Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bonus Stage
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Bonus Stage » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:57 pm

New Freeza Audio, in Dragon Ball Z Fukkatsu no F Official Site.

http://www.dragonball2015-special.com/

What did he say?

Ahn, i think a new magazine will be launched

http://www.dragonball2015.com/news/deta ... #post-d506

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:02 pm

That looks like it might be F's mook, but I'm not near my BOG one to check.

Man, I really like that new dougi on Gokû.
Last edited by Chuquita on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:03 pm

With all the movie spoilers, I forgot we should be getting chapter 3 of the manga pretty soon.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:10 pm

Bonus Stage wrote:New Freeza Audio, in Dragon Ball Z Fukkatsu no F Official Site.

http://www.dragonball2015-special.com/

What did he say?

Ahn, i think a new magazine will be launched

http://www.dragonball2015.com/news/deta ... #post-d506

Tomorrow, finally tomorrow is the day of my resurrection, I cant wait! tomorrow morning I shall engulf the theaters with fear ohohohhoho (something like this)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:39 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote: Yeah that sounds a lot better than the former of "Fight, Job, Benchmark, Cheer." For some people just getting into a fight is good enough for them, but it's not for me personally. Fighting is only important if it's worthy of their time. If it's a fight with a bunch of people who are so far beneath you, it's boring. As Goku and Cell once said, a fight is best when fighter's are close in power. The animation and fighting itself sounds cool, but the concept is not. If anything I'm insulted that the army thing is basically fan service filler
This whole movie can be seen as "fan service filler", people complain that this is Goku and Vegeta show, so when Toriyama goes out his way to show the other guys can still shine too it is insulting? I really do not understand what you are getting at, so you'd rather Gohan be benched like Yamcha and the kids then? I would think that'd be even more 'insulting', no? Also, at this point after Buu saga and BoG, it is pretty obvious that Gohan is not a major player anymore, and its not like like Toriyama promised or hinted in BoG Gohan would have a major role in the future (like with Vegeta) so I have no idea why you are getting so worked up about Gohan essentially kicking hundreds of asses.
Movie is pretty much fan service filler, but some parts fit that bill more than others. Also yes. Don't use a character if you have nothing for them. Goten and Trunks were benched as they really had nothing in mind for them. I'd rather they make way for new characters for better things, than give pointless time to characters they don't care about. Or in this case focus on the "F" more instead of wasting time with this dribble. All their time could have been given to maybe more back story on Freeza and more time towards his training. That's far more worth it than filler mindless army fight.

That's not shining. Not at all. That's grunt work. Shinning is not just screen time. The Saibaman at least symbolized how far our heroes had grown as they were each an equivalent of Raditz. There was more relevance in Movie 12 for fighting a bunch of people than there was for these mooks. A bunch of evil people returning due to what was happening in the after life. That's something that brings up massive possibilities and is something that can bring a reasonable challenge. You could have an opponent for everyone's level. Here we're just twiddling thumbs as the pointless filler fight goes by til Goku and Vegeta show up. It's insulting as it's such a meaningless waste of time. It's just mindless fighting. Nothing is learned nor gained. We learn from Freeza vs Goku and Vegeta, and nothing from the army.
You make no sense at all, you complain that they do not care about characters then you complain they are giving too much screen to them? :crazy: Yeah nothing is gained except yano preventing Earth to be overrun by Freeza's army. There is literally 1000 soldiers dude, I think that hardly classes as grunt work especially considering how the Z fighters haven't really done anything (except Gohan) since the Cell arc, so taking their rustiness and the quantity of the soldiers in account that is more than and fair fight.

If you want to talk about meaningless, then that is what a Freeza back story would have been, do we really need to know how Freeza learned crawled? I agree about wanting to see Freeza train though, with he F song playing in the background that would have been cool.

Bonus Stage
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bonus Stage » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:54 pm

Shonen Jump + released Fukkatsu no F Vol. 1. Free! :clap:
http://plus.shonenjump.com/client_info/ ... 0001442_57

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:04 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:You make no sense at all, you complain that they do not care about characters then you complain they are giving too much screen to them? :crazy: Yeah nothing is gained except yano preventing Earth to be overrun by Freeza's army. There is literally 1000 soldiers dude, I think that hardly classes as grunt work especially considering how the Z fighters haven't really done anything (except Gohan) since the Cell arc, so taking their rustiness and the quantity of the soldiers in account that is more than and fair fight.

