Dragonball Stuff You've Just Realized

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragonball Stuff You've Just Realized

Post by Shiyonasan » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:20 pm

kaialone wrote:But also note that this was the day he had to spend training two little kids that annoyed him, then he got absorbed and then he died. But I guess the finale was worth it XD I wonder if anyone gave him cake on that day I know Namekians dont eat cake, but its not birthday without cake
Actually, that was the day before on May 8:
A Stronger Loving Time-Line thread wrote:Age 774

May 8th: Since being freed the day before, Majin Boo has already destroyed 80% of the world’s cities and population. In the Kaioshin Realm, the Elder Kaioshin is released from being sealed in the Z Sword, and begins the 25-hour ritual to draw out Gohan’s power. Mister Satan is sent to defeat Boo, but starts to befriend him instead. Goten and Trunks perfect Fusion, and Gotenks is born, but he is not yet a match for Boo.
Regardless, Piccolo did have quite a 21st birthday, didn't he?

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:50 am

Shiyonasan wrote:
kaialone wrote:But also note that this was the day he had to spend training two little kids that annoyed him, then he got absorbed and then he died. But I guess the finale was worth it XD I wonder if anyone gave him cake on that day I know Namekians dont eat cake, but its not birthday without cake
Actually, that was the day before on May 8:
A Stronger Loving Time-Line thread wrote:Age 774

May 8th: Since being freed the day before, Majin Boo has already destroyed 80% of the world’s cities and population. In the Kaioshin Realm, the Elder Kaioshin is released from being sealed in the Z Sword, and begins the 25-hour ritual to draw out Gohan’s power. Mister Satan is sent to defeat Boo, but starts to befriend him instead. Goten and Trunks perfect Fusion, and Gotenks is born, but he is not yet a match for Boo.
Regardless, Piccolo did have quite a 21st birthday, didn't he?
He sure did. :D
-凯

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:09 pm

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:58 pm

Something that I just realized:

Bulma is wearing ear buds during I'll Give You Romance.

Booney
Beyond Newbie

Post by Booney » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:33 am

SatoSky wrote:Something that I just realized:
Bulma is wearing ear buds during I'll Give You Romance.
Also, her hair in the reflection looks kinda purple-ish as in the manga.
Two worlds meet.
[url=http://superbooney.deviantart.com/]My DeviantART[/url]

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:35 am

Booney wrote:Also, her hair in the reflection looks kinda purple-ish as in the manga.
Two worlds meet.
That's just because the reflection is transparent and the background is purple.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Booney
Beyond Newbie

Post by Booney » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:10 am

I know that.
But still it's got something to it.
I don't know...
[url=http://superbooney.deviantart.com/]My DeviantART[/url]

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:01 pm

We never see a completely shirtless Piccolo.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:26 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote:We never see a completely shirtless Piccolo.
True, on a similar note Gohan before the Buu saga was too ripped for his age.
Last edited by Saimaroimaru on Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:04 am

Saimaroimaru wrote:
True, on a similar note Gohan before the Buu saga was too riped for his age.
I'm not calling you out on leaving out one of the 'p's in "ripped", just pointing out that I thought that was "ripe" for quite a while before I realized what happened, resulting in me wondering just how massive pecs on a boy = ripe... :lol:
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:52 am

caejones wrote:
Saimaroimaru wrote:
True, on a similar note Gohan before the Buu saga was too riped for his age.
I'm not calling you out on leaving out one of the 'p's in "ripped", just pointing out that I thought that was "ripe" for quite a while before I realized what happened, resulting in me wondering just how massive pecs on a boy = ripe... :lol:
Wasn't Gohan physically almost 18 by then, because of his upcoming birthday and the year he spent in the RoSaT? And besides, Gohan's a half-Saiyan who's had training from Goku and Piccolo, and there are plenty of men and women in real-life that reach puberty at a younger age and/or just develop faster than others and whatnot. People grow at different rates.

Either way, that's not a fact that you've just realized. That's entirely based on opinion.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:50 pm

I thought it was referring to before the Buu saga (when Gohan's 5-11).
But you're right that it's purely opinion.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:20 pm

caejones wrote:I thought it was referring to before the Buu saga (when Gohan's 5-11).
But you're right that it's purely opinion.
Oh, sorry, I misread it. But yeah, it's just opinion.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:12 pm

Sorry for bumping this topic, but I thought I'd go ahead and keep this from being a separate thread.

In Part #7 of the Android arc in Budokai 1, you can see DragonBall Volume #3 on the table during the cutscene with Kuririn and Yamcha drinking coffee at the table in Kame House.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_Y28wST ... ed#t=0m56s

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:16 pm

Shiyonasan wrote:In Part #7 of the Android arc in Budokai 1, you can see DragonBall Volume #3 on the table during the cutscene with Kuririn and Yamcha drinking coffee at the table in Kame House.

Haha, nice catch! :D

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:28 am

I just remembered that Gohan and Goku didn't brush their teeth for a year in the RoSaT.
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:54 am

Shiyonasan wrote:In Part #7 of the Android arc in Budokai 1, you can see DragonBall Volume #3 on the table during the cutscene with Kuririn and Yamcha drinking coffee at the table in Kame House.

I like references like that.
Silver Sinspawn wrote:I just remembered that Gohan and Goku didn't brush their teeth for a year in the RoSaT.
How could you know this?

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:13 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Silver Sinspawn wrote:I just remembered that Gohan and Goku didn't brush their teeth for a year in the RoSaT.
How could you know this?
Yeah, the the title page of Chapter 384 (Vegeta's Tenacious Secret Plan) in Dragon Ball Tankoubon Volume 32 at least suggests that Goku and Gohan had showers and did laundry during their time in the RoSaT. There was a bathroom in the RoSaT, so they probably brushed their teeth too.

vegetaslegacy15
Beyond Newbie

Post by vegetaslegacy15 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:38 pm

Bubbles, Gregory, and King Kai are all at a table in Yo Son Goku and his friends return during the dinner scene for the grand opening of Mr Satan's new hotel.
Horgus wrote:NSSJ2O... Nitrogen Sulfur Shounen Jump Dioxide? :?
digireign wrote:I vote to call it "Super Cyan."
-zach

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:57 pm

It would be apparent that almost everyone in Dragon Ball worships the same god.
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!