Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:16 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:No offense to anyone, but if strength questions are actually what end up getting answered rather than world or character based stuff, I'm going to be severely disappointed. The chance to ask Toriyama any questions you want has soooo many more possibilities than who's stronger than who! :P That said though, I honestly can't think of a single one to send through myself, nothing that someone else wouldn't already think of anyway.
Seriously speaking, the questions will most likely be supervised so I doubt they will all be about "who is stronger than who" if any, really.
I personally could see world info be put in guide books. Having Toriyama end the internet debates would be awesome. But hey I'm an in-universe debater so my perspective is there. But if they are willing to edit the Super encyclopedia and answer the questions there instead of copy and pasting from D7, then I'm good.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:26 pm

Shouldn't this Toriyama Q&A thing have it's own thread? Most of the questions I can see aren't even about Battle of Gods.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:29 pm

It's here because I think it appeared on the site of the film (or a related one).
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:31 pm

It's meant to be an actual question. :P It should shouldn't it? :P

EDIT

Never mind, it's been done. :)

JeffJarrett
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by JeffJarrett » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:56 pm

I just remarked: God of Destruction = GoD

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:03 pm

deleted
Last edited by Fox666 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:03 pm

JeffJarrett wrote:I just remarked: God of Destruction = GoD
Never noticed that. That's pretty funny.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:07 pm

Probably a coincidence, since the title in Japanese is Hakaishin.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:09 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
I guess.

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:09 pm

I just though of a really weird/dark ending to this film. Basically Bills succeeds in defeating Goku's super saiyan God form, but this time he has enough power to destroy the Earth and does so, the screen fades to black and says "This spelt the end of the Z-senshi of the 7th universe...now let's go to the 8th" there you see the first part of GT where Goku and Uub are training inside the lookout whilst Pilaf and co are climbing the tower.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:10 pm

deleted
Last edited by Fox666 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:11 pm

The Monkey King wrote:I just though of a really weird/dark ending to this film. Basically Bills succeeds in defeating Goku's super saiyan God form, but this time he has enough power to destroy the Earth and does so, the screen fades to black and says "This spelt the end of the Z-senshi of the 7th universe...now let's go to the 8th" there you see the first part of GT where Goku and Uub are training inside the lookout whilst Pilaf and co are climbing the tower.
I hope not, that's not something I want to picture.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:12 pm

Fox666 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
I think they tought of the English names.
Even if that's the case, I doubt they made Bills the God of Destruction just to make a GoD.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:15 pm

The Monkey King wrote:I just though of a really weird/dark ending to this film. Basically Bills succeeds in defeating Goku's super saiyan God form, but this time he has enough power to destroy the Earth and does so, the screen fades to black and says "This spelt the end of the Z-senshi of the 7th universe...now let's go to the 8th" there you see the first part of GT where Goku and Uub are training inside the lookout whilst Pilaf and co are climbing the tower.
Nah, what about the last episodes of Z? The 28th Tournament?
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:17 pm

omegalucas wrote:
Nah, what about the last episodes of Z? The 28th Tournament?
Darn :lol:

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:17 pm

Because GT is what makes it a dark ending. :P

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:39 pm

I really need to be leaving for work, but before this thread gets completely derailed—

The link is for a TV show airing in Japan to promote the upcoming movie. They will be showing, among other things, their Q&A with Akira Toriyama (though I doubt he'll be on camera; more likely, they'll just show/read his answers).

They are not taking questions.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:40 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:I really need to be leaving for work, but before this thread gets completely derailed—

The link is for a TV show airing in Japan to promote the upcoming movie. They will be showing, among other things, their Q&A with Akira Toriyama (though I doubt he'll be on camera; more likely, they'll just show/read his answers).

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:40 pm

saiyajedi, has Kei sent you the storyline to "translate" yet?
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:44 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:I really need to be leaving for work, but before this thread gets completely derailed—

Oh darn! Oh well, guess we should've waited for confirmation before getting excited then. :|
Thanks Julian. :)