If you want to talk about meaningless, then that is what a Freeza back story would have been, do we really need to know how Freeza learned crawled? I agree about wanting to see Freeza train though, with he F song playing in the background that would have been cool.
I think I'm quite clear. But I'll put it simply. If you're going to utilize a character, give them something worth their time. If you're not interested in using characters, as this movie shows, then don't use them and expand on the newer characters instead. Do something worthwhile. If they aren't going to do that, then the old characters are holding back the new ones. All the worthless time for Gohan and the others could have been given to Beerus, Whis, or Freeza's background.

All 1000 soldiers could have been written out and we lose nothing. It's grunt work. Not only that, but we coulda had Goku or Vegeta just put an end to them in seconds considering how much of a time waster they were. Considering how strong everyone is, no they weren't a threat. They were laughable.

No but learning anything would be interesting. Like how apparently King Cold told Freeza about Boo and Beerus. I'd like to see how the bratty Freeza took that news.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:19 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Instead of arguing how strong the forms are, we should just wait for Toriyama to do another interview and assign them numbers like he did with BoG.
I'm more interested to see his thoughts behind the new forms concept. Also hoping he cames with a better oficial name for Bluessj than Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.
I love the fanmade flame pattern explanation but I want to read our Tori toughts.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Vice
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Vice » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:34 pm

Gohan fans bitching about his current role in these movies. Welcome to how every other fandom but his and Goku's felt during the original run of the manga.

Please shut up.

This is absolutely out of line and uncalled for. An account strike has been issued against your account. Account strikes add up to temporary and/or permanent bans which revoke access to the entirety of the Kanzenshuu website. Please review the forum rules, which you agreed to prior to registration, before making any further contributions - http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum-rules/

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:46 pm

Oh yea guys...

Here's a better quality image of the scan posted a few pages back.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:48 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:You make no sense at all, you complain that they do not care about characters then you complain they are giving too much screen to them? :crazy: Yeah nothing is gained except yano preventing Earth to be overrun by Freeza's army. There is literally 1000 soldiers dude, I think that hardly classes as grunt work especially considering how the Z fighters haven't really done anything (except Gohan) since the Cell arc, so taking their rustiness and the quantity of the soldiers in account that is more than and fair fight.

I think I'm quite clear. But I'll put it simply. If you're going to utilize a character, give them something worth their time. If you're not interested in using characters, as this movie shows, then don't use them and expand on the newer characters instead. Do something worthwhile. If they aren't going to do that, then the old characters are holding back the new ones. All the worthless time for Gohan and the others could have been given to Beerus, Whis, or Freeza's background.

All 1000 soldiers could have been written out and we lose nothing. It's grunt work. Not only that, but we coulda had Goku or Vegeta just put an end to them in seconds considering how much of a time waster they were. Considering how strong everyone is, no they weren't a threat. They were laughable.

No but learning anything would be interesting. Like how apparently King Cold told Freeza about Boo and Beerus. I'd like to see how the bratty Freeza took that news.
I am sorry but that sounds like a colossal waste of time and boring, each to their own I guess.
Birusu16 wrote:Oh yea guys...

Whats with the weird blue outline on the images of Goku and Vegeta. Anyway judging by the card, looks good on Vegeta too!

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:55 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

Whats with the weird blue outline on the images of Goku and Vegeta. Anyway judging by the card, looks good on Vegeta too!
It's just an artistic effect for the cover.
That cover looks pretty nice, btw.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:55 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I am sorry but that sounds like a colossal waste of time and boring, each to their own I guess.
That's ok man. Like you said to each their own. I personally would scrap the time of the old characters for the new one's, since I think they seem to be a keen point of interest, and the older characters aren't going to affect anything. Better to further develop the future of Dragon Ball, than to throw away time with characters that will remain the same. You see screen time as the reward, I see it as filler. Both I think are fair view points.
Vice wrote:Gohan fans bitching about his current role in these movies. Welcome to how every other fandom but his and Goku's felt during the original run of the manga.

