DragonBall S fan-manga preview

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The Mole
Beyond Newbie

DragonBall S fan-manga preview

Post by The Mole » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:29 am

Here is the first couple of pages of my fan-manga: DragonBall S (Doragonbôru S :wink: )

http://photobucket.com/albums/c162/JetW ... 1cover.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/c162/JetW ... -Page1.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/c162/JetW ... -Page2.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/c162/JetW ... -Page3.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/c162/JetW ... -Page4.jpg

As you can see, my drawings aren't as good as they've become in later chapters. Too bad I don't have a newer picture to compare to these. And please tell me what you think.

Socar15
Beyond Newbie

Post by Socar15 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:15 am

Interesting. I could have sworn I remembered someone else on this board mentioning they had written a fic that involved a Cell Jr. coming back, but I could be mistaken. Anyway, I'll have to see more in the future to have a valid opinion.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:42 am

:P Very interesting! I had liked the idea of a surviving Cell Jr. as well, but it never really amounted to anything. (Unless you count a horrible fic I made up when I was 12)
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:07 am

There's a certain charm I find in these kind of pictures. And it takes me back to my earlier days of drawing. :)

I'm interested in where you're going with this, too. Hope to see more. :P

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:23 am

Socar15 wrote:Interesting. I could have sworn I remembered someone else on this board mentioning they had written a fic that involved a Cell Jr. coming back, but I could be mistaken. Anyway, I'll have to see more in the future to have a valid opinion.
A lot of people. One of the Cell Jr's was only cut in half at the torso. It could have easily regenerated and ran away.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:25 am

Yea keep it coming, I wan't to see where this is going. It's coming along nicely.

And I too have seen a fan manga with a surving Cell Jr too, on DBArena I think...maybe you done that also?
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

Mr. Robot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mr. Robot » Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:17 pm

Looks good, but wasn't the entire point of GT's ending that they had abused the power of the Dragon Balls? Wouldn't it be completely besides the point to create new dragonballs?

The Mole
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Mole » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:06 pm

True, they learned that they abused them. So I tought they could either use them only in extreme emergences (spelling), or let anyone (besides the Z-warriors) who finds them make any wish that they want (that doesn't exceed the creator's power).

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:13 pm

Mr. Robot wrote:Looks good, but wasn't the entire point of GT's ending that they had abused the power of the Dragon Balls? Wouldn't it be completely besides the point to create new dragonballs?
Who cares. "Abusing" them goes against the very nature of the DBs, so what's the big deal about contradicting a contradiction?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:53 pm

:P Very good flashback, I feel as if I'm watching the anime. So I take it that this surviving Cell Jr is stronger than Yi Xinglong, eh?
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

The Mole
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Mole » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:16 pm

yes, throughout the time of Buu, Baby (bebi or however you want to spell it), Super Hell fighter 17 (that's what I call him), and the Shadow Dragons; he was busy training. When the Earth was destroyed both times, he simply trained on the moon (since it probably wasn't touched).

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:54 pm

^^;; Uhm, The Mole? The moon's gone bye-bye.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:10 pm

Oh, darn. I thought this was going to be a fic about me :D

But it looks nice. Interesting plot, and totally better than I can draw (DBZ characters, anyway). Reminds me of the unused "What-If?" plotline used for the Saibaman (that fights on Namek and later becomes "The Great Saibaman")
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

The Mole
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Mole » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:39 pm

1: You can call me Mole for short, and 2: I forgot about the moon.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:46 pm

The Mole wrote:yes, throughout the time of Buu, Baby (bebi or however you want to spell it), Super Hell fighter 17 (that's what I call him), and the Shadow Dragons; he was busy training. When the Earth was destroyed both times, he simply trained on the moon (since it probably wasn't touched).
Have him get killed by Buu, since everybody Buu killed got revived. As for Baby, he could have hidden his PL when everyone was assimilated. The moon doesn't work as it's been perma-gone since Piccolo blew it up in the Saiyan saga.

Another possibility is just have him leave the solar system altogether. He can survive in space because of Freeza's genes. What I did for my fanfic was have him fly to Freeza's homeworld, absorbing all aliens along the way in the same fashion that Imperfect Cell absorbed humans. After the huge boost and return home, the battle against the Z crew took place post-Buu but pre-28th budoukai.

The Mole
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Mole » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:34 am

Him absorbing more beings is pretty smart, thanks! He also absorbs an android who came back from the future trying to escape Gohan and <CHARECTER NAME WITHELD FOR SPOILER REASONS>.

t-bone135
Beyond Newbie
Location: Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement of the house half a block down. . .

Post by t-bone135 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:32 am

In the flashback, you even got the eyes bugging out of #16's head. Now that is attention to detail. I like it too, and that part were the bird was flipping out about Cell Jr. being in the air was funny. Not to be critical, but I thought it was sort of amusing that Gohan looked high in this one. :wink: No offense I hope.
Best. Slip 'n' slide. EVER!

Come read my fan-fiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/~tbone135

Socar15
Beyond Newbie

Post by Socar15 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:37 am

t-bone135 wrote:Not to be critical, but I thought it was sort of amusing that Gohan looked high in this one. :wink: No offense I hope.
You know, I thought that exact same thing when I first saw that.

Anyway, I thought the flashback scene was pretty good. Keep it coming.

The Mole
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Mole » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:16 am

Technically, he is high. High...in the sky. And no offense taken.