What would you want Super Saiyan God 2 to be/look like?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Re: What would want you Super Saiyan God 2 to be/look like?

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:06 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
UpFromTheSkies wrote:SSJ4 was supposed to be the power of the great ape/oozaru form under control, it should have looked closer to Oozaru, but without the weird additions that make no sense, like new clothes appearing, different colored hair, and eyeliner.
So you wanted Goku to fight Naked?
Naked and covered with fur. It doesn't make sense for new clothes and eyeliner to randomly appear. And the fur should be yellow, because SSJ4 transforms from SSJ Oozaru.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:14 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
UpFromTheSkies wrote:SSJ4 was supposed to be the power of the great ape/oozaru form under control, it should have looked closer to Oozaru, but without the weird additions that make no sense, like new clothes appearing, different colored hair, and eyeliner.
So you wanted Goku to fight Naked?
Naked and covered with fur. It doesn't make sense for new clothes and eyeliner to randomly appear. And the fur should be yellow, because SSJ4 transforms from SSJ Oozaru.
That sounds....UGLY. I mean very ugly. I know it's an opinion but what's so good about a yellow SSj4. No matter how much sense it'll make. It's just so ugly.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:20 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
That sounds....UGLY. I mean very ugly. I know it's an opinion but what's so good about a yellow SSj4. No matter how much sense it'll make. It's just so ugly.
So I guess you don't like SSJ Oozaru?

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:27 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
So I guess you don't like SSJ Oozaru?
I KINDA do. It looks nice. But seeing as SSj4 is adult sized not Ape sized. I'll pass on the whole Yellow SS4.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:31 pm

Hmmm think ssj god is a new level of ki, not a new transformation a new godly ki power where you can adapt your own ssj level too that makes way for new challenges.Anyway a new transformatoin should be simple but intense not like those fan pics.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:22 pm

It doesn't really matter specifically what it counts as, it will always be considered another form.

As I said it doesn't have to be a SSJ God 2 specifically, I'm just saying if in the next movie it was said Goku was gonna have a new form, what would you want it to be. It could be completely separate from the God form.

It could be Super Saiyan angel where he sprouts gold wings. Anything.

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:36 am

I don't think I even want a new form of transformation to occur, I mean a new movie doesn't automatically mean a new level of power has to be introduced, but it seems that way, instead of focusing on a storyline that can make watching it interesting without the need for a new mode of transformation that. Soon Goku will get so powerful he'll reach a form that is so fantastically powerful that the aura is brighter than the sun and Goku becomes invisible behind the blinding aura. Therefore we won't get the opportunity to see what this new form looks like.

If another movie is released I'd rather it was filled with revelations of how this or that happened, things like how Kaio's planet was so small and even events such as birthday's, Toriyama would definitely have to be involved, he has a very good way of explaining how things logically work in the DB universe, and I'm sure his input would be appreciated. Although a movie about just that wouldn't go down too well, it would need some enemies and battling or it wouldn't really be what DB is all about. BoGs was really this in a nutshell, but there wasn't many revelations or defining moments, but nevertheless, I really enjoyed it.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:46 am

I'd rather they not have a new form if they did another movie and rather Goku learn to harness and learn more about the God form.

However there's no denying that the reason battle of Gods got most of the interest that it did was because of two things.

1. Toriyama was involved making the movie canon
2. Goku had a new form.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did the same for another movie. Though preferably they'd just have Vegeta become it instead.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:15 am

Long, flowing rainbow hair, sparkles, a giant golden-tipped ahoge, and high-socks zettai ryouiki with princess moonbeams lifting magical fluffy unicorns midair in a giant love circle around the mighty warrior.

"Am I maximum power, uguu?" Goku would squeak, covering a ":3" face with an undetailed gloved hand.

So moé I'm gonna go to the next dimension~nya.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:50 am

i think super saiyan god should be the final stage.
i still dont know if i like the idea of vegeta becoming ssj god in the future or not. It will be cool if it was just him and this form was just possible for full-blooded saiyans.
Even though gohan is my favourtie character, he and the kids become one too just seems wrong.

In other hand, i think it should be just one god to represent his race.

But supposing vegeta became a super saiyan god, would you like him too look like goku or have blue hair and blue aura instead?
i saw these fanart that made me ask this one

A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:13 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:i think super saiyan god should be the final stage.
i still dont know if i like the idea of vegeta becoming ssj god in the future or not. It will be cool if it was just him and this form was just possible for full-blooded saiyans.
Even though gohan is my favourtie character, he and the kids become one too just seems wrong.

In other hand, i think it should be just one god to represent his race.

But supposing vegeta became a super saiyan god, would you like him too look like goku or have blue hair and blue aura instead?
i saw these fanart that made me ask this one
This came into question a few times already. Most people already said keep Vegeta red so it won't be a rainbow or a power ranger type of thing. SSG isn't the final stage as it's not even a SSJ transformation. SSG has SSJ in it's name so advertising and to sound Iconic. SSJ3(SSj4 if you count GT) is the final stage.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:19 pm

I don't know why so many people here are so against additional forms. The casual and a lot of hardcore fans eat that up especially with this series.

Of course I don't think there should be too many of them or it lessens the rest but if they did several more movies I'd want something new for sure. The next movie should stick with the God form but then after that I'd like something new again.

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:26 pm

penguintruth wrote:Long, flowing rainbow hair, sparkles, a giant golden-tipped ahoge, and high-socks zettai ryouiki with princess moonbeams lifting magical fluffy unicorns midair in a giant love circle around the mighty warrior.

"Am I maximum power, uguu?" Goku would squeak, covering a ":3" face with an undetailed gloved hand.

Oh god, as soon as I saw your reply I knew what was coming, I'm trying hard to hold back my laughter for the sake of my sleeping girlfriend.

But seriously, I doubt there'd be a SSJG 2, and if there was one it'd probably look equally as lazy as the first form, which is probably preferable to some of the fanart that went around for it.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:29 pm

It'll be used temporarly only to be shoved to the side for Super Saiyan God 3 and then later Super Saiyan God 4 which is all gold. In all seriousness though, don't know if they'd have Super Saiyan God 2 be a thing based on how Super Saiyan God was made. Although it was basically retconned in, I could see Super Saiyan God as a catalyst for Super Saiyan 4, with the reddish color in both and the ridiculous unmeasurable power of Super Saiyan 4. Although that wouldn't be consistent with the guide book statements and against Baby and Yi Xing Long when they lend Goku power tbere were only 4 Saiyans + Goku both times.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:27 am

I want it to look like nothing because I don't want it to exist :thumbup: .
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:54 am

penguintruth wrote:Long, flowing rainbow hair, sparkles, a giant golden-tipped ahoge, and high-socks zettai ryouiki with princess moonbeams lifting magical fluffy unicorns midair in a giant love circle around the mighty warrior.

I can't promise most of that stuff but there is indeed a fanfic with "Long, flowing rainbow hair" XD.

Super Saiyan 1 Billion.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:06 am

There are so, so many bad fan designs of SSJ forms out there. I have seen ones with rainbow hair, multiple tails, horns, wings, all white and/or black skin. Here are some examples.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:28 pm

People's designs of further transformations are usually overly exaggerated. They go over the top with the hair and overall design as if they're trying hard to make it look even more powerful and they end up looking ridiculous.

I had mixed feeling on the God form at first because it looked more simpler than I expected but now I think it's a good thing because of it.