Please shut up.
Make comments like that, and you're begging to not participate here for much longer :wink:. A simple "Gohan's time is over and he doesn't need more time" would have been an acceptable and more appropriate response.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:56 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:It increases base Goku's strength, who is around as strong as SSGod.
This is pure speculation on your part. Goku has absorbed SSG's power, but the simple fact that he transformed into SS at all in BoG directly suggests that he can't simply tap into all of it in base. There has been no official explanation regarding the difference in raw power between the blue and yellow forms after Goku absorbed SSG aside from his mastery of God ki. I think you're either reading too deeply into this or you want SSGSS to be something that it's not.
It's not. BoG, FnF, and Toriyama himself confirm that base Goku is as strong as God Goku. In FnF, Freeza says that Goku holds back, and then Goku shows SSGSS. Meaning that SSGSS is stronger than SSG.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:02 pm

I'm not on the computer, is it still written "Saiyan beyond God" below Vegeta's new form little image?

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:08 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Marlowe89 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:It increases base Goku's strength, who is around as strong as SSGod.
This is pure speculation on your part. Goku has absorbed SSG's power, but the simple fact that he transformed into SS at all in BoG directly suggests that he can't simply tap into all of it in base. There has been no official explanation regarding the difference in raw power between the blue and yellow forms after Goku absorbed SSG aside from his mastery of God ki. I think you're either reading too deeply into this or you want SSGSS to be something that it's not.
It's not. BoG, FnF, and Toriyama himself confirm that base Goku is as strong as God Goku. In FnF, Freeza says that Goku holds back, and then Goku shows SSGSS. Meaning that SSGSS is stronger than SSG.
Of course the new "form" is stronger because it's the result of training... I can think of it like the Blue form is the result and the condition of Goku's(and Vegeta's) progress since BoG. Goku was able to tap the full absorbed power in base and SSJ back in BoG(Of course without noticing it). As DBZGTKOSDH mentioned Toriyama already confirmed that Goku doesn't need to turn God anymore. Then for further gains in power he has changed his Super Saiyan form's appearance a bit(I was against the color changing - I don't like blue -, but it can make sense), maybe Whis told him(them) how to master(in other words to use it consciously and to increase it) his God Ki within.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:14 pm

Dyno wrote:

I'm not on the computer, is it still written "Saiyan beyond God" below Vegeta's new form little image?
I'm not sure as I can't read Japanese lol.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:22 pm

Dyno wrote:

I thought it had been established that "Saiyan beyond God" is the name for their base forms infused with Godly Ki, and not SSGSS.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:26 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:It's not. BoG, FnF, and Toriyama himself confirm that base Goku is as strong as God Goku. In FnF, Freeza says that Goku holds back, and then Goku shows SSGSS. Meaning that SSGSS is stronger than SSG.
BoG never confirmed that, and my previous post to you just explained that if anything, it suggests the exact opposite - Goku wouldn't have relied on his Super Saiyan transformation after his absorption of Super Saiyan God if his base form was precisely on par with it, nor would he have absorbed Beerus' giant energy ball at the end of the movie by going back into SSG. The simple fact that he did those things in the first place is a direct indication that base Goku isn't quite as powerful as SSG Goku. Goku holding back in FnF only implies that SSGSS is stronger than himself in base, which is obvious to anyone remotely familiar with how the Super Saiyan transformations work; it doesn't automatically suggest that his base form would be just as powerful as his SSG transformation just because he absorbed a lot of its strength. In both the movie and limited manga for FnF, Goku even remarks that a casual attack from Beerus would have killed him during his training with Whis.

The only thing Toriyama ever confirms in his interview is that Goku wouldn't need SSG anymore because he'd previously absorbed its power. He never specifically says that base Goku is exactly as strong as SSG Goku, and that wouldn't be consistent with what we were shown in BoG anyhow. He needs Super Saiyan to draw out more of its power. I don't know how this could be any more apparent.

As it stands, you appear to be the only person here pretending that SSGSS is anything more than SS1 using SSG's power/ki. And that explanation is straight from Goku's mouth, word for word. It's not a literal fusion of two forms and was never implied to be anything of the sort. That notion is headcanon at best.
Last edited by Marlowe89 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:29 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I am sorry but that sounds like a colossal waste of time and boring, each to their own I guess.
That's ok man. Like you said to each their own. I personally would scrap the time of the old characters for the new one's, since I think they seem to be a keen point of interest, and the older characters aren't going to affect anything. Better to further develop the future of Dragon Ball, than to throw away time with characters that will remain the same. You see screen time as the reward, I see it as filler. Both I think are fair view points.
Sure. And yeah I see it as a kind of mini love letter to the fans, at this point everyone knows it is all about Goku, Vegeta and Gods etc so I find it cool that Toriyama dedicated a chunk of the screen time to these old players, he could have so easily pulled a BoG.