Picture Suggestions / Requests?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:52 pm

Mr. Announcer wrote:Hey lost in thought, I actually like the style of that quite a bit. You seem to mave a pretty good idea of proportions and expressions, it just seems like the lineart's slightly awkward. But that goes away easily after a while.
Well, seeing as that it is only my 5th redraw, I do believe such awkwardness can be eliminated as time goes by.
Mr. Announcer wrote:Thread hijacking? yay. http://www.deviantart.com/view/29442941/ I should totally try to develop my own style or something...
That's a great picture.

To go into a little more detail about the work, the reason I do redraw my pictures is because my rough (pencil and paper) sketches are usually quite busy looking, so I like trying to make my pictures look crisp and clean.

Here are the rough and pre-final versions of the picture I showed earlier:
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/3005/15gk.png
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/2729/48ob.png

You may be able to see the contrast between the two (likely), and my point of view on 'busy'. Now as you may be able to see, I don't sketch a shape for the head normally, like some. Instead I draw the chin first and build from there the rest of the features.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:57 am

t-bone135 wrote:
Leotaku wrote:I think you should draw the ears bigger though. Ear height roughly usually goes from the eyebrow down to the nostrils. I'm not sure if Toriyama has that too.
Pretty much everyone except Krillin as far as I remember. :D
:lol:

lost in thought: No problem, I'm happy I could help. I haven't given advice for ages.
If you come up with more stuff, feel free to share it in here. :D

It's natural for sketches to be busy, unrefined, with imprecise lines, etc.
I always have to draw my picture over, after the sketch, to get a clean, polished look. Almost everyone does, it's normal. :)

Mr. Announcer: Ha, ironically, I just came from deviantART, and had faved that picture of yours after seeing it in someone else's favourites.
That's hilarious stuff. :lol:

About requests, I'm pretty burned out on them. As for more DragonBall, I've already done 51 of these rough pictures since last September. Kinda tired of them.

And I'm not in school right now, and school is usually the only time I do requests.

Chaos Saiyajin: It's Thursday. Do you know where your children are?

I mean...have you been by there today? :lol:
Anyway, as far as these DragonBall pictures go, there's nothing at my site that everyone hasn't already seen here. There's some older stuff from before I started my rough style though.

And, I'll look forward to your picture. :)

SSj Kaboom: I dunno, man. Don't hold your breath. :oops:
...Actually, you know what, hold your breath. Then you'll eventually pass out and won't be able to request anything from me. :P

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:37 am

Leotaku wrote: SSj Kaboom: I dunno, man. Don't hold your breath. :oops:
...Actually, you know what, hold your breath. Then you'll eventually pass out and won't be able to request anything from me. :P
I'm kidding. I'm not that evil. Besides, if this thread is really open to hijacking now, I might just put up some of my own stuff.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:40 pm

Leotaku wrote:
t-bone135 wrote:
Leotaku wrote:I think you should draw the ears bigger though. Ear height roughly usually goes from the eyebrow down to the nostrils. I'm not sure if Toriyama has that too.
Pretty much everyone except Krillin as far as I remember. :D
:lol:

lost in thought: No problem, I'm happy I could help. I haven't given advice for ages.
If you come up with more stuff, feel free to share it in here. :D

It's natural for sketches to be busy, unrefined, with imprecise lines, etc.
I always have to draw my picture over, after the sketch, to get a clean, polished look. Almost everyone does, it's normal. :)

Mr. Announcer: Ha, ironically, I just came from deviantART, and had faved that picture of yours after seeing it in someone else's favourites.
That's hilarious stuff. :lol:

About requests, I'm pretty burned out on them. As for more DragonBall, I've already done 51 of these rough pictures since last September. Kinda tired of them.

And I'm not in school right now, and school is usually the only time I do requests.

Chaos Saiyajin: It's Thursday. Do you know where your children are?

Anyway, as far as these DragonBall pictures go, there's nothing at my site that everyone hasn't already seen here. There's some older stuff from before I started my rough style though.

