Topics you are sick of

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

violadude
Beyond Newbie

Topics you are sick of

Post by violadude » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:27 am

This might be too controversial of a thread so the moderators can lock it if they want.

So what topics are you really sick of going over with people? Maybe because the question has no real answer, or the points just keep going in circles or maybe you just don't think it's relevant to the series. Yet it keeps being brought up.

I can think of a few but I'll save mine for later.

jpdbzrulz4sure
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Topics you are sick of

Post by jpdbzrulz4sure » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:48 am

General "dub VS sub".

Aspect ratios.
Last edited by jpdbzrulz4sure on Mon May 02, 2011 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Joey

oXdanXo
Regular

Post by oXdanXo » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:09 am

jpdbzrulz4sure wrote:General "dub VS sub".
But every now and then a good new point surfaces on each side, for me it's the "Do I get the Dragon Boxes or Kai?" But only if they've already made their mind up :) Oh and any Cooler Steelbook threads, as I'm kind of bitter about the fact I still don't have one :(
Next to get; Leged of Saiyan figures and Freeza's force

If anyone sees
Any of the Legend of Saiyan line going cheapish
Or any other Banpresto DBZ figure :)

If anyone has a cooler steelbook dvd that wants to sell it (prefer new but used is fine) when/if the dragon box movies comes out contact me :)

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:32 am

Dub vs. Sub.

Was Son Gohan Super Saiyan 2 or not against Dabra and Boo?

Is Super Boo stronger than Kid Boo (and vice versa)?

General Boo arc power discussions.

Was Nappa really 4,000 against Son Goku?

Whether or not "Android" is an accurate translation for "Jinzouningen".

What was the best ending for DB?
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Zionist
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zionist » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:45 am

Anything to do with power levels makes me purge.

Anything to specifically do with Majin Buu Arc power levels is even worse.

Of course Dub vs Sub, it all comes down to preference
Rocketman wrote:Who gives a shit about a Broly fan's feelings.
Zoms wrote:That moment when you relate your ship to glass tubes...

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:59 am

Zionist wrote:Anything to specifically do with Majin Buu Arc power levels is even worse.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that one.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Echo64
Beyond Newbie

Post by Echo64 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:04 am

The threads that request comparison shots between different Dragon Ball media.
"This planet's last remnant of hope!"
My DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My YouTube Channel

Mitsuomi

Post by Mitsuomi » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:53 am

Anything power level related. Especially after being a member on Neoseeker. The guys there have a total obsession with making up numbers and acting as if they are definitive proof of anything. Kaboom can testify to that.

Basically anything regarding vs type threads happen to really annoy me. Might as well add the debate about Fusion multipliers.
Deep into the ground they buried them, Indians of ancient times saw it as a holy shrine
Must have been a mighty GOD, to receive a gift of life, All the people must have known, happiness would come if sown
Can you believe, sacrificing their own

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Savage68 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:12 am

"Is ____ stronger than ____?" Nothing else really annoys me other than those.

violadude
Beyond Newbie

Post by violadude » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:29 am

Although I haven't seen it much lately, from time to time I see a discussion pop up about whether or not DB characters can move at the speed of light. Those really annoyed me to no end because then people would start posting these ridiculous complex scientific formulas trying to prove their point. And these were seriously formulas I didn't even understand....on a dragon ball forum, as if Toriyama was a rocket scientist drawing all this. I think any discussion on dragon ball gets pretty dumb once people start trying to apply real life scientific principles to the series.

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Savage68 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:33 am

Yeah, those types of things do pop up far too often, too.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:11 am

Mitsuomi wrote:Kaboom can testify to that.
Amen. I am developing a deep despondency for power-related discussions of all sorts. I think I need to refocus myself on creative projects again as a proverbial brain-cleansing.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:14 am

There's no need to speak disparagingly of other specific communities. People do and care about whatever it is they do.

What matters to us is how everyone *here* conducts themselves.

Thanks.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:16 am

^ Right on!

Vs-debates and power level discussion.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:18 am

Sub vs. dub in general, but more specifically, dub nomenclature vs. sub nomenclature.

Subbies: Haranguing ad nauseam about how inaccurate or mistranslated dub terms are achieves nothing. You're not going to convince anyone not to use them.

Dubbies: Ninety percent of the time, sub fans aren't being prententious when they use terms from the original version. That's how they watch the show. There's no need to insinuate otherwise.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:30 am

Quite honestly, I find it pretty ridiculous to whine about (well, that's how it comes across, anyway...) discussions you are sick of seeing.

Well... don't... read them...?

I mean, unless you're a moderator and *have* to be on-call and peruse most of the threads on any particular forum, I don't understand how you can get sick of a discussion. Just... don't read it, and don't get involved with it if you aren't interested (at all, any longer, ever... whatever). No-one's holding a gun to your head demanding that you read each and every single post made on the entire forum. You don't have to read everything.

Reasons for being sick of them seem to go all over the place and equally have little basis in reality. It's like people make up their minds about how discussions play out without reading them, make up their minds about their position on them without reading them, etc.

Take Piccolo Daimaoh's response above, for example. I don't see fans of the original Japanese of the franchise running around with their hands over their eyes, sighing, going, "OH MY GOD, I just can't BELIEVE that you DON'T UNDERSTAND just how COMPLETELY WRONG you are...! GEEEEEEZE!"

I... just... don't see it. Maybe it's elsewhere? Like I said in another thread in response to someone, it's not clear at all if the folks responding here are talking about things they are seeing here in this community or external to this community -- it would really help if you clarified that stuff.

And if it *is* here, isn't it usually just some one-off comment? I mean, the moderation team does a pretty decent job of making sure folks are responding politely to each other and getting conversations back on-track if they're heading into weird territory.

Basically, if you're sick of in-universe discussions, go read the music threads for a week or two. There's plenty to keep you busy.

That being said, I'm sick of discussions that don't involve Freeza Soldier A. I can't even begin to fathom why these "versus" threads can even be allowed to continue without acknowledging such a mechanical, scientific, bearded genius. Pfft.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:37 am

I am sick of "I am sick of" responses.

violadude
Beyond Newbie

Post by violadude » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:38 am

I understand your guys' point. My main issue is not that I feel forced to read certain topics, but it's just frustrating when you see a topic you think is really interesting get so little attention while some thread about "so and so's battle power" has pages and pages of people bickering about something that probably will never have a definite answer. That's just me speaking personally though.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:39 am

Well, I admit the issue with the "Nappa vs Guldo" thread was my fault...

violadude
Beyond Newbie

Post by violadude » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:41 am

Well I'm not trying to point out anyone or any thread in particular. I'm just speaking in general here.