Turning the girlfriend into a fan?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Turning the girlfriend into a fan?

Post by Kendamu » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:59 am

Velasa wrote:.... on a female? We don't read manga now?
Of course not. There aren't a lot of manga in the kitchen.

A joke! I swear!
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:58 am

Kendamu wrote:

A joke! I swear!
God dammit Kendamu, I lol'd.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:18 am

Kendamu wrote:
............ or in my pants.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:26 am

If you folks are unwilling to legitimately have a conversation about the topic rather than joke-post for a while, please don't even bother posting in the thread. There comes a point where it's just not funny anymore. Thanks!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:43 am

Raki wrote:I'd try and see if she would pick it up on her own. No need to force a long manga series on a female.
Okay, okay. In all seriousness, my girlfriend has read all of Dragonball and she currently reads Hajime No Ippo and Detective Conan. In fact, at the book store I commonly see more women amongst the manga and more men amongst the American comics. So I doubt that length really has anything to do with it unless whoever it is just really isn't into long manga to begin with.

Even then, Dragonball is nice in the fact that the arcs all have pretty clear beginnings and endings for the most part. Sure there have been many times in which one arc leads into another (the Saiyan arc and the Freeza arc) and there are sometimes arcs that are throwbacks to a previous arc (Android arc and Red Ribbon arc), but even then all the current happenings in the previous arc are generally closed up before moving onto the next thing. For example, Vegeta had a huge role in the Freeza arc, but he was clearly defeated before leaving Earth.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

yummypixels
Not-So-Newbie

Post by yummypixels » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:10 am

Now.. since I'm a girl.. and I'm already into DB, I can't really offer any suggestions. But if I were wanting to turn my non-existent boyfriend into a DB fan... I actually don't know if I would want to. I would only ask that he accepts my obsession.. or.. "love" for DB and loves me all the same, despite it. Because.. I would accept his quirks (hopefully!) Lol. :)
LiveJournal <-- DB News & Updates
YouTube <-- My Figure Reviews & AMVs