Dragonball Errors

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Re: Dragonball Errors

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:41 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote: Some more :D
His belt was like this since he woke up after being ill

Then moments later:
That was in the manga too. Toriyama and Toei flopped on that one.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:48 pm

It's definitely one of his legs. If you look carefully you can see part of his tail as well.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:55 pm

Gonstead wrote:It's definitely one of his legs. If you look carefully you can see part of his tail as well.
It's definitely an arm (I see more than 3 fingers). His legs are still attached to his waist if I remember correctly.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:08 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:Some more :D

Then moments later:
Noticed that one. Never got around to posting it, so I'm glad you did. :D

Here's another one with the wrong belt: In Kai episode 92 (also in the corresponding Z episode), when the Cell Jr. hits Goku into the side of a cliff, he magically has his old belt back.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:00 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:
Gonstead wrote:It's definitely one of his legs. If you look carefully you can see part of his tail as well.
It's definitely an arm (I see more than 3 fingers). His legs are still attached to his waist if I remember correctly.
This is after he is cut in half.

He still has his right arm attached. His left arm is cut off (What I think you're referring to) and if you look, that "third arm" is actually one of his legs.

Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:18 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:Some more :D

Then moments later:
I think the last one has error too. Chi-Chi's skin should not be darker than Goku's.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

ErikB
Beyond Newbie

Post by ErikB » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:27 am

Considering the light direction on the rest of her body, I think all of the skin you can see is just shaded.
Though with that in mind, how come none of Goku's skin appears to be shaded when his clothing is?

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:49 am

ErikB wrote:Considering the light direction on the rest of her body, I think all of the skin you can see is just shaded.
Though with that in mind, how come none of Goku's skin appears to be shaded when his clothing is?
Laziness, time efficient. Actually, I think they did that a ton in the original Dragonball; many times skin was shaded but the clothing wasn't and vice versa. It's cheaper, and quicker to do that. On this particular frame, the shot probably lasts for a few seconds so there was really no need to colour such a small image.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

SuicidalZerg
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuicidalZerg » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:47 pm

Inside of undershirt sleeve is skin-colored, and around the neck it's the same color as the overshirt.

They forgot to color in the moustache (not sure if this has been covered before)

This is literally the worst animation I have ever seen in an episode of Dragon Ball. It looks like a fan drew it... sloppily

One moment, part of ten-san's clothes are teal-blue...

And they they're white.

And they forgot to color the red line on Piccolo's left forearm

I couldn't agree with him more.

Again, they miscolor his left arm.

Self-explanatory.

Is Gohan wearing his ruff, and they forgot to color it, or what?

Here's one from good-old Dragon Ball, they neglected to color in his eyebrows

Code: Select all

(Nils_McCloud) The animator in question had been working on Krillin a bit too often :p
Nozawaberries commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdqta3iB6ZM

Twitch stream: http://www.twitch.tv/suicidalzerg
Planet Minecraft skins: http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/son_gohan/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SC2SuicidalZerg
NA Battle tag: SuicidalZerg.158
MC username: SuicidalZerg

ErikB
Beyond Newbie

Post by ErikB » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:02 am

This is very niche and picky but I noticed it a long time ago and never had the opportunity to point it out:
From the second episode of GT. Looks like Last House misinterpreted Toriyama's way of drawing ears because Goten is plugging his ear in the wrong spot. He's plugging the cymba instead of the cava/ear canal. That sure won't help with the noise.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:14 pm

Perhaps not an error like many others in this thread but the proportions are so screwy here.
Look at Goku's teeny tiny hands...they're so cute. :lol:
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

ErikB
Beyond Newbie

Post by ErikB » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:53 am

I'm watching Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans right now and noticed something doesn't look quite right here:
Hmm...
The eyes aren't completely outlined.
Stray strand of hair over the forehead.
Although they're barely on screen, the spikes of hair to the right sweep down as opposed to up.
Seems Goku was mistakenly drawn in his base form (he is Super Saiyan in this scene) and they simply coloured him as a Super Saiyan.

kazamino
Not-So-Newbie

Post by kazamino » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:05 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Image

Perhaps not an error like many others in this thread but the proportions are so screwy here.
Look at Goku's teeny tiny hands...they're so cute. :lol:
hahaha, baby hands... I think I know where a friend got the idea of monster Goten now!
In a world of approximately seven billion people, the irony is that wandering around... is the fastest way to get noticed

ErikB
Beyond Newbie

Post by ErikB » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:42 pm

I had to grab multiple frames to make this one clear:
GT Episode 54: Gill is incorrectly layered in front of Goku in this shot.

EDIT: Just found another error in the same episode.
The negative space between Sì Xīng Lóng's knees is coloured in:
And just to make it clear that it isn't his wing or something, we can see his wings fanned out around his shoulders in the same shot (after a pan up):

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:34 am

Just wanna say that it's always ridiculously easy to tell who's taking screen shots from their bootleg downloads.

Maybe, like, even remotely try to hide it here, please...?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:45 am

VegettoEX wrote:Just wanna say that it's always ridiculously easy to tell who's taking screen shots from their bootleg downloads.

Maybe, like, even remotely try to hide it here, please...?
I definitely agree, (Not saying that I have, since I haven't screencapped here yet) but say, my GT set is at a friends, or I don't have a BluRay player, so I can't give an example of an error in Kai direct-from-source, but I don't want to bother anyone with the task of grabbing it for my own credit. It's really kinda hard to blame people for it.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:42 am

Not to start a debate here, but even for fans who own the official releases, its easier to have bootleg downloads on the computer than ripping the releases into the computer. And then, obviously, its easier to use screenshots of those.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:04 pm

rereboy wrote:Not to start a debate here, but even for fans who own the official releases, its easier to have bootleg downloads on the computer than ripping the releases into the computer. And then, obviously, its easier to use screenshots of those.
Yes, and?

VegettoEX is just asking you (people in general) if you can perhaps make it a little less obvious that the screen shots are from a bootleg source. Like, maybe take those subtitles off?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:20 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
rereboy wrote:Not to start a debate here, but even for fans who own the official releases, its easier to have bootleg downloads on the computer than ripping the releases into the computer. And then, obviously, its easier to use screenshots of those.
Yes, and?

VegettoEX is just asking you (people in general) if you can perhaps make it a little less obvious that the screen shots are from a bootleg source. Like, maybe take those subtitles off?
He's asking because bootlegs downloads are usually frowned upon, but they are usually frowned upon because of the people who have them and don't support the official products or the franchise. However, I can't find anything, at least morally, wrong in a person that supports the franchise and has the official products, but also has bootleg products and downloads, and, for commodity reasons, prefers to use them to take screenshots in the computer. Hence, my comment.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:34 pm

You're just missing the point. It was a simple request. Make it less obvious - that was it. I don't wanna get into a whole thing here and divert the thread. This will be my last reply on the matter. :D