Color Correcting the Dragon Box - 3 Part Spectacular

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Color Correcting the Dragon Box - 3 Part Spectacular

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:30 pm

The entire film has a red tint. jaisonas didn't correct that red tint problem, only changed a few elements in the frame to look like they're not affected by it. I removed the red tint from the whole image (ROUGHLY, as I said. BY HAND I said. I never said mine was perfect, in that original post I said ROUGHLY, yet you've been fighting me about how it's "just not good" or "not at all accurate", and you're coming across as oddly confrontational), jaisonas did not. That is my entire point. When correcting the color cast of the

If my work's going to be compared to Enigmo (as if he's a high standard to begin with) then I know that I am wasting my time and other people who are reading this thread's time.

Anyway, here is my previous image, but this time I painstakingly went back and removed just a hint of blue, and here. No color cast at all.

To the naked eye the difference is almost imperceptible, but in fact, it is changed:

There.

(and before you complain that it's not completely greyscale, you should know that the grain on the Dragon Box has slight color variation throughout the entire image. You can see this when you zoom in closely. It is impossible, without manually adjusting the color of everything in the frame for every single frame of the 18 minute per episode, 291 episode series, to change, so it wouldn't ever be completely grayscale in a legitimate color correction)
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:47 pm

You say it's "supposed" to look the way you did and i had problem with that because to me i could see very easily it was not white balance. so when i see someone say something not white balance "supposed" to look like that i have a problem.

There is your new one on left and your old one on right. it looks much better now. when i see your first one then your new one it make difference to me. maybe my eyes are too good now at seeing bad white balance.

but you say it took you painstakingly to do this one and that is not a good thing. it should be simple thing.

and you are wrong. the entire film does NOT have red tint. the highlight and mid have red but the shadow is blue tint...this is normal. for example in episode 2 shadow have very big red tint but whites have yellow tint. you need to be able to see these thing to be do good cc...

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:54 pm

It, honestly, wouldn't surprise me if some of the accounts on this site that defend Enigmo or hold him up as an actual standard are Enigmo himself using a VPN or something. As a recent interaction I had with him showed, he still checks back on this forum pretty regularly, as he made fun of me typing "essays" on here (only a small amount of my personal posts have actually reached that length). Dude has SUCH a fragile ego, it's sad.
Last edited by Scsigs on Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:56 pm

Metalwario64 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:30 pm (and before you complain that it's not completely greyscale, you should know that the grain on the Dragon Box has slight color variation throughout the entire image. You can see this when you zoom in closely. It is impossible, without manually adjusting the color of everything in the frame for every single frame of the 18 minute per episode, 291 episode series, to change, so it wouldn't ever be completely grayscale in a legitimate color correction)
you don't have to tell this thing to me friend. its why i have been doing blur on image when checking tint. i blur to get rid of chroma variance by noise. you should had figure this out when you see me do blur 5 posts before.......
Scsigs wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:54 pm It, honestly, wouldn't surprise me if some of the accounts on this site that defend Enigmo or hold him up as an actual standard are Enigmo himself using a VPN or something. As a recent interaction I had with him showed, he still checks back on this forum pretty regularly, as he made fun of me typing "essays" on here (only a small amount of my personal posts have actually reached that length). Dude has SUCH a fragile ego, it's sad.
so if anybody who said anything good about enigmo cc is enigmo.....ajay is enigmo?
there is discord server that have better cc always going on by many people than on this thread:
https://i.imgur.com/BOuyjbI.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/q0r5X6s.jpg

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:11 pm

HakkaiBills93 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:56 pm
Scsigs wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:54 pm It, honestly, wouldn't surprise me if some of the accounts on this site that defend Enigmo or hold him up as an actual standard are Enigmo himself using a VPN or something. As a recent interaction I had with him showed, he still checks back on this forum pretty regularly, as he made fun of me typing "essays" on here (only a small amount of my personal posts have actually reached that length). Dude has SUCH a fragile ego, it's sad.
so if anybody who said anything good about enigmo cc is enigmo.....ajay is enigmo?
No, that's not what I meant at all. Why are you getting defensive, dude? I didn't accuse you of being him. I just said I wouldn't be surprised if some of the accounts were sock accounts by him. Calm it down. Your typing isn't nearly as good as his, so, I assume, you either don't care about proper typing & grammar, or English isn't your first language, which I don't really care either way, so I don't suspect you of being him.

However, your conduct right now isn't really coming off as the best. You're having an argument over fucking white balance when all you had to do was talk about what you or someone else did & compare/contrast rather than start an argument about this, for fuck's sake.

