3.75" DragonBall action figures

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The S
I Live Here

3.75" DragonBall action figures

Post by The S » Sat May 19, 2012 10:26 am

For some time now, outside of special cases, I've collected 3.75"-ish (3.5-4") figures almost exclusively. I've been trying to bolster my collection/work on some customs, with some DragonBall figures, but I'm having trouble doing so.

Outside of the Evolution figures (of which I scored the entire set cheap), the only figures I can find in this range are the Ultimate Collection, which seem to be ridiculously expensive on the secondary market. Which makes this especially sad is the fact that I saw pretty much every figure in the set on clearance for like $5 a piece before I started collecting this scale.

Are there any other figures of this scale* that aren't going to utterly wreck my wallet?

*by which I mean something with some degree of articulation. I don't care if it's only a handful of points but static poses bore me.

EDIT: For clarification, I'm referring to figures in the scale of Marvel Universe, standard GI Joe and Star Wars, et cetera. I don't maths so well so I don't know the worldly equiv.
EDIT 2: Fine, Google'd the formula. It's 95.3 millimeters.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

waikru83

Re: 3.75" DragonBall action figures

Post by waikru83 » Tue May 22, 2012 12:17 pm

Try the Hybrid figure series by Bandai. They are roughly 4" and super articulated.

Mike
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: 3.75" DragonBall action figures

Post by Mike » Tue May 22, 2012 8:37 pm

The hybrid figures are definitely the best match. They're the same scale as the Ultimate Collection figures released by Bandai America. The Goku on the left is the Ultimate Collection one and the one on the right is the Hybrid Goku.