DragonBall Z - Movie Overview Special

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Re: DragonBall Z - Movie Overview Special

Post by Eddie » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:42 pm

You flat out said you felt entitled to it. You also implied that Kanzentai has a responsibility to put this special out there. Please quit while you're... well, not ahead... while you can still get out of this hole you've dug.

Ashura
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ashura » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:49 pm

SSVegetto wrote:How exactly is it illegal? Hujio just said he got a free copy for himself from Kei17. And you can't buy it from anywhere. Is he legally allowed to have this? But you are saying if it was sent to other people on this forum, then that is illegal, but not for him?

This forum already has links to other rare stuff to download also. Whole footage to a movie.
Since he'd technically be releasing the entirety of a copyrighted work to many-many people.

Toei could honestly complain that Kei just gave it to Hujio and VegettoEX, though they could counter-argue fair use for review/news purposes and that the amount of distribution was not a huge infringement. I say it's a grey area because it's such a rare special that Toei has no perceived interest in releasing that Toei's people would likely not care in the grand scheme of things that it's been released, but the rights holders could and have the right to saber rattle if they wanted to.

The short of the matter is, the little amount of stuff they (being the DaizEX staff) allow here fan-wise when it comes to manipulating the series is pretty much under the good graces of Toei, et. al. From how things are run, I assume that if Toei or someone else with legal rights came to complain to them you would probably see a lot less sharing of things here. On the bright side, they (being Toei, Funimation, and other licensors) seem to be happy to allow people their music videos and fan edits and things so it's left alone.

I have not seen any full movies released here, and I know that as soon as something even smells a little like someone's going to be putting up full episodes of stuff in some form VegettoEX sweeps in and is all like 'hey dawgs, listen. don't be postin' shizzle or i'ms going to moderate you with extreme prejudice, yo. word up.' I've listened to the podcast, and trust me, he talks not only in lower case but like a gangsta because he's got street cred.
My favorite movie henchman is Sancho.

Follow my stupid crap on Twitter. Please note, I do not have time to reply to any PMs about color correction methods anymore; sorry about that.

[ Hoyoyo! Please pick up our Dr. Slump DVD! ]

SSVegetto
Banned

Post by SSVegetto » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:08 pm

Eddie wrote:You flat out said you felt entitled to it. You also implied that Kanzentai has a responsibility to put this special out there. Please quit while you're... well, not ahead... while you can still get out of this hole you've dug.
I don't even know what the hell that is, dude. I only looked over this thread for 3 point zero minutes(before people replied to me). The only thing that I knew was it was something that was rare. Or something I haven't heard of before. How the hell I could be entitled something I don't know what it is. All I said was it would be nice for people to share rare stuff. And for all I know, probably no one is entitled to have a legal copy of this. And downloading it or sending a copy is basically the same thing.

For all I know it's equivalent to an old rare DB commercial lost somewhere, that nobody wants to put on a DVD for an extra. Not everyone in the world has every animated db footage recorded on a tape, dvd, or whatever.

Again you seem to have a picture of me crying in the corner at night about this. Or not getting enough sleep because I don't have a rare DB thing. That is not the case. But feel free to think that if you want, I guess. Chances are I take what I can get in life. And I didn't even personally ask anyone for this yet or did my research to see if it's worth wanting enough where I have to personally ask someone for it.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:38 pm

This discussion is getting ridiculous. SSVegetto, multiple people have explained why there are no download links. I don't know why you keep complaining about Pokewhiz7, but he hasn't done anything wrong. We don't need to derail this thread with semantics and attempts at backtracking.

And as general forum policy, if you're not going to bother reading a thread well enough to understand what the topic is, you probably shouldn't be posting in it.
-Rachel

SSVegetto
Banned

Post by SSVegetto » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:42 pm

TripleRach wrote:This discussion is getting ridiculous. SSVegetto, multiple people have explained why there are no download links. I don't know why you keep complaining about Pokewhiz7, but he hasn't done anything wrong. We don't need to derail this thread with semantics and attempts at backtracking.

And as general forum policy, if you're not going to bother reading a thread well enough to understand what the topic is, you probably shouldn't be posting in it.
Just because I say something about someone, doesn't mean I think they are doing wrong. I just thought he shouldn't have spoken for someone that actually owns the thing. Doesn't mean he broke forum rules.

My explanations have nothing to do with download links. And I didn't check out the podcast on it to know specifically what is and where it has come from. The thread I understand enough, since it was so non specific to begin with. I'm just responding to the sarcasm replies. But if Eddie replies back, it wont matter since I already fully explained myself to him. So yeah, thread continue.
Last edited by SSVegetto on Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:55 pm

Reading the synopsis I like it how Gohan wasn't powerful enough to change out of his clothes. Those suits was obviously hand picked by Chichi.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:40 am

SSVegetto wrote:If you can't buy it anywhere, then they must have downloaded it as well. I feel pissed off when people say no. Something rare as this should be shared.
Okay, since no one says this, I'll be quite honest with you. I don't want to share this with everyone because it's rare. I do not want to see people proudly uploading it on YouTube. I want to monopolize it because I am selfish. Argument ended. :wink:

*edit: I noticed that they had misspelled Shunsuke Kikuchi in the opening. His name should be spelled "菊俊輔". 地 means "earth", and 池 means "pond".

