Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by JamesOwnz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:48 am

So what happened today? Did Vegeta get the rumored new SSJGod Form?

AM Reflection
Not-So-Newbie

Post by AM Reflection » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:49 am

dbzfan7 wrote:Another thing is guys....it's just a form. Yeah it looks dumb, but as long as the story is good I can take a Shiny Freeza and Bloku/Blugeta.
Of course the story being most important is true for this movie and and a good story will lessen the pain, but another problem is that this incredibly lame looking form will very likely now be a part of any future Dragonball material and certainly the video games. It's not some small detail where we'll only have to look at it once and then it vanishes.

Suupaa Gohan 2
Regular

Post by Suupaa Gohan 2 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:49 am

Marked for deletion.
Last edited by Suupaa Gohan 2 on Wed May 06, 2015 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam Name: SG2
Discord Tag: Esjitu#4064

"I came to save you thanks to a magic bean. And if you think it was easy to find that bean, you're wrong."
--'Big Green' Yajirobe

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:50 am

SaiyaJedi wrote:
kei17 wrote:
ssjjanemba wrote:Akira getting so much hate is so sad....and its on a dragon ball forum.
Yeah, it's extremely unpleasant to me.

Also, picking up a random anonymous post on 2ch doesn't mean anything. It's nothing but just a graffiti in the wall of a lavatory.
Agreed. I'm off to the preview in just a few hours, and nothing sours my mood so much as having to deal with this kind of negativity (to say nothing of immaturity). Even if you have something to criticize, you can do it in a considerate and constructive fashion without resorting to hyperbole or petty name calling.

This hardly goes for everyone, of course, but some of the posts I've been seeing are also (perhaps deliberately) skirting the edges of homophobia and/or racism, which is entirely disgusting and has no place in this community. It reflects poorly on all of us. If that's how you (that's "you" in the general sense, not Kei) want to operate, then I kindly suggest you find somewhere else to do so before we show you the door.

Please — and I say this for everyone's benefit — don't make the last thing I do before I leave the house this afternoon be handing out account strikes.
I hope you enjoy the movie, Julian :)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:51 am

Beji wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I understand, but I still didn't see this coming. I really, really never saw it coming. I thought it'd be ONLY Vegeta IF anyone at all. I expected Toriyama's "no more flashy transformations" to mean no more transformations at all. That's what I was originally afraid of. Bleh, this is worse. T_T
Does he have a quote on this? I'm reading up but I am very behind on interviews, can you/anyone let me know when he said this?
It's here:
What was your concept for [Super Saiyan] God’s appearance?
I was resistant to [the idea of] Goku getting more and more macho, or having a flashy transformation, so I wanted to make a course-correction. Except, visually-speaking, a Goku who doesn’t have any change at all would be difficult to understand, so I changed just his hair color and his eyes.
Will Goku be able to transform into [Super Saiyan] God in the future?
I think you’ll understand if you watch [the movie], but Goku has already absorbed [Super Saiyan] God’s power and made it his own, so there is no need for him to transform into [Super Saiyan] God. Goku basically only thinks of fighting as a sporting match, so borrowing the power of five people isn’t fair, and he resisted doing that; however, it seems his curiosity towards the realm that lay even further beyond him won out.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/ ... -toriyama/

Then what is the blue power-up if it's real? >_<
Last edited by Chuquita on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:53 am

Chuquita wrote:
Beji wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I understand, but I still didn't see this coming. I really, really never saw it coming. I thought it'd be ONLY Vegeta IF anyone at all. I expected Toriyama's "no more flashy transformations" to mean no more transformations at all. That's what I was originally afraid of. Bleh, this is worse. T_T
Does he have a quote on this? I'm reading up but I am very behind on interviews, can you/anyone let me know when he said this?
It's here:
Will Goku be able to transform into [Super Saiyan] God in the future?
I think you’ll understand if you watch [the movie], but Goku has already absorbed [Super Saiyan] God’s power and made it his own, so there is no need for him to transform into [Super Saiyan] God. Goku basically only thinks of fighting as a sporting match, so borrowing the power of five people isn’t fair, and he resisted doing that; however, it seems his curiosity towards the realm that lay even further beyond him won out.
I'm with you, Chu. Really hoping this blue-haired Goku biz isn't a new form. Give Vegeta his blue SSJG, sure. But Goku should be done with transformations, IMO.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:54 am

Big Momma wrote: I'm with you, Chu. Really hoping this blue-haired Goku biz isn't a new form. Give Vegeta his blue SSJG, sure. But Goku should be done with transformations, IMO.
I have a quote on why ssjg isn't blue, but red because red is a stronger color too from Toriyama. Give me a second to find it.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:54 am

This Thread just exploded :shock:
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:55 am

The preview wrote: I think you’ll understand if you watch [the movie], but Goku has already absorbed [Super Saiyan] God’s power and made it his own, so there is no need for him to transform into [Super Saiyan] God.
If that's true it's not gonna be used in the movie, then....
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:57 am

