Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JahSly90

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by JahSly90 » Sun May 03, 2015 12:58 am

And it seems to me goku was the punching bag here not freeza.lmao I don't know why i heard the opposite from some people. Goku had the upper hand only because of freeza's weakness which kicked in later on in the fight.

ScholarGohan
Beyond Newbie

Post by ScholarGohan » Sun May 03, 2015 2:12 am

Babbu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Babbu » Sun May 03, 2015 3:17 am

The Riddler is in this movie?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun May 03, 2015 6:19 am

ShadowWolf87 wrote:
Basaku wrote:
Herms wrote: Yeah, the actual line is that Bulma ordered Gohan not to tell Goten and Trunks. Sorry for the confusion. The script features a note from Toriyama saying they didn't tell Mister Satan what was up either, since they figured he wouldn't be any help.
So uh... did Toriyama just compare Trunks & Goten's usefulness to Mr. Satan? :lol: I mean it's obvious everyone's getting sidelined for godly Goku&Vegeta bonanza but this is going a tad far :lol:
No. They opted not to tell Mr. Satan because he couldn't be of any help. They opted not to tell Trunks and Goten because they're reckless kids who would likely do something stupid against a far more powerful and very calculating enemy and quite possibly get themselves killed.

One is a matter of usefulness and ability, the other is a matter of behavior and maturity.
Agree'd. Do not forget that Gohan almost died by Freeza's hand too, Goten and Trunks would not last at all. Not to mention without fusion they are pretty useless.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun May 03, 2015 6:49 am

Currently in Tokyo, going to see it in Shibuya at 10am tommorow, I'm so excited to see it even though I can't understand the language.

I hope its good. I'll tell you if I think its better than Battle of Gods.

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Sun May 03, 2015 7:35 am

Man, you can't believe how bummed I am about having missed the premiere in LA last month... Just a two-hour drive, and I totally could have gotten ticks had I not procrastinated. >.>

Now I have to wait, and it'll most likely be dub-only from here.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun May 03, 2015 7:37 am

Bullza wrote:Currently in Tokyo, going to see it in Shibuya at 10am tommorow, I'm so excited to see it even though I can't understand the language.

I hope its good. I'll tell you if I think its better than Battle of Gods.
Enjoy!

Regardless of the film's quality, just the experience of seeing Dragon Ball on the big screen should make it worth the trip.

Check out the Mandarake store if you get the chance - http://www.mandarake.co.jp/en/shop/sby.html - you might find a cel that takes your fancy.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun May 03, 2015 8:40 am

ScholarGohan wrote:Image

oda reveiw

http://one-piece.com/
I'm interested in this, can we get a translation soon?

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Sun May 03, 2015 8:57 am

So this movie basically...

Don't know why even bother to expect something from Toriyama anymore. Dude must have gone senile by now.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun May 03, 2015 9:05 am

Besides Bulma knowing about Freeza and vice-versa and Hell getting retconned, which ones?

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Sun May 03, 2015 9:12 am

Gohan's power in this movie reeks of bad writing Boag wasn't that long ago and Gohan can become ultimate I don't know wtf Toriyama was writing this time around.

Also it's good to know that Sorbets ring is powerful enough to hurt a SSJG :clap:

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Sun May 03, 2015 9:19 am

Doctor. wrote:Besides Bulma knowing about Freeza and vice-versa and Hell getting retconned, which ones?
- 4 Months of training to reach God-level
- God-level can be reached with training, instead of Magical means (like the Ritual)
- Goku personality. He was cocky before but never so cocky. That was Vegeta shtick.
- Freeza remembering Bulma (HUGE PLOTHOLE)
- Shenron reviving Freeza in pieces. (guess then Namek Krillin should have been revived as dust then lol)
- Vegeta being a pussy against Freeza until he was weakened by Goku. Even tho Vegeta never was scared of opponents and instead kept charging head in even when he was clearly outmatched.
- Gohan and Piccolo needing more than 3 seconds to obliterate the 1000 soldiers.
- The stupid ring of Sorbet.
- Gohan losing SSJ2 (WTF) and Ultimate in such a short time from BOG. Might as well kill him if you're going to treat the character like shit, Toriyama.

And this is not mentioning the recolor fest.

I can't believe his editor was impressed with this shit. This is just a fanfiction made movie
If this is the way the writing is gonna be from now on, my excitement for Dragon Ball Super will be nonexistant.