SSj Kaboom: I dunno, man. Don't hold your breath. :oops:
:shock: *just returns from Leo's site* :P Great job, Leo. :wink: I'm giving my friend the url tommorow, and I'm betting he'll go look at some of your stuff two, so...
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:59 pm

Chaos Saiyajin wrote:
Leotaku wrote:Chaos Saiyajin: It's Thursday. Do you know where your children are?

:shock: *just returns from Leo's site* :P Great job, Leo. :wink: I'm giving my friend the url tommorow, and I'm betting he'll go look at some of your stuff two, so...
Sooooo, which picture/where is new, anyway?
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:55 pm

Xyex wrote:
Chaos Saiyajin wrote:
Leotaku wrote:Chaos Saiyajin: It's Thursday. Do you know where your children are?

:P Super heroes.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:57 pm

Chaos Saiyajin wrote:
Xyex wrote:
Chaos Saiyajin wrote: :shock: *just returns from Leo's site* :P Great job, Leo. :wink: I'm giving my friend the url tommorow, and I'm betting he'll go look at some of your stuff two, so...
:P Super heroes.
I shall look... once I'm alone!
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

M-Vegeta
Beyond Newbie

Post by M-Vegeta » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:53 am

Pretty nice.

Kind of reminds me of an comic artist name Jae Lee

http://www.comicartcommunity.com/galler ... hulk82.jpg

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:30 am

SSj Kaboom: No need to hijack it when it was always open for sharing. :lol:

Chaos Saiyajin: Arg. It's a shame my adult site gets more attention than my general site. The adult site was started to get my stuff out there more and draw people in to the general site. It HAS helped, quite a bit, but ultimately, has stolen the thunder from the general site. :roll:
Anyway, thanks. :P

Xyex: The updates are always listed on the index, right next to the section. As for which individual pictures are new, the thumbnail border is blue as opposed to white, so that you can identify it right away. But, it only shows up in Internet Explorer. Ironically, I use Firefox, where it doesn't show up. :?
Thanks for visiting. :)

M-Vegeta: Were you referring to mine, or someone else's?
Either way though, yeah, actually, the blood on "Through" (Goku shooting through Piccolo Daimao) and "In Their Blood" (Raditz VS Tullece) was inspired by Jae Lee. :wink:
Thanks.

I'm working on something funny to show. Chaos Saiyajin might know what I'm talking about. It'll be up soon, and hope to see other people share some of their stuff. 8)

Oh yeah, I forgot, does anyone know a way I could spread my DBZ stuff out there more, and gain some more interest? Like, any other well-known forums or sites to post them at?

I'm also open for link exchanges, but since my site isn't Dragonball-related, there's probably no one here that my site would be suitable for.

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:14 pm

Can't recommend anything at the moment.
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

unstable_person99
Beyond Newbie

Post by unstable_person99 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:13 pm

http://anime.myfavoritegames.com/forum/index.php

You could join the MFG Forums, they have a "Media Gallery" there where you can show off your fan art.
[url=http://photobucket.com/albums/f169/unstable_person99/Avatars/?sc=1&multi=13&addtype=local&media=image&test=test]Avatars[/url]

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:50 pm

Leotaku wrote:SSj Kaboom: No need to hijack it when it was always open for sharing. :lol:

Chaos Saiyajin: Arg. It's a shame my adult site gets more attention than my general site. The adult site was started to get my stuff out there more and draw people in to the general site. It HAS helped, quite a bit, but ultimately, has stolen the thunder from the general site. :roll:
Anyway, thanks. :P

Xyex: The updates are always listed on the index, right next to the section. As for which individual pictures are new, the thumbnail border is blue as opposed to white, so that you can identify it right away. But, it only shows up in Internet Explorer. Ironically, I use Firefox, where it doesn't show up. :?
Thanks for visiting. :)

M-Vegeta: Were you referring to mine, or someone else's?
Either way though, yeah, actually, the blood on "Through" (Goku shooting through Piccolo Daimao) and "In Their Blood" (Raditz VS Tullece) was inspired by Jae Lee. :wink:
Thanks.

