Best choreographed battle

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Re: Best choreographed battle

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:09 pm

Definitely Goku vs. Tenshinhan. But pretty much every final of the three Budokais are nicely choreographed.

Budogenkai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Budogenkai » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:33 am

Goku VS Majin Vegeta

Hands; Down
PSN: Genkaidomo
360: Bhuda64

http://www.youtube.com/BurritoNchips

anyone know where I can get a good cheap mic?

gokuhan72

Post by gokuhan72 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:17 pm

So many of them, I was about to say SSJ2 Gohan vs Perfect Cell, but I remember how it got ruined at the end by the kamehameha struggle that lasted for 2 or 3 episodes.

I really like SSJ2 Goku vs Majin Vegeta, Goku vs Ma Junior, Goku vs Jackie Chun and Goku vs Tien. HM goes to Buutenks vs Mystic Gohan.

TheMildManner

Post by TheMildManner » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:59 pm

I'll have to say the majority of the World Tournament fights in Dragonball. Most of Dragonball Z's fights depended too heavily on asinine super-human abilities and other questionable things.

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Even though many users have stated Z fights having been well choreographed. >.>
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Ussj Future Trunks
Regular

Post by Ussj Future Trunks » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:04 am

Majin Vegeta vs Fat Buu. I liked the hits from Vegeta initially.
Gohan vs Broly (On that note, I thought most of the fights in Second Coming were decent, or at least way better than the first movie).
SSJ3 Goku vs Janemba
Future Gohan vs Androids
Simian upstart...none surpass me. No one even comes close! BURN THIS INTO YOUR MIND! I am emperor of the universe. The likes of you are only fit to grovel at my feet. Or better still...to be crushed...LIKE AN INSECT AT THE WHIM OF YOUR MASTER!

- Freeza, DBZ Kai.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:03 pm

Does anyone have a clip uploaded of the exact spot in the Majin Vegeta fight they find so well-choreographed? I haven't actually watched those episodes since they aired on Toonami, but all I really remember from that fight is, decent animation aside, a random blow-for-blow slug fest.

It's going to have to be something really impressive to beat Goku vs Tenshinhan, or Goku vs Majunior, or Super Saiyan 2 Goku vs Buu at any rate.

VxG<3er
Location: for website (www.picturetrail.com account : cosplaykitty444) living in Melbourne, Australia

Post by VxG<3er » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:28 pm

I would have to agree with the many people who have already posted.
Majin Vegeta vs SSJ2 Goku.
The animation by this stage of the series had improved to a standard that really made this scene stand out from previous ones.
Also the fight itself was intense and so well choreographed.
That line from Goku, "Liar! I don't buy it"... brilliant! Such epic dialogue.
Then Vegeta's sneak attack at the end, so classically true to form! Hahaha
I'm in Japan.... overloading on Anime, constantly on the edge ^_^

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:35 pm

Cipher wrote:Does anyone have a clip uploaded of the exact spot in the Majin Vegeta fight they find so well-choreographed? I haven't actually watched those episodes since they aired on Toonami, but all I really remember from that fight is, decent animation aside, a random blow-for-blow slug fest.

It's going to have to be something really impressive to beat Goku vs Tenshinhan, or Goku vs Majunior, or Super Saiyan 2 Goku vs Buu at any rate.
I'm going to base the greatness of Majin Vegeta vs Goku on this post:
jjgp1112 wrote:I'd say either Goku vs. Cell (Episode 179), Goku vs. Majin Vegeta (the short bit from episode 232 - absolutely fluid animation) and Goku vs Kid Buu from episode 279.

Honorable mention goes to the entirety of episode 34.
That short bit he is talking about, I think it's in this video(which probably will be deleted by Toei, but whatever)
It's at 5:40 - 7:11
If that isn't it, then I don't know what he is referring to..

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:40 pm

I hate how slow Goku and Vegeta move in that particular scenes. Can't really see how people would pick that fight for best choreographed battle.

LilKokuLink
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LilKokuLink » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:47 pm

That scene is also the exact scene I remember when referring to the goku and majim vegeta fight. Great stuff.
Actions have reactions so don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships that people don't speak of.
Dub fan.
Naveed.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 pm

Yeah, that's the scene (although the Japanese score makes it about 10 billion times less cool; the theme they had in the dub really highlighted how awesome the scene was).
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

LilKokuLink
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LilKokuLink » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 pm

Well we're talking about the fight choreography as opposed to the scene in general.
Actions have reactions so don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships that people don't speak of.
Dub fan.
Naveed.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:24 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:Yeah, that's the scene (although the Japanese score makes it about 10 billion times less cool; the theme they had in the dub really highlighted how awesome the scene was).
Well that's just your opinion and it's also pretty much irrelevant to this thread, so good thing you put it in parentheses.. I guess?
(If anything should be said about the japanese score is that they reuse it too much(that specific piece of music was also used in ep 269 & 270 IIRC and in several others I believe), and that it doesn't sound as "fresh"(it is an old show though), as the dub's IMO.)Double standards FTW :lol:
I probably have to take a look at the highly regarded animated version of Yamcha vs Tenshinhan, because I didn't think it was that cool, when I first saw it in the manga...

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:19 am

Yamcha vs Hero all the way! JK :lol:

Ten vs Yamcha
Ten vs Jackie Chun
Ten vs Goku 2nd battle
Goku vs Ma Junior

Yeah 22nd - 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai arcs really.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:12 am

dbgtFO wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:I probably have to take a look at the highly regarded animated version of Yamcha vs Tenshinhan, because I didn't think it was that cool, when I first saw it in the manga...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kzlIsYM ... re=related

Can`t seem to find the second part. Ah well, you get the idea.

I guess the fight was shorter in the prime work by how fast paced and brutal it was - unlike against Chun and Gokuh, Ten didn`t cared about testing skill here, he wanted to hurt Yamcha as much Yamcha wanted to hurt him - if such was Toryama`s intention when drawing it, but the pace of the Anime is much better.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

T Pac
Not-So-Newbie

Post by T Pac » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:47 pm

How about Krillin vs. PiccoloMaJr at the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai. Short, but sweet -- kept my full interest the entire way through, and introduced a bunch of new things. It's also a pretty good mix of hand-to-hand and ki combat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYclNmahedk

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:20 pm

This shit is hard to choose, and all the best ones are already mentioned! I will say I like the stuff in the 21st, 22nd, and 23rd Tenka'ichi Budokai's best, but within that a favorite is impossible to determine for me.