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:18 pm

Scsigs wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:11 pm
HakkaiBills93 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:56 pm
No, that's not what I meant at all. Why are you getting defensive, dude? I didn't accuse you of being him. I just said I wouldn't be surprised if some of the accounts were sock accounts by him. Calm it down. Your typing isn't nearly as good as his, so, I assume, you either don't care about proper typing & grammar, or English isn't your first language, which I don't really care either way, so I don't suspect you of being him.

However, your conduct right now isn't really coming off as the best. You're having an argument over fucking white balance when all you had to do was talk about what you or someone else did & compare/contrast rather than start an argument about this, for fuck's sake.
English is not my first language why do you care. anyway this is color correction topic. i rather argue about white balance than argue about enigmo like you.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:18 pm

HakkaiBills93 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:18 pm
Scsigs wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:11 pm Your typing isn't nearly as good as his, so, I assume, you either don't care about proper typing & grammar, or English isn't your first language, which I don't really care either way, so I don't suspect you of being him.
English is not my first language why do you care. anyway this is color correction topic. i rather argue about white balance than argue about enigmo like you.
I explained why I care about that. See? It's right there.
As for Enigmo, I don't wanna be arguing about the guy. I don't even like him, why would I wanna argue about him? I was just saying something I was thinking. Again, calm. It. Down.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:32 pm

Scsigs wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:18 pm
HakkaiBills93 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:18 pm
Scsigs wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:11 pm Your typing isn't nearly as good as his, so, I assume, you either don't care about proper typing & grammar, or English isn't your first language, which I don't really care either way, so I don't suspect you of being him.
I explained why I care about that. See? It's right there.
As for Enigmo, I don't wanna be arguing about the guy. I don't even like him, why would I wanna argue about him? I was just saying something I was thinking. Again, calm. It. Down.
I mean i do get that HakkaiBills is not a native English speaker and thus his rather poor typing/grammar reflecting that, but not so much with thinking you want to carry on a debate with him about Enigmo and all his crap both here and elsewhere when you've expressed no such desire and yet keeps on saying it.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:57 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:32 pm I mean i do get that HakkaiBills is not a native English speaker and thus his rather poor typing/grammar reflecting that, but not so much with thinking you want to carry on a debate with him about Enigmo and all his crap both here and elsewhere when you've expressed no such desire and yet keeps on saying it.
I know, right? Me bringing up Enigmo, which, I wasn't the one to bring him up, but whatever, is not me wanting to debate someone about him. That's a HUGE stretch in logic & I wasn't even talking to him at all about that. He took that insanely personally both times.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:01 pm

Scsigs wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:57 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:32 pm I mean i do get that HakkaiBills is not a native English speaker and thus his rather poor typing/grammar reflecting that, but not so much with thinking you want to carry on a debate with him about Enigmo and all his crap both here and elsewhere when you've expressed no such desire and yet keeps on saying it.
I know, right? Me bringing up Enigmo, which, I wasn't the one to bring him up, but whatever, is not me wanting to debate someone about him. That's a HUGE stretch in logic & I wasn't even talking to him at all about that. He took that insanely personally both times.
Yeah, your above reply didn't even mention him once at all and yet he still brought him up in the conversation even when you specifically told him already that you didn't want to.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:05 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:01 pm Yeah, your above reply several posts up didn't even mention him once at all and yet he still brought him up in the conversation even when you specifically told him already that you didn't want to.
:think: Suspicious... :lol:

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:09 pm

Scsigs wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:05 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:01 pm Yeah, your above reply several posts up didn't even mention him once at all and yet he still brought him up in the conversation even when you specifically told him already that you didn't want to.
:think: Suspicious... :lol:
Haha, i know right. I mean you had already told him but apparently he didn't get the message or something. :lol:

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:12 pm

one line about cc that have name of enigmo because it is his cc
one big post that have nothing about cc, just about enigmo
this is cc thread, i talk about cc and enigmo.

this is cc thread, you talk long time about enigmo and your argument with enigmo and if he visit kanzenshuu or read your essay.

i used to be your way and always complain about enigmo but then i stop caring about his troll and see he can do good cc so i talk about his cc. you need to be grown up and stop doing pointless discussion about enigmo when have nothing to do about cc...

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:14 pm

HakkaiBills93 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:12 pm one line about cc that have name of enigmo because it is his cc

this is cc thread, you talk long time about enigmo and your argument with enigmo and if he visit kanzenshuu or read your essay.

i used to be your way and always complain about enigmo but then i stop caring about his troll and see he can do good cc so i talk about his cc. you need to be grown up and stop doing pointless discussion about enigmo when have nothing to do about cc...
Umm??? Scsigs has already said he clearly does not want to discuss about Enigmo. See the previous conversation.