I'm working on something funny to show. Chaos Saiyajin might know what I'm talking about. It'll be up soon, and hope to see other people share some of their stuff. 8)

Oh yeah, I forgot, does anyone know a way I could spread my DBZ stuff out there more, and gain some more interest? Like, any other well-known forums or sites to post them at?

I'm also open for link exchanges, but since my site isn't Dragonball-related, there's probably no one here that my site would be suitable for.
:lol: Yes...I will say nothing, my friend.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:25 am

Dominator: Well, thanks anyway. :)

unstable_person99: Ah, thanks for the suggestion. :P

Chaos Saiyajin: Cool. Thanks for not spoiling it. :wink:
Here it is!

Where's Waldo?
http://www.deviantart.com/view/29840948/

The first time in ages that I've posted something at deviantART before Daizex. :lol:

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:46 am

Leotaku wrote:Dominator: Well, thanks anyway. :)

unstable_person99: Ah, thanks for the suggestion. :P

Chaos Saiyajin: Cool. Thanks for not spoiling it. :wink:
Here it is!

Where's Waldo?

The first time in ages that I've posted something at deviantART before Daizex. :lol:
:lol: XD! That's fucking awesome, man. :lol: :wink:

unstable_person99
Beyond Newbie

Post by unstable_person99 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:47 am

Hahahahaha!!! That's hilarious! :lol:
[url=http://photobucket.com/albums/f169/unstable_person99/Avatars/?sc=1&multi=13&addtype=local&media=image&test=test]Avatars[/url]

t-bone135
Beyond Newbie
Location: Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement of the house half a block down. . .

Post by t-bone135 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:32 pm

Leotaku wrote:Where's Waldo?
That was amazing. :lol:

Vegeta: "Woman, the gravity machine's busted again. Fix it!"
Bulma: "Busy. Tell you what, read this for fun."
Vegeta: "What? . . . Fine, but be quick about it."

. . .

Vegeta: "Brat, get over here, now."
Trunks: "Y- Yes, father?"
Vegeta: "I need your help. I can't find him anywhere."
Trunks: "Who? Find who?"
Vegeta: "Waldo! @_@"
Trunks: "Dr. Wheelo!? Where!?"
Vegeta: "No you fool!" (que Leotaku's picture.)

. . .

Bulma: "I fixed it Vegeta. Vegeta?"
Vegeta: "@_@"
Trunks: "@_@"
Best. Slip 'n' slide. EVER!

Come read my fan-fiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/~tbone135

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:18 am

Heh, thanks, Chaos Saiyajin, unstable_person99, and t-bone135. Glad so many people have gotten a kick outta this picture. :P

And t-bone, haha, great expansion on the concept! :lol:

I may be opening up requests again soon, so be sure to keep an eye out.
And I hope to see some more people share their stuff in here.

t-bone135
Beyond Newbie
Location: Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement of the house half a block down. . .

Post by t-bone135 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:54 pm

Thanks Leotaku. Yeah, I couldn't help myself. It was inspirational that picture.

Anyway, I look forward to more requests. :D
Best. Slip 'n' slide. EVER!

Come read my fan-fiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/~tbone135

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:02 pm

:D Sweet! I can't wait until you start taking requests again! :P I've got an idea... :wink:

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:46 pm

Leotaku wrote: SSj Kaboom: No need to hijack it when it was always open for sharing. :lol:
Kewl. I'll put a thing or two up within a couple days. Everyone start mentally and emotionally preparing yourselves.
Leotaku wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot, does anyone know a way I could spread my DBZ stuff out there more, and gain some more interest? Like, any other well-known forums or sites to post them at?
Erm... "theotaku.com" is where I put my stuff up.

DragonBall is immensely popular on there (Ranked #2), which means, unfortunately, that just about any 11-year-old with a knack for tracing can and has put DragonBall crap up. But there are plenty of more serious Db Fans/Artists (yours truly included) who have put up some seriously good stuff. With your certain "eye-catching" style, I'm sure your works would be instant hits if you joined and posted. If mine have, yours definitely will be.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!