DBZ Orange Bricks being separated into parts

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: DBZ Orange Bricks being separated into parts

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:55 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:But why on earth would a casual viewer go out and buy the singles and censored when the uncut version is available (OBs), though the quality is mediocre.
I'm not sure if it was you, but somebody said that same thing not too long ago.

Again, there are UNCUT singles for everything after the Namek arc. Those are full-screen, and despite poor encoding, still manage to look far better than most of the season sets.

Even if they were visually worse overall, the fact that they aren't cropped alone makes them superior. It's just a damn shame that the Ultimate Uncuts didn't finish through the Namek arc because now that the Dragon Boxes are discontinued, the season sets are the only legal way to view those episodes uncut in English once again.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:48 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:...and for half a second I actually pondered buying those for the cover art alone. Are they those thin cases or just like 2 discs in a regular case or something?
As I said, I can tell that it's this type of packaging: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZpSSnaJnRU
Also I just remembered, I hope they do these for GT so I can replace one of my discs that came broken.

son veku
Banned

Post by son veku » Wed May 02, 2012 6:45 pm

Amazon now has OB's for 15$ every one, for season 1,2,and 9 thats a good deal
because:
season 1 has like 40 eps
season 2 has like 40 eps
season 9 has like 40 eps

38 cents a episode.

(almost worth buying)

Also WALMART has only season 1,and 2 packaged together now online.
They used to have:
DB 1 and 2 together
DB 3 and 4 together
DBZ 1 and 2 together
DBZ 3 and 4 together
DBZ 5 and 6 together
DBZ 7 and 8 together

Although I have seen 3 and 4 recently in store.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed May 02, 2012 10:53 pm

It kind of sucks that nobody acknowledged MarcFBR spot-on assessment. People are always so quick to vilify the actions of these companies, but it's their job to work out what the best way to sell these items is.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Thu May 10, 2012 11:28 pm

I just spotted these at my local Walmart, and, yeah, the crack team at the orange brick quality control is as stringent as ever. I wish I could have taken a picture of it. I picked up Season 1 Part 2. The little sidebar on the back proclaimed that it contained episodes 22-39. Three inches to the right, the blurb protested, "This set contains episodes 1-21." Good job... :lol:
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

son veku
Banned

Post by son veku » Thu May 10, 2012 11:31 pm

My post above is no longer valid.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Thu May 10, 2012 11:47 pm

After the canceled blu rays we get this....

I am seeing a pattern

Ultimate Uncut - 4:3 canceled during the vegeta saga
Orange Bricks - 16:9 washed out picture.....finished
Blu Ray's - 4:3 canceled during the vegeta saga
Orange Bricks (split season sets) - 16:9 washed out picture.....

I know the dragon boxes are in there but this is for non-limited edition sets. Does this mean we are close to a new Blu ray 4:3 release? :D

I also dont buy 16:9 for a whole new generation because there are newer cartoons being made for a 4:3 aspect ratio..

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat May 12, 2012 10:34 am

eledoremassis02 wrote:After the canceled blu rays we get this....

I am seeing a pattern

Ultimate Uncut - 4:3 canceled during the vegeta saga
Orange Bricks - 16:9 washed out picture.....finished
Blu Ray's - 4:3 canceled during the vegeta saga
Orange Bricks (split season sets) - 16:9 washed out picture.....

I know the dragon boxes are in there but this is for non-limited edition sets. Does this mean we are close to a new Blu ray 4:3 release? :D

I also dont buy 16:9 for a whole new generation because there are newer cartoons being made for a 4:3 aspect ratio..
Well, it's actually the Saiyan arc than "Vegeta saga" and concerning DBZ on BD? We're better waiting till TA makes that happen that FUNi since they've opted to cancel due to the costs.

It's spelled Blu-ray correctly, see here: Blu-ray Disc or BD for short.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat May 12, 2012 7:50 pm

Can you please stop mini-modding/correcting other members here, as well as insulting other communities with half of your posts? I hate to start getting rude about it, but it's getting painfully excessive.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat May 12, 2012 7:58 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Can you please stop mini-modding/correcting other members here, as well as insulting other communities with half of your posts? I hate to start getting rude about it, but it's getting painfully excessive.
Oh, sorry.

I didn't think I was being rude.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

son veku
Banned

Post by son veku » Sat May 12, 2012 9:22 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:Can you please stop mini-modding/correcting other members here, as well as insulting other communities with half of your posts? I hate to start getting rude about it, but it's getting painfully excessive.
Oh, sorry.

I didn't think I was being rude.

Umm.. well he didn't say you were being rude. (you still were but...)

It's weird the first part of your post you apologized, but the second part made it seem like you didn't. (offtopic)

To everyone else will the seperate part's ever be available online I really want that packaging, but my walmart doesn't have them?
Also is there 3 disk's can somone take a picture of the inside?

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Sat May 12, 2012 9:33 pm

son veku wrote:To everyone else will the seperate part's ever be available online I really want that packaging, but my walmart doesn't have them?
Also is there 3 disk's can somone take a picture of the inside?
Oh, sure dude.

Gotham22
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gotham22 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:44 pm

I like to know how Wal Mart is going to do this release since there are only nine covers/characters to choose from.

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:49 pm

Gotham22 wrote:I like to know how Wal Mart is going to do this release since there are only nine covers/characters to choose from.
I guess they're just going to have to get nine extra new covers.

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:05 am

So does anyone have any pictures of these sets? More specifically the inside?
Also can anyone confirm that Walmart even continued these sets after the first 2 releases?
One World. 🌐 🕊

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:54 pm

PhoenixEX wrote:So does anyone have any pictures of these sets? More specifically the inside?
Also can anyone confirm that Walmart even continued these sets after the first 2 releases?
They didn't and it seems that the OB part sets didn't do too hot because now i'm seeing those OB 2 packs again, also for some reason Walmart never seems to have a season 3/4 twin pack, they have twin packs for seasons 1&2, 5&6, and 7&8 but never have I seen one for seasons 3&4 WTF.
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:50 pm

PhoenixEX wrote:So does anyone have any pictures of these sets? More specifically the inside?
I believe they were canceled.

OutlawTorn
Regular

Post by OutlawTorn » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:51 pm

Pokewhiz7 wrote:Also I just remembered, I hope they do these for GT so I can replace one of my discs that came broken.
How did you get the package? Amazon, RightStuf, other and how long ago did you receive it? Any respectable business would replace a defective product free of charge. Unfortunately, there is a rather short window in which such an issue can be dealt with, as I believe Amazon has a 90 day return period.

I had received a broken disc in a DVD set I had ordered from SHOUT! Factory a few years ago and a replacement was promptly sent out after I contacted their customer service about it.