Dragon Ball Z Dragon Box Z Volume Seven Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Z Dragon Box Z Volume Seven Discussion

Post by Krycek7o2 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:59 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
Krycek7o2 wrote:Nothing wrong with GT. The ending is far superior than Z's.
There's plenty wrong with GT. But I will agree its ending is much more satisfying. Since it actually feels like a conclusion, not to mention the montage.
Hold on, hold on. Let me fix it. I realized I left something out myself.

"Nothing Wrong liking GT. The ending is far superior than Z's."

There! Seriously, the only thing I liked about GT was the end. I pretty much hated most of the series.

thedarkuniter
Beyond Newbie

Post by thedarkuniter » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:02 pm

I personally like GT. Sure, a lot of things didn't make much sense, however I like how they combined the adventure aspect of Dragon Ball and the fighting/ powering up from Dragon Ball Z together. The dub was also pretty respectable long before Kai's dub came out.
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TP2O

Kakarotto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kakarotto » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:15 pm

Let's stop posting about GT and let's just wait for people to post pictures and clips. :wink: :wink:
Bald that way

SSJ2 Dark

Post by SSJ2 Dark » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:19 pm

Yes, I would like to see disc art. Although I just ordered Box 7 today with Priority, so maybe I should keep it a surprise for myself.

GotenDaisuki
Regular

Post by GotenDaisuki » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:20 pm

I'm still psyched for the GT preview, but for some reason it feels out of place since it's on the Z film and not the GT film, which FUNimation has no access to.
Also, I'm curious as to what the Dragon Book will contain. Pictures of that would be nice as well.
So mondo lame.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:23 pm

I wouldn't hold out for me posting screen caps or clips. I don't have the time or patience.

I'm right at Boo absorbing Gohan. My first two discs had some glitches so I missed a bit and will have to have RightStuf send me a replacement. >_< Well, at least I can watch Vegetto kick the stuffing out of Majin Boo!
GotenDaisuki wrote:I'm still psyched for the GT preview, but for some reason it feels out of place since it's on the Z film and not the GT film, which FUNimation has no access to.
Also, I'm curious as to what the Dragon Book will contain. Pictures of that would be nice as well.
The preview is exactly where it is supposed to be (well, aside from being after the ending). There's no other place for it to be placed.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:54 pm

I didn't know rightstuf was so on the ball, they actually charged me last week, but i was overdrawn so i told them to wait a week, so ill get it sent out this Friday, can't wait for the seventh one to come in though :D
Well first I need the first 6 to come (hopefully tomorrow).
Otaku at heart.
Come visit me and my collection here!

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:27 am

JulieYBM wrote:I'm right at Boo absorbing Gohan. My first two discs had some glitches so I missed a bit and will have to have RightStuf send me a replacement. >_< Well, at least I can watch Vegetto kick the stuffing out of Majin Boo!
The Vegetto fight gets boring after about 2 episodes. Seriously, how can you drag out a one-sided fight for soooo long?!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:57 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:The Vegetto fight gets boring after about 2 episodes. Seriously, how can you drag out a one-sided fight for soooo long?!
We've seen Gogeta used in a couple of game openings and such because, like Gotenks, he can be formed without any real consequence to the characters. Vegetto practically never gets used for new animation (though he is in the new Heroes commercial to fight Gohan Buu) because he's supposed to be a permanent character once fused. So I think the real question should be, why didn't they drag it out longer... I want some more Vegetto. lol
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:53 am

My Dragon Box 7 shipped on Friday, along with Dragon Ball Viz BIG Volume 5. I hope I get them soon, I can't wait to finish up the Z series once again! :)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:17 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:The Vegetto fight gets boring after about 2 episodes. Seriously, how can you drag out a one-sided fight for soooo long?!
We've seen Gogeta used in a couple of game openings and such because, like Gotenks, he can be formed without any real consequence to the characters. Vegetto practically never gets used for new animation (though he is in the new Heroes commercial to fight Gohan Buu) because he's supposed to be a permanent character once fused. So I think the real question should be, why didn't they drag it out longer... I want some more Vegetto. lol
Since when do openings try to apply logic? Ultimate Blast's has child Super Saiyan 2 Gohan next to Super Saiyan 3 Gokuu! :P

But that does remind me, I want some more modern Vegetto animation!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:59 pm

Got volume seven today to complete the set. The ordering of the discs are consistent to the sixth box. I don't know when I'll get to watching this set since I've still yet to begun watching the fourth.

And the image is complete.
I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:14 pm

Thanks for the images Chibi Gohan.

I love the image of SSJ Goku on the cover of the Dragon Book.

Mountain
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mountain » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:16 pm

PuppetDoctor wrote:Thanks for the images Chibi Gohan.
+1 =)

www.KristaMichaels.com

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:33 pm

That looks great, though it's too bad the artwork seen on the 2nd Japanese book wasn't used like how the 1st was used on Volume Three:

Last edited by BluezaBladeNZ on Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:43 pm

Kind of a weird feeling. Now that this is over with we're stuck playing the waiting game since, for most of us, we're not completely satisfied with just the 291 Z episodes. And FUNi's coyness on the matter is likely to continue for a little while longer, at least.

I know that after Volume 2 there was little reason to review the subsequent releases since "yup, all the same" would suffice. But given that we're finally through it, I'd love to see a final Daizex treatment of the 7 volumes as a whole. The last two years have been interesting to say the least. And a new article/review would tide us over while we wait for any future announcements.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:05 pm

Chibi Gohan wrote: And the image is complete.
This makes me shed tears in joy... :cry:

I can't wait to get mine and finally have the complete series in the best quality after over a decade.

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:31 pm

Wow, just noticed that all the disc art seen in this one matches the original, aside from Pan missing on the last disc and they fixed the Kid/Super Boo order.

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:46 pm

Wow, well I can't wait to get mine in! It'll be a little bit, but wow! I will say that I am somewhat disappointed with the Dragonbook. Yes the picture of SSJ Goku is awesome, but it would have been way better if it had been the R2 Dragonbook 2 cover. They did that with DBox 3, so I was hoping that would happen. Also, since I am pretty OCD, the disc order drives me up the wall! I don't know why in the world they just went and reversed the disc order like that, I mean come on! It wouldn't be that big of a deal, except for that the actual disc numbers are branded right under the disc, so you can't correct the order! This is pretty much like putting all of the discs in the season sets from right to left. It's just really annoying!

Vegeta1984
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegeta1984 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:47 pm

Hell yeah... Ordering mine tomorrow....
XBox Live GamerTag - PSYCHO50501
http://www.facebook.com/daniel.j.williams3
BATMAN ARKHAM CITY - October 18, 2011