Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by SaiyanZ » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:48 am

Wait, I thought the movie was 93 min, so Julian is leaving early? or is the screening not the whole movie or something?
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:01 am

People keep asking "too many pages; fill me in on the news" every other page. Helpful people respond and do fill them in. And the thread's only going to get more active in a few hours, so let's not have that cycle repeat over and over. Important news and updates will end up on the main site, after all.

I also want to quote what Mike said many pages back, before activity heats up again.
VegettoEX wrote:As we approach the film's debut, please remember:

This thread is not a chat room.

An image in and of itself is not a post. A single sentence is also generally not worth posting.

A post you think is funny probably isn't. Have a real conversation.

You're not on 4chan.

All hands are on deck. Creating issues where we have to actively babysit the thread literally prevents us from bringing you comprehensive, accurate, timely information about the film.

Create an atmosphere where things are awesome and we will be able to bring you the things you are here for. Don't make our job harder. Don't waste our time and don't waste your own time.
And:
SaiyaJedi wrote:The event starts at 6:30 p.m., so the movie will probably begin by 7:00 and be over before 9:00.
Those times are JST (UTC +0900). You can use this converter to adjust it to your time zone. But I'll save you some trouble and say the event will probably end about five hours from the time I'm posting this.
-Rachel

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:03 am

Oh, sorry, guys... :?
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

lord turbo
Beyond Newbie

Post by lord turbo » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:03 am

aryansaiyan wrote:
batistabus wrote:When people say the franchise has gone down hill recently, I'm not really sure what it is they like about Dragon Ball. Almost everything we've been seeing lately is hitting the sweet-spot for me.
They call it palette swaps hahahhaha. They don't understand Akira is deeper than that and uses many different inspirations before deciding on a design choice completely. They don't even know their author well enough. Dragon Ball is forever cursed with these childish fans
That's because they are, mere recolors that fanarts and fanfics have already touched on a decade ago. Toriyama's designs are on the same level of amateurish traced designs you find on deviant-art. I call it lazy because it literally takes no more than 3 seconds to come up with, its just annoys me how lazy Toriyama has gotten over the years when I know he can easily do much better, but prefers these redundant and generic designs that 10 years old come up with, it feels like a disservice because I can easily imitate Toriyama to excused lazy recolors.

Toriyama: I chose green because Goku's jealous and selfish desire to become the strongest reaches its peak this time. Its a different side of Goku i wanted to explore and I think fans will be in for a neat ride. I chose purple for his hair because its a soft and gentle color which perfectly captures Goku's sweet and noble personality, I even threw in some gold lightning to spice up the aura, almost regal looking now that I think about it *Laughs*. I went with silverish white hair because it a good color that represents wisdom in most myths. I think fans will be surprised how much he has changed and grown, mentally at least so look out for it in this upcoming movie, I've tried my hardest so please enjoy.

At the end of the day just another quick palette swap, and if I was in the office watching all the voice actors and directors giving praise to a blue SSJ Goku I'd be the first one to point out "Looks like a lazy palette swap straight out of doujinshi and fanart by fans you see on the internet. All you did was turn his hair and eyes blue and call it a day, for shame Toriyama-sensei, I expected much better from you". I love Dragon Ball because its a fun action adventure series with humorous elements tossed in to balance out the serious drama nature which works pretty well. I don't think Toriyama is stupid or harming the series, but I also don't think he's doing much good in some areas either. lately it feels like a hit or miss to me, more miss than hit, but I still look forward to new material. I respectively dislike the new material if its bad or strongly like it if its good.

