Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vaughngief
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Vaughngief » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:46 am

Toonami97 wrote:A good voice for Jaco would Goku's 2nd Ocean dub voice. Or Maybe Kid Muscle from Kinnikuman Nisei's voice.
I can totally see it.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:51 am

bubibartra wrote:In the end, he won´t go to the hell :angel: .
That'd be a grave injustice if that were the case. Vegeta is more badass when he knows he's going to hell anyways, even if he does good. He ain't sorry or looking to atone for his past deeds.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:59 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
That'd be a grave injustice if that were the case. Vegeta is more badass when he knows he's going to hell anyways, even if he does good. He ain't sorry or looking to atone for his past deeds.
The dude just did in his attempt to kill Boo by sacrificing his own life. If that isn't atonement, then I don't know what else to call it. And what's more, Porunga brought Vegeta back to life and Goku commented that it's because of him thinking that he was a good guy. Evidently Enma would agree with him. He just no longer had desire to do evil deeds anymore and became an Earthling with a Saiyan pride. So from the sacrifice up to the battle with Beerus, he hasn't done a bad thing. If he dies now, he would be headed straight to the Heaven with Kaio-sama.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

SonsOfUlron21
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonsOfUlron21 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:20 am

We didn't get anything new though! :http://youtu.be/41xsnR_9Gyo

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:22 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
The dude just did in his attempt to kill Boo by sacrificing his own life. If that isn't atonement, then I don't know what else to call it. And what's more, Porunga brought Vegeta back to life and Goku commented that it's because of him thinking that he was a good guy. Evidently Enma would agree with him. He just no longer had desire to do evil deeds anymore and became an Earthling with a Saiyan pride. So from the sacrifice up to the battle with Beerus, he hasn't done a bad thing. If he dies now, he would be headed straight to the Heaven with Kaio-sama.
Unlikely. He's just not one of the very evil ones. If we took that wish at face value, that would mean any person who's wicked or something like a robber or burglar would remain dead. Literally if you had any sort of wicked thought, you wouldn't be brought back. Hence the wish was for "Only the very evil ones". Vegeta just isn't a very evil person anymore. Even after sacrificing himself he still went to hell and for good reason. Vegeta has no care for the earthlings in general. He isn't someone who'd bat an eye if a city were wiped out. He hasn't done anything bad, but he doesn't look to do good either. Dude is still going to hell just like before.

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ZazamPow » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:27 am

dbzfan7 wrote: Unlikely. He's just not one of the very evil ones. If we took that wish at face value, that would mean any person who's wicked or something like a robber or burglar would remain dead. Literally if you had any sort of wicked thought, you wouldn't be brought back. Hence the wish was for "Only the very evil ones". Vegeta just isn't a very evil person anymore. Even after sacrificing himself he still went to hell and for good reason. Vegeta has no care for the earthlings in general. He isn't someone who'd bat an eye if a city were wiped out. He hasn't done anything bad, but he doesn't look to do good either. Dude is still going to hell just like before.
I think the wish and Goku's words made it pretty clear that Toriyama was saying Vegeta wouldn't be doomed to hell. I mean you can analyze things and break it down to theorize something different but... I doubt that's what Toriyama had in mind.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:32 am

ZazamPow wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote: Unlikely. He's just not one of the very evil ones. If we took that wish at face value, that would mean any person who's wicked or something like a robber or burglar would remain dead. Literally if you had any sort of wicked thought, you wouldn't be brought back. Hence the wish was for "Only the very evil ones". Vegeta just isn't a very evil person anymore. Even after sacrificing himself he still went to hell and for good reason. Vegeta has no care for the earthlings in general. He isn't someone who'd bat an eye if a city were wiped out. He hasn't done anything bad, but he doesn't look to do good either. Dude is still going to hell just like before.
I think the wish and Goku's words made it pretty clear that Toriyama was saying Vegeta wouldn't be doomed to hell. I mean you can analyze things and break it down to theorize something different but... I doubt that's what Toriyama had in mind.
That's what makes Vegeta special. Even if he does good, he knows his end will not be a pleasant one. Vegeta I doubt would even apologize for when he attacked earth and killed everyone. If Tenshinhan or Yamcha asked for an apology, Vegeta wouldn't give them one. Vegeta at no point is trying to actively be a better person, just to live in peace. He isn't thinking about protecting people from bad guys, or the lives of humans. He only thinks about his own life, and his own goals. I'd be surprised if Vegeta was the one to suggest taking a conflict away from humans. He would if it's his son or wife, but for anyone else he's not going to care. He won't go out of his way to kill someone, and might avoid killing humans by accident, but he wouldn't feel bad about that.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:33 am

Bullza wrote: I honestly just wonder how long will we continue to get these movies,Are we going to continue to get a movie every 2 years from now on?

