Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by B » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:03 am

What I'm saying is there is no reason to believe that SSG is anything besides anything it wants to be. You're making gigantic leaps in logic when Goku is the only case you've seen. You're filling in holes the story has yet to even dig.

EDIT: This argument is basically another version of 'The Dragon Balls can't revive people who have been dead longer than year." It's not properly stated to be that way, or any particular way, so fans make weird assumptions.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:13 am

hleV wrote:Arguments don't work that way. There's no reason to believe that SSG is anything other than red, not the other way around.
Yes, and what you're putting forward is an inductive argument. It may seem right based on what you've seen, but is still not necessarily correct. Black swan argument goes here.
Maybe on the balance of probability you're right, but considering there is only one case to build the argument upon, it is therefore not very strong.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:15 am

We've also seen how other Saiyan transformations don't really differ between users. My point is that SSG Vegeta being anything else than red is only wishful thinking, which is only possible because it hasn't really been stated or shown to be red only, and some people consider SSG Vegeta being blue to be quite likely for some reason, which is not a valid way of looking at things (wishful thinking goes before logic? C'mon...).

VyeRo
Beyond Newbie

Post by VyeRo » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:20 am

Those fanarts of SSJG Vegeta are not really well done imo, in the first one his hair is too vibrant blue and reminds me of Bulma. The second one has no variety between his hair color and bodysuit and like they went overboard with the saturation tool.

I'n thinking royal blue. Like some people mentioned, Vegeta's bodysuit now has a different color, even though he always had the same blue bodysuit for decades. It makes sense to change it now so it won't clash with his blue hair.

Maybe SSJG doesn't work like the regular SSJ and it varies between Saiyans? Energy blasts/ki aura are also different colors throughout the series (doesn't Vegeta have a predominantly blue aura?)

Edited to add: I don't really care one way or another if his hair is gonna turn out blue or red. I think that goes for most people here so I don't see any wishful thinking..?
Last edited by VyeRo on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:22 am

Low Tone G wrote:Does Vegeta look good here?
Or even worse:
Vegeta looks incredible on both pictures. It's Goku who looks awful in SSG.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:23 am

VyeRo wrote:Energy blasts/ki aura are also different colors throughout the series (doesn't Vegeta have a predominantly blue aura?)
Goku's Kamehameha color doesn't differ from anyone else's Kamehameha. Pretty sure all base Saiyans' aura color is white.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:27 am

TheGmGoken wrote:
Low Tone G wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:Toriyama's comments on lack of SS2, 3 and God in future iterations of Goku already is on Toei level of bullshit-ness, if you ask me.
I wouldn't be at all surprised, if Vegeta does get the blue hair, that the poster is teasing us with.
Does Vegeta really look good with blue hair?

Surprisingly yes. That actually looks pretty badass.
I personally can not imagine any nuance of blue to look any good for a man like Vegeta, maybe on a girl I would, but not on Vegeta. The magenta/red/purple variant seems decent, but a blue/violet/indigo not.

Other subject:

Do you remember Guldo from the Ginew force? I think Sorbet it's just like him, as having some special abilities rather than combat skills. I think he will find a way to contact Frieza from the Hell in order to upgrade him a God after resurrection.
Last edited by Low Tone G on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:08 pm

Re: base Gokû's hair, two pages back

I know he's in base there, I was referring to the lighting the artist used.

Re: blue hair

I'd like to see Vegeta get it, but won't be too disappointed if he doesn't. I'll be more disappointed if ssjg Gokû doesn't show up after that tease with the lighting on the poster.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:08 pm

hleV wrote:We've also seen how other Saiyan transformations don't really differ between users. My point is that SSG Vegeta being anything else than red is only wishful thinking, which is only possible because it hasn't really been stated or shown to be red only, and some people consider SSG Vegeta being blue to be quite likely for some reason, which is not a valid way of looking at things (wishful thinking goes before logic? C'mon...).
Vegeta SS4 was different.

Besides SSG transformation is a different kettle of fish, it is achieved differently from the other tansformations therefore the same rules of the other transformations don't count.

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:13 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
hleV wrote:We've also seen how other Saiyan transformations don't really differ between users. My point is that SSG Vegeta being anything else than red is only wishful thinking, which is only possible because it hasn't really been stated or shown to be red only, and some people consider SSG Vegeta being blue to be quite likely for some reason, which is not a valid way of looking at things (wishful thinking goes before logic? C'mon...).
Vegeta SS4 was different.

Besides SSG transformation is a different kettle of fish, it is achieved differently from the other tansformations therefore the same rules of the other transformations don't count.
Of cousre Vegeta SSJ4 was different, but not completely. It was dark brown but not something really different from black. Vegeta's hair doesn't need to be entirely else in color to be a bit different, example if Goku was mangenta, Vegeta could be a bit more reddish.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:16 pm

SS4 wasn't designed by Toriyama.

I suppose GT and AF shit is what makes these power ranger fans go with their random "different colorz for different people" crap.
I'm tired of being rude, but I'm being honest. Stop putting random crap above all logic please.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:30 pm

hleV wrote:SS4 wasn't designed by Toriyama.

I suppose GT and AF shit is what makes these power ranger fans go with their random "different colorz for different people" crap.
I'm tired of being rude, but I'm being honest. Stop putting random crap above all logic please.
I hated GT and Power Rangers. I don't mind blue hair SSG. I don't mind red hair SSG for Vegeta either. I would honestly prefer blue since it looks amazing on Vegeta. However not everyone should get a different colour. Just a red and blue should be allowed. Dbzfan7 had an awesome SSG Gohan with blue hair. You shouldn't be so angry over small things.