Again, I'd love to see this place's reactions to the original Super Saiyan form. People were probably expecting something elaborate and badass, probably muscled out - shit, even Toei thought it was gonna be some golden ape-like form judging from that little "flashback" during Vegeta's recounting of the legend in the anime. But instead Toriyama goes, "Nah, his haair just stands up and turns yellow so my ink guy can have less colors to fill." Expectation-defying simplicity has always been Toriyama's thing, we're just used to his past stuff by now.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:58 am

AM Reflection wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Another thing is guys....it's just a form. Yeah it looks dumb, but as long as the story is good I can take a Shiny Freeza and Bloku/Blugeta.
Of course the story being most important is true for this movie and and a good story will lessen the pain, but another problem is that this incredibly lame looking form will very likely now be a part of any future Dragonball material and certainly the video games. It's not some small detail where we'll only have to look at it once and then it vanishes.
Only thing I hate is that design wise, it encourages the lack of trying to do something special. It encourages all the typical DA pieces that most people consider just terrible recolours.
jjgp1112 wrote:Again, I'd love to see this place's reactions to the original Super Saiyan form. People were probably expecting something elaborate and badass, probably muscled out - shit, even Toei thought it was gonna be some golden ape-like form judging from that little "flashback" during Vegeta's recounting of the legend in the anime. But instead Toriyama goes, "Nah, his haair just stands up and turns yellow so my ink guy can have less colors to fill." Expectation-defying simplicity has always been Toriyama's thing, we're just used to his past stuff by now.
Take SSJ Goku, change his clothes, change his voice, and people would buy it's a new character. Do that for something like SSJ God and everyone will think it's Goku. I wouldn't be surprised if most people thought Goten was Kid Goku when he came around. Golden Freeza is the only one who could plausibly pass as a new character design. I say this cause honestly a transformation should feel like...a transformation.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:58 am

Before the spoilers can we have a quick nay or yay on the movie? If it's good or not?
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:59 am

Quote on blue or red hair found!
Tell us why the hair color of Super Saiyan God is red!
Simply because it’s a strong-looking color. I had already used gold, and blue doesn’t look very strong. Visually-speaking, red really is easy to understand.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:00 am

Chuquita wrote:Quote on blue or red hair found!

Code: Select all

Simply because it’s a strong-looking color. I had already used gold, and blue doesn’t look very strong. Visually-speaking, red really is easy to understand.

Hmmm...I'd never read that before. Thanks, Chu :thumbup:

Although, now that I've mentally imaged a Blue SSJG Vegeta this whole time...it'll be a little weird at first if he turns out to be red.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:01 am

I kind of remembered something like that and was wondering if he changed his mind. Could be further proof that the blue figure is fake.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:02 am

I desperately hope the figure is fake.
Big Momma wrote:

Code: Select all

Hmmm...I'd never read that before. Thanks, Chu :thumbup:

Although, now that I've mentally imaged a Blue SSJG Vegeta this whole time...it'll be a little weird at first if he turns out to be red.
I like the idea of blue ssjg Vegeta, I just didn't want to involve Gokû in it.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

VeteranX

Post by VeteranX » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:02 am

When I joined this community I expected to have a good time having discussions with fellow "fans" of the series but all this sourness is making me doubt this. Never knew a form/power up,characters(possibly not making it in) will make it "shitty".

I'm still hyped up for this movie and hope everyone at Japan has a good time watching it! :thumbup:
Favorite characters: Goku,Vegeta,Future Trunks

On my way to collect all the dragon balls!

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:04 am

jjgp1112 wrote:Again, I'd love to see this place's reactions to the original Super Saiyan form. People were probably expecting something elaborate and badass, probably muscled out - shit, even Toei thought it was gonna be some golden ape-like form judging from that little "flashback" during Vegeta's recounting of the legend in the anime. But instead Toriyama goes, "Nah, his haair just stands up and turns yellow so my ink guy can have less colors to fill." Expectation-defying simplicity has always been Toriyama's thing, we're just used to his past stuff by now.
I don't speak for everyone, so for me, I say it just has to do with the titles of the form. "Super" is one thing, "God" is another. At least for the SSG mode, have the form be a dark and godly color instead of red. The skinniness can stay for all I care(to a degree though).
Last edited by EXBadguy on Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:04 am

VeteranX wrote:When I joined this community I expected to have a good time having discussions with fellow "fans" of the series but all this sourness is making me doubt this. Never knew a form/power up,characters(possibly not making it in) will make it "shitty".

I'm still hyped up for this movie and hope everyone at Japan has a good time watching it! :thumbup:
Welcome to the forums, dude. Thankfully, most of the sourness is only within this thread. :D

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:04 am

VeteranX wrote:When I joined this community I expected to have a good time having discussions with fellow "fans" of the series but all this sourness is making me doubt this. Never knew a form/power up,characters(possibly not making it in) will make it "shitty".

Both sides are very passionate for Dragon Ball I like to believe. Whether positive or negative. As the old saying goes "You can't please everyone."
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!