Is Toriyama working towards another conclusion or will they just keep going until either

A) They stop becoming profitable (which would be hard too imagine)

B) Toriyama loses interest in making them

C) Something unfortunately happens to Toriyama (though he's still quite young)

It'll be interesting to see how far this goes.
If FNF brings in big $$$ don't be surprised if we get 1 a year.

He did change it before so he might do it again or he might give us a new ending that has nothing to do with Uub.

I don't think that'll happen as long as the quality is good.

In past interviews he said he was having fun cause he doesn't have to do everything himself so we'll probably get 2-3 more from him.

Japanese people from what I've read have good diets so chances are he'll reach master roshi's age. :lol: but that doesn't mean he'll survive getting ran over by a bus so hopefully he looks before crossing the street :( .

This looks like it's turning into an arc so hopefully we get 10 or more movies and a satisfying conclusion.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:36 am

The Bulma Blog updated; it's Kazuya Nakai (Tagoma) today.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:42 am

Wow such a big jump in posts.. anything big I miss in the past few days?

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:48 am

sintzu wrote:
Bullza wrote: I honestly just wonder how long will we continue to get these movies,Are we going to continue to get a movie every 2 years from now on?

Is Toriyama working towards another conclusion or will they just keep going until either

He did change it before so he might do it again or he might give us a new ending that has nothing to do with Uub.

In past interviews he said he was having fun cause he doesn't have to do everything himself so we'll probably get 2-3 more from him.

Japanese people from what I've read have good diets so chances are he'll reach master roshi's age. :lol: but that doesn't mean he'll survive getting ran over by a bus so hopefully he looks before crossing the street :( .

This looks like it's turning into an arc so hopefully we get 10 or more movies and a satisfying conclusion.
I think when Nozawa passes is when we stop seeing new material for a while again..

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:53 am

JamesOwnz wrote:I think when Nozawa passes is when we stop seeing new material for a while again..
Yeah I can see them doing that but hopefully that's a long time from now.

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ZazamPow » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:10 am

sintzu wrote:

I hear people say this all the time. When did Toriyama change the ending?
sintzu wrote:
JamesOwnz wrote:I think when Nozawa passes is when we stop seeing new material for a while again..
Yeah I can see them doing that but hopefully that's a long time from now.
Exactly how old is Nozawa?
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:16 am

ZazamPow wrote: I hear people say this all the time. When did Toriyama change the ending?

In the Kanzenban volumes.

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ZazamPow » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:21 am

sintzu wrote:
ZazamPow wrote: I hear people say this all the time. When did Toriyama change the ending?

In the Kanzenban volumes.

Okay, how did he change it?

Gohan deserves it.

ScholarGohan
Beyond Newbie

Post by ScholarGohan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:28 am

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:30 am

I think when Nozawa passes is when we stop seeing new material for a while again..
I doubt it, they aren't going to stop making multi billion yen earning movies just because of that. They can just replace her and continue making them, no problem.

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:33 am

Bullza wrote:
I doubt it, they aren't going to stop making multi billion yen earning movies just because of that. They can just replace her and continue making them, no problem.
Toriyama and her are friends when she passes I doubt Toriyama will want to hear anyone else as Goku.. and I don't think TOEI will produce anything without Toriyama.

It's such an iconic voice I think it will be a while before they recast but I wouldn't expect anything major in material for many years after it.

Just thankful we got these new movies now.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:38 am

He may be friends with her but he probably wouldn't wanna give up on several big paychecks over it. It'd be a huge mistake to stop making them just for that especially when Goku could be replaced with a more fitting voice to boot.

I could see them taking a break if something were to happen to Toriyama sure but Nozawa? Nah.

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:47 am

Bullza wrote:He may be friends with her but he probably wouldn't wanna give up on several big paychecks over it. It'd be a huge mistake to stop making them just for that especially when Goku could be replaced with a more fitting voice to boot.

I could see them taking a break if something were to happen to Toriyama sure but Nozawa? Nah.
But Nozawa is the most fitting voice for Goku in fact the only voice for Goku.

Toriyama is set for life.. I really doubt he is getting all that much for these latest movies in regards with how much he already makes yearly from the franchise... Remember after GT ended we didn't get anything until "YO Son Goku and his friends return" what... 11 years after?