Other Possible Gods of Destruction

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Friezacooler
Regular

Re: Other Possible Gods of Destruction

Post by Friezacooler » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:26 pm

Omega Shenron is the first one to claim himself the God of Destruction, and Gotenks is the Death god of Justice, and Dende is God.

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:33 pm

I this Whis must be one of the other ones, I think they would look like various other egyption gods

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:48 pm

Whis is not a god of destruction, there should be a canon movie of Goku meeting Grand kai for training before kicking some major ass in the next series, Toribot would own the other 12 gods unless Grand kai and Goku fusion 8) .

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:59 pm

Friezacooler wrote:Whis is not a god of destruction, there should be a canon movie of Goku meeting Grand kai for training before kicking some major ass in the next series, Toribot would own the other 12 gods unless Grand kai and Goku fusion 8) .
what is he then, god of beerus?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:17 pm

More Egyptian-esque Destruction Gods would be neat. I'm not sure you can do eleven other Egyptian-themes, but throw in a Taweret and we'd have something interesting. Actually, Taweret is the closest Egyptian-esque lizard I can think of. Perhaps a Taweret-esque Destruction God could begin infecting races across the universe and upsetting the balance?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:27 pm

JulieYBM wrote:More Egyptian-esque Destruction Gods would be neat. I'm not sure you can do eleven other Egyptian-themes, but throw in a Taweret and we'd have something interesting. Actually, Taweret is the closest Egyptian-esque lizard I can think of. Perhaps a Taweret-esque Destruction God could begin infecting races across the universe and upsetting the balance?
Well animal wise theres a bunch of stuff to work with.

Crocidiles, Falcons, Jackals, Snakes, Camels, and more.

Can you imagine a Hakaishin modeled after a camel? 5 bucks says it stores Ki in its hump.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Other Possible Hakaishin.

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:03 pm

Why Egyptian-themes gods? There's gods of Greek, Mayan, Roman and Norse mythology too.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:24 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Why Egyptian-themes gods? There's gods of Greek, Mayan, Roman and Norse mythology too.
You sir, have won me over. I now want to see a pair of DB villains that are based off the goats that pull Odin's chariot.

You got this Kental?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:31 pm

The Kais and Supreme Kais seem to be based on the deities who watch over the cardinal directions in hindu scriptures (guardians of the directions) and Buddhist faith (Four Heavenly Kings).

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:35 pm

I think the Toriyama-Robot should be one of the Gods of Destruction- he almost completely destroyed Watanabe's originaly script. :lol:

But then he recreated it into something better, so maybe he suits the role of 'God of Creation' more. :P

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:48 pm

Ancient Greek based character has already been done with Olibu who looks like android 16, prefer them to be more Asian/Mayan based mythical creatures cause that is what dragonball majorly is based off.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:57 pm

There's also gods from Cthulhu Mythos. They could do a god based on the Elder Gods and seeing Dragon Ball's take on H. P. Lovecraft work could be cool.
She/Her

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:06 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:There's also gods from Cthulhu Mythos. They could do a god based on the Elder Gods and seeing Dragon Ball's take on H. P. Lovecraft work could be cool.
Then Goku defeats the new villain by throwing a steamboat at him.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:39 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:There's also gods from Cthulhu Mythos. They could do a god based on the Elder Gods and seeing Dragon Ball's take on H. P. Lovecraft work could be cool.
Doubt Toriyama even know what Cthulhu is.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:00 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Why Egyptian-themes gods? There's gods of Greek, Mayan, Roman and Norse mythology too.
You sir, have won me over. I now want to see a pair of DB villains that are based off the goats that pull Odin's chariot.

You got this Kental?
On it.

Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:16 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:

You got this Kental?
On it.
But.... no goats. :(

I really like the pig and the wolf though. The cow's probably my favorite though.
Last edited by Kamiccolo9 on Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:19 pm

So is the guy in the chicken mask SSJ4 Vegeta?
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

SupremeSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by SupremeSSJ » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:43 pm

the two guys n the middle don't look bad. Green n blue bull looking guy.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:58 pm

Nex Carnifex wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:Whis is not a god of destruction, there should be a canon movie of Goku meeting Grand kai for training before kicking some major ass in the next series, Toribot would own the other 12 gods unless Grand kai and Goku fusion 8) .
what is he then, god of beerus?
We're never told what he is.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:03 am

Those gods look really cool and official looking. A god of the dead could be cool and can be similar to Hades from Greek mythology. I would imagine a DB version of Hades would have a flaming head similar to Hades from Disney's version of Hercules.
She/Her