VyeRo
Beyond Newbie

Post by VyeRo » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:35 pm

hleV wrote:
VyeRo wrote:Energy blasts/ki aura are also different colors throughout the series (doesn't Vegeta have a predominantly blue aura?)
Goku's Kamehameha color doesn't differ from anyone else's Kamehameha. Pretty sure all base Saiyans' aura color is white.
Woops my bad. But Goku's Kamehameha differs in color from Vegeta's ki blasts, doesn't it?

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:40 pm

Fans putting their wishful thinking and what they think looks cool above any logic (even DB-level logic) and loudly expressing how they believe that it will quite likely be true in the upcoming movie may be a small thing (considering it won't actually happen), but my main issue with such fans is that they treat DB as something that "meh, it's some funny guys transforming and whatnot, it doesn't have to make sense, just give me some cool looking stuff pls". I do have a problem with this and I will let you know about it.
VyeRo wrote:Woops my bad. But Goku's Kamehameha differs in color from Vegeta's ki blasts, doesn't it?
I don't know, probably. But that's like comparing SSG Goku's hair color to SS Vegeta's hair color. Different techniques. Different transformations. Vegeta's Kamehameha would have the same color as Goku's. Goku's ki blasts would have the same color as Vegeta's.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:50 pm

If we're talking about logic here then Vegeta shouldn't have gone SS in the first place.
If you can live with a talking perverted pig man then I am sure you can live with Vegeta having blue hair.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:51 pm

hleV wrote:I suppose GT and AF shit is what makes these power ranger fans go with their random "different colorz for different people" crap.
There is no "logic" or "rule" to Super Saiyan God in regards to the color of somebody's aura, and it would be great if you would stop perpetuating it like a cold, hard fact.

The color of someone's aura has never made any difference as to their power, and has always varied from person to person whenever color is involved(color manga, games, anime, etc.) It boggles the mind why you are so combative and dismissive of others about it. What "logic" are you using to deduce that fans who would like to see a blue Super Saiyan God Vegeta as "power ranger fans"?

To reiterate, you have no ground or basis to stand on regarding this. You are making assumptions with the flimsiest of reasoning.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:15 pm

hleV wrote:
B wrote:
hleV wrote: problem is that people put DB on power rangers level. It's not. This much faith, I do have in Toriyama. Like I said, it wouldn't make sense for different SSG users to have different colors. It would be illogical. How many times do I have to tell that to get it through power ranger fans' heads? Why would the same transformation produce different color only because it's a different person? Can you explain this? You can't.
You're imposing your own rules that were never outlined by anyone in authority. You're making a huge assumption(all Super Saiyan Gods have red aura), and being weirdly adamant about it. It's a magical transformation that can pretty much do whatever it wants. Couldn't I, in turn, tell you that there's no reason Vegeta's God Form cannot be blue, and you just don't want it that way, because of "power rangers," whatever on Earth that even means?
Arguments don't work that way. There's no reason to believe that SSG is anything other than red, not the other way around.
Broly's hair was Green, there is no explaination why it was. It just was. Was it said that LSSJ had green hair? No.
There is no set rule that it has to be red for everyone just because it was for Goku.
I doubt it would be blue due to Toriyama's memory probably going to mess up the consistency between varying colours; but beyond that, there is no stated reason it has to be red. Its not even a form. Its just ki.
Last edited by SingleFringe&Sparks on Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:17 pm

B wrote:
hleV wrote:I suppose GT and AF shit is what makes these power ranger fans go with their random "different colorz for different people" crap.
There is no "logic" or "rule" to Super Saiyan God in regards to the color of somebody's aura, and it would be great if you would stop perpetuating it like a cold, hard fact.

The color of someone's aura has never made any difference as to their power, and has always varied from person to person whenever color is involved(color manga, games, anime, etc.) It boggles the mind why you are so combative and dismissive of others about it. What "logic" are you using to deduce that fans who would like to see a blue Super Saiyan God Vegeta as "power ranger fans"?

To reiterate, you have no ground or basis to stand on regarding this. You are making assumptions with the flimsiest of reasoning.
Can we change the subject already? We better speak about the minions... I can't see they being very strong, maybe Tagoma rivaling with first form Freeza. Also, I'd say Sorbert is some kind a magician, especially as he a ring, he reminds me of Babidi somehow. Maybe he can see the future and alternate futures, so he could help his master to conquer planets in the past or else. I can not see him a to be cut out as a good warrior.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:21 pm

Low Tone G wrote:
B wrote:

Can we change the subject already? We better speak about the minions... I can't see they being very strong, maybe Tagoma rivaling with first form Freeza. Also, I'd say Sorbert is some kind a magician, especially as he a ring, he reminds me of Babidi somehow. Maybe he can see the future and alternate futures, so he could help his master to conquer planets in the past or else. I can not see him a to be cut out as a good warrior.
I doubt they're gonna be that weak. Piccolo is gonna fight, after all.

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:26 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Low Tone G wrote: Can we change the subject already? We better speak about the minions... I can't see they being very strong, maybe Tagoma rivaling with first form Freeza. Also, I'd say Sorbert is some kind a magician, especially as he a ring, he reminds me of Babidi somehow. Maybe he can see the future and alternate futures, so he could help his master to conquer planets in the past or else. I can not see him a to be cut out as a good warrior.
I doubt they're gonna be that weak. Piccolo is gonna fight, after all.
So what? Maybe Piccolo will try to fight Freeza, just like in the case of Beerus. I can see Krillin can get this job with the minions, maybe he can handle Tagoma, but will tricked by Sorbet. I can see that Sorbet can be that tricky as he can steal energy from Goku.