FUNimation DBZ TV Blu-ray Official On-Going Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Puto
I Live Here

Re: FUNimation to put DBZ on Blu-Ray

Post by Puto » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:22 pm

Dragon Ball, possibly. Dragon Ball GT, will not happen. They only have digital masters for that one.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:22 pm

I don't know if it has been brought up but my main concern is what will happen with the Movie packs? They have the movie 5 pack coming out which isn't what I am talking about. The dragonbox release of the movies and this kind of remastering for blue ray of the movies... Are they both going to come out now?

jnj13

Post by jnj13 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:27 pm

Beji wrote:This is very frustrating maybe ill give away all 7 dragonboxes to someone as an x-mas gift if i plan on buying 2 of the blue rays.... Why did they have to do this!!!
I wouldn't count on this just yet. We don't have enough material from the Blu-Rays yet to make a real judgment of quality and how it will look for sure in when it is all said and done. Remember the quality of many Funimation DragonBall Z releases up to now?

And there is always the off chance that this will be unceremoniously discontinued partway through, especially considering how much effort and money is apparently going into this release. Remember the Ultimate Uncut releases?

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:33 pm

Beji wrote:I don't know if it has been brought up but my main concern is what will happen with the Movie packs? They have the movie 5 pack coming out which isn't what I am talking about. The dragonbox release of the movies and this kind of remastering for blue ray of the movies... Are they both going to come out now?
Well there has been a lot of speculation about Dragonbox The Movies, but Funi says they have the masters and the hidden message in Dragonbox 6 certainly implies that there will indeed be a Dragonbox The Movies (unless it was a typo). As far as the movie 5 pack goes, I think Funi has that in order to go along with their orange brick sets, sort of how the Dragonball movie 4 pack went with the blue bricks. If they do indeed make the movie 5 pack in blu-ray in order to go along with these new level 1.1 releases, then I would say that that will not happen for quite some time.
jnj13 wrote: And there is always the off chance that this will be unceremoniously discontinued partway through...
I doubt that...

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:38 pm

DanielGClapp wrote: As far as the movie 5 pack goes, I think Funi has that in order to go along with their orange brick sets, sort of how the Dragonball movie 4 pack went with the blue bricks.
I am not disagreeing with you because I do not know and the new movie packs match how the orange and blue bricks look. But I thought the steel book cases went along with their orange bricks.

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:03 pm

Beji wrote:I am not disagreeing with you because I do not know and the new movie packs match how the orange and blue bricks look. But I thought the steel book cases went along with their orange bricks.
The steelbooks got semi-discontinued (or completely, I'm not really sure). They probably stopped production on those in order to present these new 5-packs. In other words, if you want the full movie collection, your best bet would be these new releases, since the Cooler and Bojack double features are sort of rare these days.

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:17 pm

Oooh okay I didn't know they were discontinued I thought the cooler 2 pack was the only one. I have them all though(got a lot from fye) they are so nice i wished they kept all of their releases at steel book dragonbox quality packaging. Still hoping they make a decision on what they are going to release though and not 2 extra releases after these movie 5 packs or there will be no point in buying them no matter how cheap they are.

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:25 pm

Well I just looked it up on amazon, and Tree of might and the Broly triple feature seem to be rare nowadays as well. Hope this helps!

enapace
Beyond Newbie

Post by enapace » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:37 pm

DanielGClapp wrote:Well I just looked it up on amazon, and Tree of might and the Broly triple feature seem to be rare nowadays as well. Hope this helps!
Wouldn't say Broly Triple feature was rare rightstuff has it in stock. But yeah Bojack and Cooler are rare [Especially cooler] and tree of might is sort of hard get but not that hard if you search around.

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:57 pm

The movies on Blu-Ray are cheap. You can get the Cooler double feature for like $25.

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:12 pm

enapace wrote:Wouldn't say Broly Triple feature was rare rightstuff has it in stock. But yeah Bojack and Cooler are rare [Especially cooler] and tree of might is sort of hard get but not that hard if you search around.
Just give it a bit more time. 8)

enapace
Beyond Newbie

Post by enapace » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:09 pm

DanielGClapp wrote:
enapace wrote:Wouldn't say Broly Triple feature was rare rightstuff has it in stock. But yeah Bojack and Cooler are rare [Especially cooler] and tree of might is sort of hard get but not that hard if you search around.
Just give it a bit more time. 8)
True I was just saying now.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:41 pm

Level 1.2 cover
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:44 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:Image

Level 1.2 cover
Yuck. Too much going on. It wants to overwhelm your eyes, but only confuses me.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:45 pm

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Yuck. Too much going on. It wants to overwhelm your eyes, but only confuses me.
I agree

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:50 pm

Upon looking at the cover more I don't hate it as much as I did when I first viewed it. There just seems to be something off about Vegeta's face.

I do really like the image on the spine.

Someone pointed this out on another forum that this has one less episode than Level 1.1.

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:08 pm

MarcFBR said earlier in the thread that it would be a nice collection of characters on the side. It does look pretty cool.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:24 pm

Final discs will be the farmer with the shotgun on the side. I called it first.

He made a cameo in the Buu saga!

mikezilla2
Beyond Newbie

Post by mikezilla2 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:12 pm

And they're region locked. :(

SolarBlade52
Beyond Newbie

Post by SolarBlade52 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:39 pm

Vegeta's pointer finger looks very disjointed.