Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Nex Carnifex » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:15 pm

I just hope if theres more story continuing from this ssg gets an upgrade visually along with power wise, maybe looking like the awesome ss4 with red hair and such like the picture i posted.

Silkman3003
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Silkman3003 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:19 pm

I'd have preferred Vegito or Gogeta being brought back as SSJ2 or SSJ3. Or even attaining a God form themself. . Would have been a hell of a lot better , in my opinion of course, to use either of them. Instead of Super Saiyan "God" Goku.

Atleast I'll continue to look forward to the day that either fusion is brought back and actually gets a good fight. But thats my view and I'm sticking to it.

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:27 pm

Silkman3003 wrote:Atleast I'll continue to look forward to the day that either fusion is brought back and actually gets a good fight. But thats my view and I'm sticking to it.
Indeed. Just because they are basically high-end characters doesn't mean they shouldn't get a good animated fight. I would have liked that more, too.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:32 pm

Yeah if the Z Fighters were smart they would give the SSJ God powerup to Goku and then have him fuse with Vegeta for awesome SSJ God Vegito.

They can just enter Mr. Buu's body to revert the fusion.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:44 pm

It's funny to me that people bash SSJ God but continue to love Mystic Gohan despite the fact he didn't really change at all :lol: . SSJ God is definitely growing on me and I feel that since this form is more of a state of being as opposed to an actual transformation, it's an appropriate design.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:47 pm

New interview, not sure if it's been posted.

http://news.nicovideo.jp/watch/nw550196
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:08 pm

And so the great shitstorm of 2013 is refueled.

I was expecting something different, like a completely different look, but I do like it, it grows on you. I would still like to see it from a better angle, though

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:09 pm

Avenged wrote:New interview, not sure if it's been posted.

http://news.nicovideo.jp/watch/nw550196
Yeah, I think I posted that a while back. Didn't want to send it to Julian though, I already sent him another 2-page interview. :lol:

Oh, speaking of which:
http://dogatch.jp/news/cx/15229

Saitou Hajime
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saitou Hajime » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:20 pm

Bussani wrote:
ABED wrote:So, Super Saiyan God Goku is just Goku with red hair?
To be fair, isn't Ultimate Gohan mostly just Gohan with different eyes and a slight hair adjustment?
Yeah, but then again Ultimate is not a transformation. Super Saiyan forms being as such have a greater expectation for cooler looks.

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:47 pm

Saitou Hajime wrote:
Bussani wrote:
ABED wrote:So, Super Saiyan God Goku is just Goku with red hair?
To be fair, isn't Ultimate Gohan mostly just Gohan with different eyes and a slight hair adjustment?
Yeah, but then again Ultimate is not a transformation. Super Saiyan forms being as such have a greater expectation for cooler looks.
But "Super Saiyan God" isn't really much of a transformation so much as a (semi-temporary) power-up. They call it "Super Saiyan" God out of convenience, much like Super Saiyan 4.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:58 pm

CaBrPi wrote:But "Super Saiyan God" isn't really much of a transformation so much as a (semi-temporary) power-up. They call it "Super Saiyan" God out of convenience, much like Super Saiyan 4.
Exactly. Ssj God is a state of being not so much a transformation. Ssj God seems more like a power up of a Godly status which is why it's called Super Saiyajin God. It's super and it's Godly.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:12 pm

Super Saiyan God actually reminds me a lot of what Super Saiyan was originally made out to be- a "perfect" state of being, a sort of Saiyan form of enlightenment. Sun Wukong eventually gained Buddhahood at the end of Journey to the West, so Goku reaching a comparable state is only fitting.

Which makes the fact that it ultimately fails all the more Toriyama-esque.

DBZ Mick
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Mick » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:18 pm

I like Super Saiyan God, I thought it wouldn't be anything extreme and the pinkish, raspberry red is nice.

And wow, I'm liking the animation in that fight vid on Youtube. Very beautiful and smooth flowing animation.
It is in his character to be rude and a bit crass. He's a hick, with no formal education. That is Son Goku. That is who he is.

Superman in an orange Gi was the bastard son of FUNimation. Its not The real character, it is as false as Chatku.

-DemonRin

Draken
Banned

Post by Draken » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:22 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
That was awesome. Though how does Bils knock out Piccolo with chop sticks. Bullets are more dense and are made of a harder metal and would bounce off him. The chopsticks would break since its wood. But I don't care too much, it was still awesome to see the scene.
Same way Trunks killed Frieza with a sword I suppose. Used ki to amp it up.

MDSTSSJ
Regular

Post by MDSTSSJ » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:49 pm

Awesome!!! Birusu is extremely powerful!

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:52 pm

Well, people cosplaying as a Super Saiyan God will look more unusual than people cosplaying as Super Saiyans (which would just be having blond hair and green eyes, at least people will seem more transformed with raspberry hair and red eyes).

Hum, speaking of which, what would be the plural to Super Saiyan God (I wanted to use it in the sentence above and didn't know how):
"Super Saiyan Gods" as in Gods that are in Super Saiyan mode ?
Or "Super Saiyans God" as in the notion "God" directly replacing the number or like a shortened version of "Super Saiyans, God mode"?

Do you have an idea of what would be the likely English plural form?

Draken
Banned

Post by Draken » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:57 pm

Wait sorry this is so randomly off topic from the current discussion but where's the source for the official budget for this film again? I'm chatting with a friend and I remember it saying somewhere this is the most expensive anime movie produced in Japan but I can't dig up the proof.

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:00 pm

Cold Skin wrote:Well, people cosplaying as a Super Saiyan God will look more unusual than people cosplaying as Super Saiyans (which would just be having blond hair and green eyes, at least people will seem more transformed with raspberry hair and red eyes).

Hum, speaking of which, what would be the plural to Super Saiyan God (I wanted to use it in the sentence above and didn't know how):
"Super Saiyan Gods" as in Gods that are in Super Saiyan mode ?
Or "Super Saiyans God" as in the notion "God" directly replacing the number or like a shortened version of "Super Saiyans, God mode"?

Do you have an idea of what would be the likely English plural form?
Likely Super Saiyan Gods, but I don't think it'll ever be an issue.

I wonder if Gohan could utilize the power-up...

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:07 pm

Re: BOG budget

No way they spent more on BOG than they did Strong World or OPZ. I mean, anything's possible, but I was under the impression that the budget for this film sat squarely in-between what they spend on Precure movies and what they spend on One Piece movies.

Also, after having drawn (but not yet posted) some ssjg Goku art after having seen the newest screenshots I can say I definitely like the power-up more now.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Draken
Banned

Post by Draken » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:11 pm

Chuquita wrote:Re: BOG budget

No way they spent more on BOG than they did Strong World or OPZ. I mean, anything's possible, but I was under the impression that the budget for this film sat squarely in-between what they spend on Precure movies and what they spend on One Piece movies.

Also, after having drawn (but not yet posted) some ssjg Goku art after having seen the newest screenshots I can say I definitely like the power-up more now.
Oh I coulda swore that I read somewhere on this thread several dozen pages back (LOL) that the film had like 3 bill yen budget or something.