Yajirobe the Cannibal?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Yajirobe the Cannibal?

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed May 21, 2014 4:21 pm

When Piccolo Daimao supposedly killed Son, Daimao soon left off and Yajirobe when to see if Son was still alive which at first he seemed to be dead (moments later his heart commenced pumping again) and said something like "he doesn't look like he'd be good to eat" and I don't blame him, once a person's dead that's really the end of the line, after all everyone just gets to live once. Better to make the best of it rather than work all your life and not enjoy it at all.

Humans which eventually die are either buried or cremated but it's odd that no one has considered to make that meat consumable for other humans to eat, because if it's still edible then it shouldn't go to waste. People just need to be open minded, but when it's a cannibal killing a living human then that's completely wrong and he should be given a death sentence.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

thomas1up
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Yajirobe the Cannibal?

Post by thomas1up » Wed May 21, 2014 4:23 pm

...Kinda think you're reading too much into this...

I think it was more of a joke that "Yajirobe will eat anything" rather than him being an actual cannibal... To each their own!
thomas1up are fuckin terrible and need to fuck off asap all the other noobs are decent thouhg
-Anon-Kun 2014 <3

Gokuden
Regular

Post by Gokuden » Thu May 22, 2014 10:48 am

If Gohan can eat a dinosaur, I'd imagine Yajirobe has eaten much worse.
Yajirobe looks to be Mongolian, and if you are stuck in Mongolia without any protectors, you are food to essentially anyone.

The more you know.
That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.

GarrettCRW
Beyond Newbie

Post by GarrettCRW » Thu May 22, 2014 4:24 pm

Well, dinosaur tastes like chicken, so Gohan wasn't that out of line for eating one.

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by flashback0180 » Fri May 23, 2014 6:45 am

well thats hardly fair ,Gokus apatite is worse than many monsters TBH .

He has eaten some gross - weird things ranging from lizards to clouds!

but eating a deformed namekian takes the cake :D

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Fri May 23, 2014 7:47 am

Well, Goku had a tail - so on first glance, Yajirobe may have not initially considered him to be a human.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Fri May 23, 2014 12:17 pm

Just as thomas1up said, I really think you're reading way too much into this.
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

GarrettCRW
Beyond Newbie

Post by GarrettCRW » Mon May 26, 2014 2:36 am

......And then there's the bit where Yajirobe literally bites a dude right along his crack in Dragon Ball episode 135.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon May 26, 2014 9:07 am

That's not the only time. He later does the same thing to Kuririn while they're training at God's.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2