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:18 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:14 pm
HakkaiBills93 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:12 pm one line about cc that have name of enigmo because it is his cc

Umm??? Scsigs has already said he clearly does not want to discuss about Enigmo. See the previous conversation.
if he doesn't want to then he can stop replying...

and also my point is not what he wants to do. my point is what he DID do. he already made big post on CC thread that have nothing about CC, just about Enigmo. that is my point. it doesnt matter what he say he want to do. it do not change what he already DID do.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:26 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:14 pm Umm, Scsigs has already said he does want to discuss about Enigmo. See the previous conversation....
Does not. Typos, man.

And, to talk about what he said, I'm sorry, but Enigmo's ego is too huge for his own good. I could deal with the trolling if I felt like, otherwise, he was normal, but he's incredibly disrespectful to basically everyone to the point where I don't think I can actually care if he does an actual decent job at a "remaster." If you're an asshole, I couldn't care less about what you do. There's a reason he got banned from this forum & he digs his hole further in a lot of his videos when he blatantly disrespects the people who run this forum & the people who use it for no other reason than they either, in his words, doubt what he can do, or, from what I've observed, is his ability to either take criticism or discuss things in an insightful, thoughtful, or intelligent way. A disagreement of opinion is one thing, but when what should be a general discussion, & maybe a debate of opinions, turns to one person in said discussion or debate being an asshole for reasons, I think that's where you lose any credibility or respect you may have initially have had, sorry.

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:29 pm

Scsigs wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:26 pm And, to talk about what he said, I'm sorry, but Enigmo's ego is too huge for his own good. I could deal with the trolling if I felt like, otherwise, he was normal, but he's incredibly disrespectful to basically everyone to the point where I don't think I can actually care if he does an actual decent job at a "remaster." If you're an asshole, I couldn't care less about what you do. There's a reason he got banned from this forum & he digs his hole further in a lot of his videos when he blatantly disrespects the people who run this forum & the people who use it for no other reason than they either, in his words, doubt what he can do, or, from what I've observed, is his ability to either take criticism or discuss things in an insightful, thoughtful, or intelligent way. A disagreement of opinion is one thing, but when what should be a general discussion, & maybe a debate of opinions, turns to one person in said discussion or debate being an asshole for reasons, I think that's where you lose any credibility or respect you may have initially have had, sorry.
"Scsigs has already said he clearly does not want to discuss about Enigmo"

I dont care about what you say. nobody care about enigmo troll here. everyone ignore but you still post long message. this is CC thread...do you understand what CC thread mean? it mean you talk about CC

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:34 pm

I assume you must have been typing the response before i corrected the typo because i actually did. Anyway yeah, you've already said to him that you don't want to discuss him further.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:38 pm

HakkaiBills93 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:29 pm "Scsigs has already said he clearly does not want to discuss about Enigmo"

I dont care about what you say. nobody care about enigmo troll here. everyone ignore but you still post long message. this is CC thread...do you understand what CC thread mean? it mean you talk about CC
That was to put this to bed as a final word on that guy. If that wasn't clear, sorry.
If nobody cares, that's fine, but YOU certainly seemed to care & now it looks like you're backpedalling, since you adamantly kept bringing him up & seemed offended on his behalf. I just said something about him & you turned this into a conversation. I like seeing color correction discussions, so continue on. But you were seeming to be in a bad mood, so calm it down if you haven't already.
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:34 pm I assume you must have been typing the response before i corrected the typo because i actually did. Anyway yeah, you've already said to him that you don't want to discuss him further.
Yes, I did.

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:38 am

About everything you wrote and why Enigmo's work is often shown is only because it's decent, you can hate the guy, the work improved a lot, far beyond what i am able to do, it's not because i am an Enigmo lovers, i only and will allways make judgment about the work and not the man
Ajay make tweet about Enigmo remaster being good too:
https://twitter.com/AnimeAjay/status/12 ... 0163840000

Ajay follow closely Enigmo's work too... it's very funny cause when a lambda people like me talk about enigmo (that is the most active people trying to cc stuffs) everyone said it's enigmo (i agree that he was used to multi account but if you focus on the work itself, the account doesn't matter, everyone is free to "not answering") but if it's a V.I.P from kanzenshuu then no pb.
It's very funny how people here can be "sheep" and not really use their own taste to make judgment by themselves

How many times i have seen decent work called shit only because it's his work?

it's a color correction topic, if you want other name being mentionned then just show some, it's pretty sure that it's not the color matching tools useless without solid reference (where is the supposed supérior cc since that time)? that will be mentionned here