Rightstuf Dragon Ball Sale!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragonfist
Beyond Newbie

Rightstuf Dragon Ball Sale!

Post by dragonfist » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:14 pm

Just found out that Rightstuf.com is having all five seasons of the original Dragon Ball TV series for only $54.99 over on their site. Its part of their 12 days of savings special holiday sale. And if you happen to have a couple of those seasons already they are selling each one individually for 11.99. Pile up a couple of those products on the sale and you could get free sipping either US or Internationally. To mods if anyone has already reported on these feel free to lock this thread.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827 ... 3926/4/0/0 Series bundle
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827 ... 4210/4/0/0 Season One
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827 ... 4592/4/0/0 Season two
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827 ... 5839/4/0/0 Season Three
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827 ... 6811/4/0/0 Season Four
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827 ... 7246/4/0/0Season Five

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/ne ... urnTo=Main General Sale Page

GotenDaisuki
Regular

Re: Rightstuf Dragon Ball Sale!

Post by GotenDaisuki » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:42 pm

Looks like it's finally time for me to buy the Blue Bricks.
So mondo lame.

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:56 pm

GotenDaisuki wrote:Looks like it's finally time for me to buy the Blue Bricks.
Same here, I've been thinking about re-buying these and at this price its quite the steal. Now to also get the movie 4-pack and I'll be good once again.

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:57 pm

Someone already posted this. It could use it's own thread though. Easier to see now.

Spoofer

Post by Spoofer » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:09 pm

I figured I was too much of a lurker to make a new thread about it, but I'm glad someone else did for more people to see, lol. ^_^;;

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:25 pm

Since it has it's own thread now, I'll re-post what I said in the other thread. In more detail.

I think there is an underlying reason to why these are on sale for so cheap on not 1, but 2 online retailers. At close to $10 per season, they are practically giving them away. FUNimation might be trying to sell off a majority of their stock of these sets. They have been out for 2 years now. Hopefully they are planning to re-release DB in the near future. If it weren't for the zooming on these sets, I would have updated my collection from the 2-disc sets. I REALLY hope they plan to release DB DBoxes. It would be nice if they did that first in limited quantities, then went ahead with a Blu-Ray release.

We can dream, can't we?

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:31 pm

Craddle wrote:Since it has it's own thread now, I'll re-post what I said in the other thread. In more detail.

I think there is an underlying reason to why these are on sale for so cheap on not 1, but 2 online retailers. At close to $10 per season, they are practically giving them away. FUNimation might be trying to sell off a majority of their stock of these sets. They have been out for 2 years now. Hopefully they are planning to re-release DB in the near future. If it weren't for the zooming on these sets, I would have updated my collection from the 2-disc sets. I REALLY hope they plan to release DB DBoxes. It would be nice if they did that first in limited quantities, then went ahead with a Blu-Ray release.

We can dream, can't we?
To be honest, I'd say forget the Dragon Box and just go straight to the BD Release. While I've had the D-Box for the series, the overall presentation of the current BD sets has impressed me over the DVD releases.

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:40 pm

The bad news is that Funimation doesn't have actual film masters for DB and GT as far as we know, only digibetas, and since film would be costly, I don't know if they would risk it on something that's not DBZ. Hopefully we do get BDs though, and actual remasters, not poor upscales. >.<

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:46 pm

Krycek7o2 wrote:]To be honest, I'd say forget the Dragon Box and just go straight to the BD Release. While I've had the D-Box for the series, the overall presentation of the current BD sets has impressed me over the DVD releases.
I would if they did the following: Included original title cards, NEP's, correct openings and endings and they upped the brightness a couple percent. (Based on the darkness of the DBZ BD's) (Not to mention the packaging on the DB DBoxes would be far superior.)

Since we know that probably wont happen, I'm hoping for a DB DBox. If it never does, (Which it probably wont) I'll eventually have to save up enough money for Toei's Dragon Box.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:53 pm

No! I just ordered some Blu-Ray movies for Christmas! Dang it! 54 Dollars for all 5 seasons! If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any :(
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

okpank

Post by okpank » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:57 am

$54 dollars is so cheap, I could careless if they were released yet again. I'd probably still buy the next one even.

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:39 am

Dammit, that is a steal! :o If only I had known earlier...
I already spent the majority of my salary on music, clothing and the Scot Pilgrim manga boxset. :/

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:41 am

Ahhhh phooey, I've practically spent all the money I have and probably won't be getting any til Xmas.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:45 am

Fudge it, ordered it! :lol:

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:59 pm

Has FUNimation ever released sets from both series at the same time? (aka. blue or green bricks while the orange bricks were coming out?)

Because that would kinda negate any Dragon Ball Blu-Ray release right now...and give us even more of our hopes of for the Dragon Boxes. (Specially now that they've been marketing all 3 releases of Z for quite some time now)
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

GotenDaisuki
Regular

Post by GotenDaisuki » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:39 pm

Just ordered seasons 2, 4, and 5. All for just under $40. :)
So mondo lame.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:03 pm

My wallet is crying tears of joy.

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by dragondyle » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:09 pm

It's a good deal! It's $63.95 through Amazon. You save $8.96
You must have faith in who you are.

dragonfist
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonfist » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:02 pm

SInce I am not all that familiar with these sets can anyone post some comparison shots between these and the R2 Japanese DVD's? Thanks a bunch guys!

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:22 pm

dragonfist wrote:SInce I am not all that familiar with these sets can anyone post some comparison shots between these and the R2 Japanese DVD's? Thanks a bunch guys!
There's been plenty of threads comparing them. The search button is your friend.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!