FUNimation DBGT Season 1 DVD Problem

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gonstead
I Live Here

FUNimation DBGT Season 1 DVD Problem

Post by Gonstead » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:07 am

On Season 1 of my GT remastered set, the dub with 5.1 soundtrack has this weird effect where sometimes every few minutes, everything the characters are saying sound really warped, almost like a technical glitch of sorts. This problem is not heard on the dub with 2.0 music nor the original Japanese audio.

At first I thought it was VLC player messing up the first time I watched GT again in a while but recently I watched a few episodes of GT on my PS3 and the effect is still there, confirming that it is a problem with the disk and not what I used to watch it with.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Re: Does anyone else have this problem?

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:50 pm

I'm sorry, I don't think anyone can help you since no one watches DBGT.

OK, I'm just being an ass. I went and checked my DVD's (on VLC also) and mine doesn't seem to have this problem. Does this problem happen at the same points every time? If so it might be the disc. If it just happens randomly every few minutes then it's probably something else.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:32 pm

It's on every single disk that this problem occurs. It happens at every single point I've heard it happen on the exact same clips.

Here's a clip with an example where it's normal, warps, turns normal and warps again - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvCkrI36hVc
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:49 pm

Oddd gonna check it now

What disc/episode is this?

DBZ Mick
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Mick » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:03 pm

YES, I've noticed it frequently. But when I watched that episode (ep #25, I believe) it was really bad. I was planning on watching the dub with Japanese music...I was thinking maybe it's something with Madman.

There's also a bug where you can only play disc 4 of Season Two in Japanese by playing the episode otherwise setting it to Japanese in the menu will freeze the disc. At least on mine.
It is in his character to be rude and a bit crass. He's a hick, with no formal education. That is Son Goku. That is who he is.

Superman in an orange Gi was the bastard son of FUNimation. Its not The real character, it is as false as Chatku.

-DemonRin

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:58 pm

No problem here...it's the U.S release though. Which dub is on your dvd?

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:37 am

eledoremassis02 wrote:No problem here...it's the U.S release though. Which dub is on your dvd?
It's the exact same as the U.S GT Season releases.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:14 am

Gonstead wrote:
eledoremassis02 wrote:No problem here...it's the U.S release though. Which dub is on your dvd?
It's the exact same as the U.S GT Season releases.
hmmm there must have been a problem when the disc was pressed or encoded ><

Commander_Red
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Commander_Red » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:12 am

I know the Madman sets have this problem. I brought it up on their forums when I noticed it after it was released and got a few other "me too" replies.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:30 am

I guess it's not much of an issue since I primarily watch GT dub + Menza score since Tokunaga's score is the worst I've ever heard in a Dragon Ball product.

Let's hope for a GT Dragon Box release and that Madman fixes this problem if they decided to license it.