Tweaker
Regular

Post by Tweaker » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:31 am

I don't understand what you'd be losing by uploading a piece of footage that was never commercially sold or why the actions of random users on YouTube concern you so deeply, but whatever. Your attitude infuriates me.

I guess we're all supposed to be thankful for you sharing it with the Kanzentai staff and honored that you would share it with anyone in the first place, but that's ridiculous to me. Your entitlement to a piece of content that you never created is completely artificial and the fact that you're willing to pull every screenshot in the world out of your ass but stop just short of the actual video file just makes you come off as extremely pompous. Considering you're the same guy who ripped off a bunch of people for their 2009 Special DVDs a couple of years back, I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but just know that it reflects extremely poorly on your character as a whole. You'll certainly earn no respect from me.

This looked like a really fun and obscure--albeit ultimately minor and insignificant--piece of animation that was largely lost to time. Too bad it'll stay that way to the general public until somebody else digs up a good looking copy and decides to upload it. Regardless, the work the Kanzentai staff put into it is admirable and appreciated, so thanks for that! You guys always have something interesting to offer and I really appreciate that. Keep up the great work. :)

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:41 am

Well, that was some kind of joke. I myself don't care much about sharing the whole thing. My brother told me not to do that. He is always like that. :P If you want it, just PM me. There is no problem with giving you personally. I just don't want to see the file spreading into everywhere on the internet.
Last edited by kei17 on Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tweaker
Regular

Post by Tweaker » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:45 am

I've done just that. I'll admit, I wasn't prepared for that kind of response. I'm still a little perplexed you wouldn't just provide a download link to everybody in one fell swoop (with appropriate credits to yourself for the rip, of course), but I suppose that's better than nothing.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:52 am

Additionally, while we could claim safe harbor for someone else distributing it via our foum, the fact that we DO moderate and remove "full episode" links yet would keep this visible goes against that and puts us at legal risk.

No thank you.

Do whatever you want on your own time where it's not visible to the public. Out of sight, out of mind. Nothing to do with me. Yay!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SylentEcho
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SylentEcho » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:30 am

Sucks that people are arguing about this crap.

Here's a solution. Kei, you don;t want people stealing it and just uploading it to places right? So why don't you upload it on your own YouTube channel and watermark the video with your name on it? You can also add a running subtitle in parts of the video stating that it belongs to you and a link to your page or something.

That way everyone can see it and no one will bother stealing it. :)

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:39 pm

Pretty Interesting find I hope we can find more of these lost gems. P.S I never realized how awesome Slug sounds in his Giant Form.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:04 pm

Ahem. On another matter, from the clips on Kanzentai, it's interesting to see that when they showed the Masenkō in movie 3 (the one with unfinished animation at the top when watching in 4:3), they letterboxed it, despite other scenes from that movie being in 4:3.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:03 pm

kei17 wrote:Well, that was some kind of joke. I myself don't care much about sharing the whole thing. My brother told me not to do that. He is always like that. :P If you want it, just PM me. There is no problem with giving you personally. I just don't want to see the file spreading into everywhere on the internet.
Well if thats the case can I have a copy? I promise I wont post it all over the net! Cross my heart and hope my DBOX's burst into flames if I do!

Bankotu

Post by Bankotu » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:54 am

kei17 wrote:Well, that was some kind of joke. I myself don't care much about sharing the whole thing. My brother told me not to do that. He is always like that. :P If you want it, just PM me. There is no problem with giving you personally. I just don't want to see the file spreading into everywhere on the internet.
Could you please pass me a copy to me too?? Not is it anyone I promise I will not let alone post them on the net, I have no need for it. I would love to see it...
From already thank you very much friend!! :D

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:39 am

ringworm128 wrote:Well if thats the case can I have a copy? I promise I wont post it all over the net! Cross my heart and hope my DBOX's burst into flames if I do!
Bankotu wrote:Could you please pass me a copy to me too?? Not is it anyone I promise I will not let alone post them on the net, I have no need for it. I would love to see it...
From already thank you very much friend!! :D
Could we, as Mike has just said, please refrain from asking publicly for copies of the special? PM stands for Private Message, so lets use those to keep these particular messages private. Please and thank you. ;p

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

oXdanXo
Regular

Post by oXdanXo » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:30 am

Kei17, did this ever have a DVD or Video release?
Next to get; Leged of Saiyan figures and Freeza's force

If anyone sees
Any of the Legend of Saiyan line going cheapish
Or any other Banpresto DBZ figure :)

If anyone has a cooler steelbook dvd that wants to sell it (prefer new but used is fine) when/if the dragon box movies comes out contact me :)

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:18 pm

oXdanXo wrote:Kei17, did this ever have a DVD or Video release?
This special never got an official release. Those that do have it likely recorded it when it aired or got it from someone who recorded it.
I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.

oXdanXo
Regular

Post by oXdanXo » Sun May 01, 2011 10:01 am

Chibi Gohan wrote:
oXdanXo wrote:Kei17, did this ever have a DVD or Video release?
This special never got an official release. Those that do have it likely recorded it when it aired or got it from someone who recorded it.
Thanks, I just can't help thinking that they should have made a figure of Gohan in a white Tux :)
Next to get; Leged of Saiyan figures and Freeza's force

If anyone sees
Any of the Legend of Saiyan line going cheapish
Or any other Banpresto DBZ figure :)

If anyone has a cooler steelbook dvd that wants to sell it (prefer new but used is fine) when/if the dragon box movies comes out contact me :)