Dragonbox Volume 2

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragonbox Volume 2

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:42 am

JulieYBM wrote:
MajinVejitaXV wrote:My mistake. I thought RightStuf had them back in stock at one point.
They did. @AnimeToday on Twitter specifically told me so at one point. I checked right after and remember there being eleven copies.
I meant to say that, to my knowledge, they never got them back in stock after the recent removal of their listing. I thought their earlier restocking was when they found some extra copies, or got some from other retailers. After those sold, they erased Dragon Box 2's listing, and I'd checked almost every day and it was never re-listed since. I'm guessing Amazon found some, or got them from other retailers as well, as they removed the "buy it from Amazon" option again.

Its listing from Right Stuf has been gone since we noted it was removed here some time ago, I meant they hadn't gotten any in stock since then, so it wasn't really news that they were out. That is, unless one of the few days I didn't check they had re-listed it without anyone here noticing.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:09 am

I went to my local FYE, and they didn't have any steel-books!(Well they did have the Broly and the Fusion steelbook for $5.99) and they don't have anymore DragonBoxes. :evil:

I went everywhere, and they didn't have DragonBoxes 2 and 3 anywhere. Looks like I might have to order them online.
El Conejo Malo

OutlawTorn
Regular

Post by OutlawTorn » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:39 pm

Unless people are totally set on getting the "Dragon Box" branded releases (I wouldn't blame anyone for that, to be honest), I don't think there's too much cause for concern. FUNimation is notorious for re-releasing stuff rather quickly and it stands to reason that any future re-release of DBZ (if I had to guess, I'd say within a year or two of the final Dragon Box volume hitting shelves) will be with the Dragon Box footage instead of the cropped stuff from the season sets.

Still, it's a bit annoying that the Dragon Boxes are a limited release without ever having been marketed as such, with the only mention being it was originally a limited release in Japan.

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:18 pm

If it's a collectors item, that implies it's a limited release.
El Conejo Malo

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Bardo117 wrote:If it's a collectors item, that implies it's a limited release.
Not really. We get "collector's edition" releases without any sort of limited quantities quite a bit, it's just a marketing term a lot of the time. ;p
"You don't know what you're talking about. You're not very smart, and the things you're saying are nonsense. And I'm not angry. But you do need to shut up." - Tycho Brahe

Great Saiyaman I
Regular

Post by Great Saiyaman I » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:57 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
Not really. We get "collector's edition" releases without any sort of limited quantities quite a bit, it's just a marketing term a lot of the time. ;p
But a representative said they were limited a couple pages back.
-The Great Saiyaman
Herms wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:Herms can you translate the whole thing
No.

OutlawTorn
Regular

Post by OutlawTorn » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:42 pm

Great Saiyaman I wrote:
MajinVejitaXV wrote:
But a representative said they were limited a couple pages back.
But when the Dragon Boxes were announced one year ago, there wasn't anything to suggest that they were anything but a release on par with the season sets. The only possible inclination would have been the term "for hardcore fans" but that's an incredibly vague way of saying "this will be a special, limited run product."

It took Dragon Box vol. 2 going out of stock from Amazon.com and RightStuf for any sort of word to come out (the aforementioned quote from a representative) that the Dragon Boxes were, indeed, a limited release.

However, I highly doubt that this will be the only opportunity people will have to get the Dragon Box footage as any future release of DBZ would (well, I would certainly hope) utilize the Dragon Box masters.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:46 pm

In case anyone hasn't checked RightStuf yet, they have Dragon Box Z set 2 listed as having 65 copies.
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:05 pm

SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:In case anyone hasn't checked RightStuf yet, they have Dragon Box Z set 2 listed as having 65 copies.
Seems like a large stock compared the the previous restocking (where I believe they got them from other retailers, or found some extra copies). Amazon just got some more in as well. I hope like this is due to FUNimation's quote earlier about them reprinting it:
FUNimation wrote:Josh, Thank you for your email and interest in FUNimation. Dragon Boxes are limited releases, and production did cease at a certain point. However, fairly soon, more inventory will become available so major retailers will receive more stock. My advice is to keep checking Amazon or RightStuf on a regular basis."
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

GizmoKSX
Beyond Newbie

Post by GizmoKSX » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:02 am

SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:In case anyone hasn't checked RightStuf yet, they have Dragon Box Z set 2 listed as having 65 copies.
It's also the only Dragon Box release where they're listing how many they have in stock. I don't know if that's a good or bad sign.
I can see their parachutes.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:09 am

GizmoKSX wrote:
It's also the only Dragon Box release where they're listing how many they have in stock. I don't know if that's a good or bad sign.
Hmm yes I noticed that, as well. :?
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

ect5150
Advanced Regular

Post by ect5150 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:41 am

I didn't see anyone mention this, but it is in stock at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-Box-T ... 280&sr=8-1

Isn't this what set all of this off?
ect5150
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
DB DBox color corrections & DBox color corrections.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:02 am

ect5150 wrote:I didn't see anyone mention this, but it is in stock at Amazon
You didn't see 3 posts above you?

Anyway, they regained stock a while ago, and then very shortly ran out again (perhaps they found some extra copies around, or got some from other retailers as I've heard other places can do) and once again removed the option to buy new from Amazon entirely, and now they, as well as Right Stuf have more in stock, and if Right Stuf's number of stock is any indication, these could be what FUNimation was talking about when they said "However, fairly soon, more inventory will become available so major retailers will receive more stock."

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:16 am

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

ect5150
Advanced Regular

Post by ect5150 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:11 am

Metalwario64 wrote:You didn't see 3 posts above you?
Early morning posting... I beg for forgiveness.
ect5150
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
DB DBox color corrections & DBox color corrections.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:06 pm

ect5150 wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:You didn't see 3 posts above you?
Early morning posting... I beg for forgiveness.
Nah, I should apologize, similar things have happened to me, and that really seems a bit rude of me.
AnimeMaakuo wrote:That's very strange that Dbox #2 always sells more quickly
I'd like to say it's because of season set fans who realize that even "Season Two" is entirely too bright... Or these episodes are really popular.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:31 pm

AnimeMaakuo wrote:That's very strange that Dbox #2 always sells more quickly.. I keep thinking it's a limited release, but I guess not.
It probably does have a pretty low print run. The demand exceeded the estimate and so FUNi made a bit more.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:26 pm

I always thought another reason was it's the only way to get the Namek Saga in fullscreen uncut since the UUE volumes were cancelled after episode 27, the Ocean Dub volumes were edited and the Season Sets were cropped.

GizmoKSX
Beyond Newbie

Post by GizmoKSX » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:33 pm

BluezaBladeNZ wrote:I always thought another reason was it's the only way to get the Namek Saga in fullscreen uncut since the UUE volumes were cancelled after episode 27, the Ocean Dub volumes were edited and the Season Sets were cropped.
That's a good theory. The first DBox would be selling well for the same reason. It's possible that more copies of the first set were produced and/or stocked, hence the less problematic availability.
I can see their parachutes.

Soul
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Soul » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:59 pm

Lance Heiskell, FUNi's Marketing Director did confirm on ANNcast that the DBoxes are limited.