Might as well watch GT, it might have less plotholes even lmao.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Sun May 03, 2015 9:22 am

Flame Dragon wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Besides Bulma knowing about Freeza and vice-versa and Hell getting retconned, which ones?
- 4 Months of training to reach God-level
- God-level can be reached with training, instead of Magical means (like the Ritual)
- Goku personality. He was cocky before but never so cocky. That was Vegeta shtick.
- Shenron reviving Freeza in pieces. (guess then Namek Krillin should have been revived as dust then lol)
- Vegeta being a pussy against Freeza until he was weakened by Goku. Even tho Vegeta never was scared of opponents and instead kept charging head in even when he was clearly outmatched.
- Gohan and Piccolo needing more than 3 seconds to obliterate the 1000 soldiers.
- Gohan losing SSJ2 (WTF) and Ultimate in such a short time from BOG. Might as well kill him if you're going to treat the character like shit, Toriyama.

I can't believe his editor was impressed with this shit. This is just a fanfiction made movie

Wait, who reached god level without magic?
If this is the way the writing is gonna be from now on, my excitement for Dragon Ball Super will be nonexistant.

Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Sun May 03, 2015 9:29 am

Freeza. Gotta love how he was so scared of Super Saiyans when he just needed 4 (!!!) Months to become a GOD. Literally.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Sun May 03, 2015 9:33 am

Flame Dragon wrote:
Freeza. Gotta love how he was so scared of Super Saiyans when he just needed 4 (!!!) Months to become a GOD. Literally.
It may be contrived, but it's still not a plot hole. Nothing was ever stated to contradict Freeza getting that powerful.
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Sun May 03, 2015 9:37 am

Vegitofaxx wrote:
Flame Dragon wrote:
It may be contrived, but it's still not a plot hole. Nothing was ever stated to contradict Freeza getting that powerful.
It just makes the entirety of the Namek arc pointless, as Freeza just needed 4 months to surpass the Super Saiyans by 10 times.
In the end, the only reason that arc happened is because Freeza was a lazy fatass and a pussy. :lol:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun May 03, 2015 9:39 am

Flame Dragon wrote:- 4 Months of training to reach God-level
That's not a plot hole, nothing was contradicted. You can call it an asspull, you can call it stupid, but plot hole you cannot.
It was never said anyone couldn't; just that Goku couldn't.
That's not a plot hole; you can call it out of character if you want, but plot hole it is not.
Yes. It isn't huge because it was like a 10 second gag with no big implications in the plot like Cell's regen for example.
Not a plot hole, it was always said you needed a body to be resurrected back. Porunga specifically said he was feeling generous and that's why he restored Kuririn's body. Re-read that scene again.
You really need to learn what a plot hole is; you can call this out of character but not a plot hole.
Freeza said Gohan could take care of it all in an instant and the entire thousand man army fight lasted 10 seconds anyway.
Inconsistency if you wish.
Again, not a plot hole as it doesn't contradict anything, it was never stated you can't lose forms due to lack of training. You may not like it, I don't either, but it's not a plot hole.
Which, regardless of your opinion on them, are not plot holes either.
Considering you've only managed to name me one...
Last edited by Doctor. on Sun May 03, 2015 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

saunasolmu
Beyond Newbie

Post by saunasolmu » Sun May 03, 2015 9:39 am

Flame Dragon wrote: - 4 Months of training to reach God-level
Not a plot hole.
Not a plot hole. It was never stated that it would be impossible for everyone to reach that level via training.
Character acting differently than they before did isn't a plot hole.
Agreed.
They were trying not to kill them, hell, it was stated that they could obliterate them instantly if they felt. And they've never fought against 1,000 super powerful soldiers before so it's definitely not a plot hole.

A lot of your complaints are totally fair, but there's "only" 2 actual plot holes in the movie.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun May 03, 2015 9:44 am

saunasolmu wrote: but there's "only" 2 actual plot holes in the movie.
Just one. Shenlong reviving Freeza in pieces isn't a plot hole as needing a body to be resurrected was always a demand of the Dragon Balls. That's why everyone's body was saved back in the Daimao and the Saiyan arc and why Porunga said he felt generous and restored Kuririn's body. All those other times bodies were destroyed, like when Majin Vegeta killed people at the tournament or Earth blew up, you can blame it on the dragon feeling "generous" again or those are indeed legitimate inconsistencies. In the movie, it is not and people should be glad they remembered the rules.

JahSly90

Post by JahSly90 » Sun May 03, 2015 10:08 am

Whis told tien that freeza most likely survived since he could survive in space and not because he was more likable to survive the explosion. This alludes to vegeta not dying from the explosion but because of lack of air. It's the same thing freeza tried to do to goku on namek when he was losing. It would be hard to scale freeza's planet buster but since it killed buu, it definitely was one very powerful blast. To kill buu with a powerful explosion is very hard since he would be able to regenerate (even tanking his own explosions of planets) One would need to concentrate their ki and fully disintegrate him.