DBGT Ending #2

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

DBGT Ending #2

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sun May 05, 2013 7:55 pm

Hello, fellow members. It's one of these days that will occasionally leave me wondering about things. As regarding to the title above, I was looking for a validity to the song, Don't You See, in English version. My question is, is there a full version of this song? I ask because I have seen 5-minute worth of the song around the internet. Is there any truth to it or is it just an extension made by someone else? Thanks!
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Re: DBGT Ending #2

Post by Fizzer » Sun May 05, 2013 8:06 pm

I'm pretty sure I have a full version of the song, but not in English.

Ryu-Ken Bakuhatsu
Beyond Newbie

Re: DBGT Ending #2

Post by Ryu-Ken Bakuhatsu » Sun May 05, 2013 8:36 pm

No actual full-length English version exists. I doubt FUNimation could have easily got the rights to create one, it'd mean
dealing with parties outside of Toei. Plus, with most of the songs the TV-edit and the actual songs are quite different, Don't you see! in particular. At the end of the day it would have been a pointless venture from a business standpoint. This goes for any of the Dragon Ball songs, expect for maybe DAN DAN 心魅かれてく and Dragon Soul which did feature a full-length, and semi-full length versions in the finale of their respective shows.

I seem to recall someone on YouTube called PirateBeck [possibly?] who was the one to originally start ripping the vocals from all of the FUNimation versions of the GT songs, around the time the "Season" sets came out. What happened was that they ripped the vocal track and then combined it with the original Japanese karaoke version, creating a vague idea of what a "full version" would sound like (though missing out on the majority of the lyrics).

There's currently some guy (presumably a guy) called castleking001 who has various full-length edits of many Dragon Ball songs available on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/castleking001?feature=watch