However, If something by Toriyama just feels like sheer laziness, unproductive, uncreative, and redundant I'm totally going to call him out, I don't sugarcoat, I address my concern directly in a respectively and constructive manner since I feel just because you are the creator of said series doesn't mean you are exempt from valid criticism/ If RoF turns out terrible I will respectively describe why I felt it turned out a disappointing mess in a valid and genuine manner that examines the fans instead of going "That stupid Toriyama is ruining the series. That fool should put the pen down because he's a no talent hack that lost his touch decades ago, for real". That's just outright disrespectful mean spirited, jaded, and bitterness speaking and that's unsightly to look upon in general.
Piririn wrote:I love the simple transformations. Goku's god form was nice, NOT lazy. It wasn't even a simple palette-swap - his physique changed as well. What would've been terrible is if Goku's god form had been some over-the-top giant-haired, mega-muscled, and excessively-detailed mess. Keeping it simple but powerful was perfect.

A transformation doesn't need to completely change a character's appearance to be good.
I like simple transformations too, but not to the point of it being redundant. I don't need to see a seventh recolor of base/ssj Goku. A transformation also doesn't need to be a simple recolor that barely changes anything either. I hate the excuse when someone doesn't like something that's too simple and a recolor of a previous form the first response is to go with "Do you prefer super ridiculous LSSJ buff style" extreme side. Like that's almost everyone go to defense. Hell no I don't want that. if I had a say it I would have SSJG in BoG change Goku's clothe to his RoF clothes, give a tan that's noticeably darker if you look hard or if I want to get a bit more creative change Goku's skin color too along with the hair change into something that meshes well with each other, keep the recolored hair, but maybe a mid to dark blue instead of red and maybe remove his pupils and give him a faint blue tint glow from his eyes. Significantly more than a recolor and yet still keeps Goku's original form largely untouched.
GokuRules987 wrote:
Piririn wrote:I love the simple transformations. Goku's god form was nice, NOT lazy. It wasn't even a simple palette-swap - his physique changed as well. What would've been terrible is if Goku's god form had been some over-the-top giant-haired and mega-muscled and excessively-detailed mess. Keeping it simple but powerful was perfect.

A transformation doesn't need to completely change a character's appearance to be good.
Exactly Super Saiyan God was unique because it tried to be different from an average super saiyan forms. This form is basically going back to the whole super saiyan old spiky hair but instead now his hair is somehow blue? Ridiculous at its finest!
SSJG is literally SSJ at its heart. The eyes and hair change color just like SSJ except his hair doesn't even change position this time, but the concept is still the same. Repeating the concept for a third time does not necessarily make it a charm.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:16 am

I remember before Battle of Gods was coming out there was a trailer that showed Goku powering up with a blue aura and people assumed that maybe Goku would get blue hair or something like that.

Now it looks like it could be the case after all.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:28 am

Merchandise, merchandise, merchandise.
http://www.zakzak.co.jp/economy/ecn-new ... 004-n1.htm
The Golden Freeza figure looks interesting.

tx3
Beyond Newbie

Post by tx3 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:41 am

the movie is in 3d?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:44 am

tx3 wrote:the movie is in 3d?
Yeah, 2D, 3D, IMAX, IMAX 3D and 4DX.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:46 am

Bullza wrote:
What's 4DX?
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:03 am

Vegitofaxx wrote:
Bullza wrote:
What's 4DX?
They're a relatively new thing which are mostly found in Asia right now. They have the following features.

Seat motion (tilt left, tilt right, tilt forward, tilt backward, raise up, drop down)
Face air jets
Left and right neck air jets
Water spray
Rain
Wind
Leg tickler
Back poker
Lightning
Fog
Scents (from a collection of 1000 scents)
Bubbles

I imagine it'd be a pretty fun experience, like the Shrek 4D ride found at Universal Studios except one that lasts for an entire movie. The first 4DX theatre recently opened in England.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:06 am

Bullza wrote:
Vegitofaxx wrote:

What's 4DX?
They're a relatively new thing which are mostly found in Asia right now. They have the following features.

Seat motion (tilt left, tilt right, tilt forward, tilt backward, raise up, drop down)
Face air jets
Left and right neck air jets
Water spray
Rain
Wind
Leg tickler
Back poker
Lightning
Fog
Scents (from a collection of 1000 scents)
Bubbles

I imagine it'd be a pretty fun experience, like the Shrek 4D ride found at Universal Studios except one that lasts for an entire movie. The first 4DX theatre recently opened in England.
Leg tickler...We need that!

