Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Mystery Jump Countdown: New DB Movie Confirmed!

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:54 pm

I just got home not too while ago since I lost power last night. So this info looks pretty awesome and I'm hype up for this movie for once! I wonder if the girl in that image might be Goten's first girl friend? I doubt it's Videl since she looks too young if you ask me. I guess the women in the background might be the main villain since it's nice to have a female main villain.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:08 pm

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:30 pm

Well this both poster and the AVGN movie trailer made my day. I'm hype up to see the trailer soon in the next month or two.
She/Her

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:47 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Well this both poster and the AVGN movie trailer made my day. I'm hype up to see the trailer soon in the next month or two.
Yeah I agree. I seen the trailer last night for the AVGN and it was awesome! I think I'm more pumped for this movie though :P
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Son Geeko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Geeko » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:55 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: wonder if the girl in that image might be Goten's first girl friend?
Goten is still a kid in this movie, and the girl obviously looks way too old for him, so no.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:56 pm

AnimeMaakuo wrote:
I can't wait for that beach scene! I'm so pumped!!
Ah, shit, this is how misinformation gets started on the Internet, isn't it? "Beach scene in new movie confirmed! Source: some random chick's dream. Also confirmed: limited edition Bulma figure wearing red thong bikini." I would both feel guilty and laugh my ass off if such rumors spread :lol:

Even weirder, I showed my husband the picture and he said something like it looks like they're fighting a giant purple rabbit on a beach. What? There's no sand there, only grass! My dream must have influenced him....

I'm so excited for this movie to come out. What I'm hoping right now is that production staffers from the movie make the rounds at some anime cons and bring the movie with them for screening. It's happened before (the Trigun movie was shown at Sakura Con 2010 several weeks before its Japanese release), so I can only hope Toei isn't super stingy and allows it to happen!
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

chaosakita
Not-So-Newbie

Post by chaosakita » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:58 pm

I don't care what Gohan looks like as long as he does something useful. I hate Dragon Ball movies always being a big Goku lovefest.

But I'm not digging Videl's new haircut. Who thought that was a good idea?

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 pm

Dorexx wrote:Whoever this rabbit/cat/Egyptian god is, it's obviously Pilaf who unleashed it.
Definitely. Him and his gang were probably snooping around in an Egyptian pyramid, unleashed an ancient god, who probably shrunk them as a curse or some shit. I bet that will be the opening scene.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Dorexx
Regular

Post by Dorexx » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:09 pm

I don't think they're actually gonna be small like that in the movie. It's probably just a poster thing for us to not notice them right away. After all, this is the first time they appear (in character) in DBZ and many probably didn't expect them. But maybe.
酷签名

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:13 pm

I think having Pilaf and friends shrunked down would work. Shenanigans would be abound!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:21 pm

If the person in the background really is a kaioshin or spell caster type thing maybe she could take away Gohan's mystic form at some point of the movie, and it would add to why he doesn't have it in GT O.o that would be sort of neat.

But I'm hoping the rabbit thing isn't the main fighter/villain and that he seems like the initial threat but the real thing is much worse. I haven't been looking too much into it b/c i want it to be a surprise but I saw the picture on the front page on Kanzenshuu so I had to comment xD

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:27 pm

I think he is Sphynx, not a rabbit. The movie is not even out a few more moths, we don't know how powerful he really is. He could be stronger then Kid Buu for we all know.
She/Her

Son_Gohan
Advanced Regular

Post by Son_Gohan » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:30 pm

Kaboom wrote:
Son_Gohan wrote:I'm gonna bet they don't bother giving any explanation for Gohan's power.
They'll overlook the consistency and simply do whatever they want with it, just as they always have in the films.
It seems a bit unlikely, what with how careful they were about it back in Movie 13.
They may not have made him SSJ in Movie 13, but they treated his post-ritual state as two separate entities, just as though it were a SSJ transformation. Originally it is shown to be configured as his normal state. They didn't make an effort to provide an explanation, which was precisely my point.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:35 pm

It's funny how people tend to see a rabbit! :)
I only saw an Egyptian deity from the likes of Anubis from the first second, the image of a rabbit didn't even come up in my mind and I still can't see it. (possibly because he's physically very different from the actual rabbit we've seen, To the Carrotransformer) 8)
The ears may be long, but not long enough to jump and say "oh, rabbit here!!!", especially with his facial features, body and clothes! 8)

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:47 pm

Kaboom wrote:It seems a bit unlikely, what with how careful they were about it back in Movie 13.
At the same time though, Movie 13 came out not longer after that part of the manga was released, so it was fairly fresh in the minds of the writers. It's now been what, nearly 20 years since that part of the manga was released? Much less fresh in their minds than the last time it was relevant.

With Toriyama's awful memory for DB related things, and Toei's inability to make sense with the depiction of characters' similar forms even when they're more recent, I'm predicting that Gohan's mystic power up will simply have been forgotten by the writers. I certainly hope it hasn't been, but I'm taking a more pessimistic road.

ultimateemail5000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ultimateemail5000 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:49 pm

Does anyone know who that character is standing behind Videl (if that is Videl?)

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:52 pm

Zephyr wrote:
Kaboom wrote:It seems a bit unlikely, what with how careful they were about it back in Movie 13.
At the same time though, Movie 13 came out not longer after that part of the manga was released, so it was fairly fresh in the minds of the writers. It's now been what, nearly 20 years since that part of the manga was released? Much less fresh in their minds than the last time it was relevant.

With Toriyama's awful memory for DB related things, and Toei's inability to make sense with the depiction of characters' similar forms even when they're more recent, I'm predicting that Gohan's mystic power up will simply have been forgotten by the writers. I certainly hope it hasn't been, but I'm taking a more pessimistic road.
Toei recently made that Ultimate Tenkaichi reanimated scene with the explanation and demonstration about Gohan's new powers, so let's hope it refreshed their memory! :wink:
Last edited by Cold Skin on Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:52 pm

ultimateemail5000 wrote:Does anyone know who that character is standing behind Videl (if that is Videl?)
I think that's Yamucha.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:54 pm

Oh man! I feel 12 again - the poster has really brought my fanaticism of Dragonball back to the fore! :D

If I wanted to be a fan-tard about it I'm still not particularly cool with Vegeta's costume being wrong in regard to the time-line (but heck, so are Goku's and Krillin's!).

It's also very curious that Gohan is shown in Super Saiyan form - but perhaps this is to bridge the gap somewhat between him not needing it at the end of Z and using it frequently during GT? I know that Toriyama regards GT as being a side-story, but it looks like this movie has been deliberately placed within a setting that wouldn't prevent GT's existence.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:57 pm

Insertclevername wrote:
ultimateemail5000 wrote:Does anyone know who that character is standing behind Videl (if that is Videl?)
I think that's Yamucha.
I'd say that reminded me of Mr. Satan how the black hair looks like.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray