Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:59 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Yeah, Yamamuro has regressed over the years, but who else can they call?
Tate Naoki for character designer, with either Hatano Morio or Koga Tsuyoshi as film director would've been about ten times better than this. If they hadn't driven Ootsuka Takashi off he would have made a great director, too.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:00 pm

BlackCatScott wrote:- No Beerus in the trailer but Whis is there. Is it maybe possible Beerus may still be asleep and join up later in the film?
- No Goten & Trunks. They weren't in the poster either, which is a little bit strange. I know we still haven't seen a lot of content but you would have though we'd have at least seen a shot of them either of them.
Tagoma and Sorbet aren't in this preview either and they're new characters, so I would take this as an indication of anything.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:00 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:Geez. Not that I'm surprised, but Yamamuro again? Yamamuro is not Yamamuro anymore. Just awful character designer. It will be interesting to see how well he directed for the first time though. But man, someone ought to tell him he isn't good anymore and should pass the torch to someone worthy and talented.
Yeah, Yamamuro has regressed over the years, but who else can they call?
Yeah, it's probably because Naoki Tate, Naotoshi Shida or someone else talented couldn't fill in the role of character designer that they had to ask director Yamamuro to take that role. Not a lot of talented animators available right now. Shida is busy working on One Piece, Disk Wars: Avengers, and Dragon Ball, while Tate is the character designer for Disk Wars: Avengers.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:02 pm

I feel sad they're wasting Tate and Shida on Disc Wars.
But it just feels wasteful to me because I don't watch that show.
Friezacooler wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I'm leaning towards the "wish rewrites the history of Universe 7, but Whis uses his powers to protect Gokû, Vegeta, Beerus, and himself from being affected." thing.
Keep dreamin', mate. Such capability is not in Shenron's arsenal; it's way too overpowered for him.
No need to be rude.
As for what is within or not within Shenlong's powers, I'm of the thought that it's whatever the story calls for.

My wish theory is just a theory, after all. Goten and Trunks could show up in the full trailer for all I know.
Last edited by Chuquita on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:03 pm

It's probably a safe bet that once we get the actual trailer in full, we'll see Tagoma and Sorbet. Beerus too, if I had to make a guess.

If we don't see any hints of what appears to be Goten and Trunks though, at that point then I really will be siding with the 'alternate reality' theory.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:04 pm

Did Freeza have a similar red aura before during the Freeza saga?

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:05 pm

NitroEX wrote:Oh boy, they're really reaching with this one. Maybe when more info comes out I'll reconsider but atm this just seems so random and reminds me of stupid fan made DBZ stories with old villains and plot devices being reused due to lack of imagination.

Oh and nice to see Toei downgrade Gohan to Super Saiyan again. :roll: They must really dislike the character.

Kinda worried about the direction this franchise is going in.
I'm pretty damn skeptical too, but I'm willing to hold judgement until I actually get my eyes on the movie. But still...yeah. Between this and the new Terminator trailer that came out today, a lot of beloved franchises are getting sequels that just feel a bit underwhelming.
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:05 pm

Chuquita wrote:I feel sad they're wasting Tate and Shida on Disc Wars.
But it just feels wasteful to me because I don't watch that show.
Friezacooler wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I'm leaning towards the "wish rewrites the history of Universe 7, but Whis uses his powers to protect Gokû, Vegeta, Beerus, and himself from being affected." thing.
Keep dreamin', mate. Such capability is not in Shenron's arsenal; it's way too overpowered for him.
No need to be rude.
As for what is within or not within Shenlong's powers, I'm of the thought that it's whatever the story calls for.

My wish theory is just a theory, after all. Goten and Trunks could show up in the full trailer for all I know.
Piccolo's dialogue makes your theory a little hard to be true.
PICCOLO: He’s come back as a monster in a totally different league from us!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:08 pm

I doubt the movie is in some type of AU. The characters have new clothes, so what? Every character in the show has a different outfit for once. I'm surprise to see Roshi fighting though. I guess Gotenks will likely show up later on in the movie.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:09 pm

It's funny how things work out. Yamamuro Tadayoshi becomes the character designer for Disk Wars: Avengers and is then announced as the director for Dragon Ball Z: Fukkatsu no F. He retains the role of character designer for Disk Wars: Avengers and Dragon Ball Z: Fukkatsu no F while having Tate Naoki begin to act as character designer for Disk Wars: Avengers alongside him beginning with Episode #27. Maybe Toriyama wanted Yamamuro to stay as character designer? Hmm...
She/Her
bisexual milf

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:11 pm

new trailer looks amazing! so its confirmed that freeza's getting a new form. hope it looks sick
Hi

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:12 pm

Lately, Vegeta is getting surprised too much.
They could have used a different shot.

A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:13 pm

It's really depressing to see how Dragon Ball is becoming a Yamamuro show despite of his completely depleted talent. If you ask me, he's almost a tumor of the franchise.
Last edited by kei17 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:13 pm

I noticed that shot of Vegeta right away. I think Yamamuro referenced other Dragon Ball works for his storyboard, ala Toyble.
She/Her
bisexual milf

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:16 pm

That scene in BoG was storyboarded by Yamamuro, too. Talk about uncreativeness.

NitroEX
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by NitroEX » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:17 pm

With the money they made from BoG you'de expect them to at least hire decent animators to up the quality a bit from last time, such a waste.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:18 pm

kei17 wrote:That scene in BoG was storyboarded by Yamamuro, too. Talk about uncreativeness.
Yowza, you're right. I instantly thought of the Opening for that PS2 game when I saw Freeza and Gokuu clash in the trailer, too. The camera placement reminds me of his uncreated storyboarding for the Dragon Ball Kai Openings, too.

Yamamuro seems like a nice guy but as we all know 'nice' doesn't mean talented. I also blame Morishita Kouzou, given he is in charge of planning and also runs Toei Animation.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:19 pm

I feel like we're not gonna be able to get rid of Yamamuro until he hits retirement age. T_T
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:19 pm

JulieYBM wrote:I noticed that shot of Vegeta right away. I think Yamamuro referenced other Dragon Ball works for his storyboard, ala Toyble.
That's what it looks like, even the sweat drop is in the exact same place...

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:21 pm

kei17 wrote:It's really depressing to see how Dragon Ball is becoming a Yamamuro show despite of his completely depleted talent. If you ask me, he's almost a tumor of the franchise.
Ain't that a bit harsh?