BTW, did anybody else's kanzenshuu just go down?

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:07 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Merchandise, merchandise, merchandise.
http://www.zakzak.co.jp/economy/ecn-new ... 004-n1.htm
The Golden Freeza figure looks interesting.
Oh my goodness someone please tell me that figure is hscf scale I would absolutely need it :lol: That series has I think 3 poses between 50+ figures(with a few exceptions) and this one fits right in.

And to reply above me. No not for me it didn't.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:14 am

Vegitofaxx wrote: What's 4DX?
I've seen stuff like that at theme parks, where basically they add other sensory experiences during the show. So, for example, the might mist the audience with water if the characters go underwater, or fill the air with a certain scent if food is being shown on screen. Probably only a very limited number of theaters are doing this (as in, ones that are already set up for it). Curious what they'll do for Resurrection F.

God, this thread has been a headache today. Was shocked to see the amount of pages being added to the discussion, thinking major spoilers somehow leaked early, only to find pages upon pages of bitching about something that might not even be in the movie. I know everyone's excited, but goddamn, there's not too long until the screening, was all the complaining necessary with less than a day until we find out if it's actually real?

Clearly I'm cranky and should go to bed :P A little over an hour until the screening begins! Enjoy the movie, Julian! Make sure to make a detailed list of everyone's battle powers :roll: give us plenty of juicy tidbits about plot details once you get done with the screening :D
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

VyeRo
Beyond Newbie

Post by VyeRo » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:17 am

So excited! :mrgreen:

I will be at work at 14pm (which is when the movie will end at 9pm JPN time), but it doesn't hurt to check the site.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:18 am

sailorspazz wrote:
I've seen stuff like that at theme parks, where basically they add other sensory experiences during the show. So, for example, the might mist the audience with water if the characters go underwater, or fill the air with a certain scent if food is being shown on screen. Probably only a very limited number of theaters are doing this (as in, ones that are already set up for it)
I think I tried something similair in Legoland once... :lol:

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:27 am

Actually if you think about Godly ki in terms of fire, which is kind of what SSJ God looked like...

...then it makes a lot of sense that the "form beyond" would be blue. Because in real life as fires grow hotter, the light given off will shift to blue, which is a shorter wavelength. Which is why a blow torch is often a blue flame.

That makes sense because the God ki is unlike other ki and if it was a more advanced form it makes sense it would turn blue from being more powerful ("hotter").

SSJGFrieza
Banned

Post by SSJGFrieza » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:33 am

Only a few hours left :clap:
Linda Young 4 lyfe

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:35 am

SSJGFrieza wrote:Only a few hours left :clap:
You think the servers will crash?

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:39 am

Meanwhile on Deviantart:

Laughable. Just laughable.
I was really skeptical about this. First Shiny Freeza, now this?
This should have been called "Ressurection of the Palette Swaps".

At least Cooler 5th form was unique.

And you know what is worse? These new forms exist SOLELY FOR MERCHANDISE.
At this point, i'm thinking Toriyama is putting no effort into this simply because he's been forced to Toei to create these forms.
Afterall, the first SSJG with a Cape was a Toei idea to sell the new movie.

I TELL YOU THIS. EVERY MOVIE FROM NOW ON WILL HAVE NEW FORMS. PREPARE YOURSELVES, WHITE SSJ3GOD AND RED CELL ARE INCOMING!
Bookmark this post, so once the third movie you will be able to say "I fucking called it"

Anyway, let's wait for these spoilers ahah. Wether the movie is bad or not, i'm hyped. At least if the movie is shitty i'll get a good laugh out of it.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:50 am

We have one in Prague, I saw the Man Of Steel in it. It was tilting during flight - it's exactly the same like ''Star Tours'' + there was a scent of farm (yeah, cow dumpings) and water splashes...
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88