live on.
One isn't necessarily a replacement for the other. The (mostly) removed filler, editing, and music do make the experience somewhat different. I have to buy Dragon Boxes for the original music, Saiyan arc filler, etc. yet I still might want Kai.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:39 pm

Well, I was speaking generally, anyway.

Like I said, if the English dub is exceptional, even I'll consider picking up some Kai.

Can I get a Schemen?

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:03 pm

The reason why I want to have both in my collection is because at times I would like to enjoy Dragonball as it is with its awesome Japanese original moody music and all the filler and slow-paced action, but sometimes I could have a craving for a more fast-forward experience in HD with new music and "refreshed" look. Having two versions of the same thing is not like owning the exact same thing twice after all.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:34 pm

Dragon Box 3. I don't have a Blu Ray player yet, so I'd rather wait to get the full HD experience with Kai. The Dragon Boxes take the utmost priority. I'll probably wait for the "complete season sets" and a cheaper price for Kai as someone mentioned.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]