Does anyone have ドクタースランプDVD-BOX "SLUMP THE BOX 90's"?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Toranks

Does anyone have ドクタースランプDVD-BOX "SLUMP THE BOX 90's"?

Post by Toranks » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:47 am

Hello, how are you?
The pack of this remake of Dr. Slump anime comes with a comic:
OFFICIAL ドクタースランプDVD-BOX "SLUMP THE BOX 90's" WEBSITE

My question is:
Is the crossover between Goku and Arale in this book?:
Anime Comic with Arale and Gokuh Crossover?

When this series was broadcast on television had an anime-manga. Is it the same?
Originally published in the magazine Virtual Jump, number 5, year 1999.
Authors: Takao Koyama, Tadayoshi Yanamura

Do click to enlarge the images:
Image Image
Thanks;)

NEWS:
I found the name of the chapter which talks about Dragon Ball here:
http://www.vjumpbooks.com/_maintenance/ ... 993901.jpg
Number 18: "Son Goku Comes to Penguin Village"
Number 19 ドラゴンボールに何願う
I think the meaning is: "What would you wish to a Dragon Ball?"
It has been translated by a japanese friend.
Last edited by Toranks on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Puto
I Live Here

Re: Does anyone have ドクタースランプDVD-BOX "SLUMP THE BOX 90's"?

Post by Puto » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:59 am

Seems to be the same crossover story that's told in the second Dr. Slump anime.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Toranks

Post by Toranks » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:49 am

Puto wrote:Seems to be the same crossover story that's told in the second Dr. Slump anime.
Yes, it is based on the second anime about Dr. Slump.
But the argument isn't exactly the same.

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:53 pm

I'm not sure, but I have another question. Is the NEP for the last GT episode a Dr. Slump preview? I think I've heard that before.

BTW, I would love to own that set!

Toranks

Post by Toranks » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:04 pm

DanielGClapp wrote:I... Is the NEP for the last GT...
What is "NEP"?
Sorry, I don't understand you.

mikezilla2
Beyond Newbie

Post by mikezilla2 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:56 pm

next episode preview

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:12 am

Can I ask a question? I read somewhere that the Slump Boxes are something like the Dragon Boxes. So, does anyone know how many Slump Boxes exist and what they contain?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Toranks

Post by Toranks » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:30 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Can I ask a question? I read somewhere that the Slump Boxes are something like the Dragon Boxes. So, does anyone know how many Slump Boxes exist and what they contain?
Information (in japanese).
Dr. Slump 80's: http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/arale/ (I'm not sure if it's the BOX or it's other version in individual discs)
Dr. Slump 90's: http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/dvd/dr-slump90s/

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:43 pm

Last edited by Adamant on Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:12 pm

In hopes that this thread does no get locked, I will ask about this particular clip I saw on youtube a while ago. It was a clip from the Dr. Slump anime (which I am very unfamiliar with) and it featured Goku. For some reason, Arale had brown hair. I know there were two different Dr. Slump anime made, but I'm very confused. This is one of those series that seriously needs to be dubbed and released in the U.S. And Adamant, your links aren't working for me. :(

Edit: Here is that clip. The style of animation looks like it was made after GT.

Aaand Edit: Here is another clip from the anime that features Goku.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:35 pm

Toranks wrote:Image
Oozaru with human feet? How weird...

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:41 pm

DanielGClapp wrote:In hopes that this thread does no get locked, I will ask about this particular clip I saw on youtube a while ago. It was a clip from the Dr. Slump anime (which I am very unfamiliar with) and it featured Goku. For some reason, Arale had brown hair. I know there were two different Dr. Slump anime made, but I'm very confused.
Arale was brown-haired in the 90s anime, which is also the one to have Goku cameos.
DanielGClapp wrote:And Adamant, your links aren't working for me. :(
Forum bugs. Just copypaste them.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:48 pm

Adamant wrote:Arale was brown-haired in the 90s anime, which is also the one to have Goku cameos.
Ah, I see. I was starting to think that it took place after GT and that the Arale with brown hair was the daughter or granddaughter of the Arale with purple hair. I also thought that the goku in that anime was Pan's son. I must have been over thinking it.
Forum bugs. Just copypaste them.
Ah, I see. Those sets are extremely expensive. :(

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:44 pm

DanielGClapp wrote:Ah, I see. Those sets are extremely expensive. :(
They are indeed. If I could find one for under a 100, I would definitely get one, seeing as it seems we won't be getting the show over here. :?

Toranks

Post by Toranks » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:59 pm

I forgot to tell you that this story was originally published in the magazine Virtual Jump, number 5, year 1999.
Authors: Takao Koyama, Tadayoshi Yanamura

Toranks

Post by Toranks » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Other image

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:31 pm

Do you know the title of this chapter?
EDIT: Also, like in the Slump Box 90s it has this special manga chapter, the Slump Box The Movies has one too!
http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/dvd/movie-ar ... index.html
It's called "Dr. Mashirito & Abale-chan" I think...
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Toranks

Post by Toranks » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:49 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Do you know the title of this chapter?
EDIT: Also, like in the Slump Box 90s it has this special manga chapter, the Slump Box The Movies has one too!
http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/dvd/movie-ar ... index.html
It's called "Dr. Mashirito & Abale-chan" I think...
The only pictures about this book that I have are here:
http://vjumpbooks.com/staffblog/archive ... om=&ucat=3&

Click on the image :)

thedarkuniter
Beyond Newbie

Post by thedarkuniter » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:10 pm

I don't see a reason why this thread should be locked. I mean, Toriyama created both Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball and both series have numerious crossovers and references to each other.
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TP2O

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:53 pm

Yes, and this thread talks for a crossover too.