Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Noah » Thu May 07, 2015 11:58 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:Shuu was the one to ask the wish. Seems like money is more important for them, for now.
Third wish?! Yeah right and Sorbet and Tagoma would be sitting there, waiting for them having 2 wishes granted...
You don't know what plothole is, and seems like you didn't even realize that Pilaf trio is just comedy relief.
They're a comedy relief just in Piccolo Arc before then they're quite important villains

I'm not talking about RoF, I know that they made their wishes fast to not draw attention, but just for curiosity, only 2 wishes were made?
1- Bring back Freeza to pieces
2 - A bag of money

But now about BoG, doens't make any sense:
1- Youth
2- ???
3- ???

The f*ck?
Lord Beerus wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure he could. Nobody does comedy better in Dragon Ball than Toriyama. :P
TFS says hi
Dyno wrote:And by the way: THE BRAZILIAN VERSION OF THE TRAILER IS OUT! JUST WAITING FOR IT TO BE UPLOADED ON YOUTUBE/HD QUALITY! :clap:
I saw the the dub trailer a while ago, It was pretty impressive that they could keep the original VAs, the brazilian dub is one of the best around the world even better than Funimation.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu May 07, 2015 12:01 pm

Noah wrote:I'm not talking about RoF, I know that they made their wishes fast to not draw attention, but just for curiosity, only 2 wishes were made?
1- Bring back Freeza to pieces
2 - A bag of money
They're the 2 leftover wishes from the time they summoned Shenlong in BoG and asked him to tell them about SSJG.

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Thu May 07, 2015 12:15 pm

Noah wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure he could. Nobody does comedy better in Dragon Ball than Toriyama. :P
TFS says hi
Sense of humor is completely specific to the individual. I personally don't find TFS funny at all most of the time. That's not to say they've never made me laugh, though.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu May 07, 2015 12:19 pm

I don't find TFS funny either, and I'm a fan of their work. They're largely entertaining but I can count on one hand the amount of times they've made me actually laugh.

Then again, the same holds true to Dragon Ball humor, but I do giggle quite more often.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 07, 2015 12:22 pm

Noah wrote:
TFS says hi
I do find TFS funny, but Toriyama's humour in Dragon Ball has more charm to it.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu May 07, 2015 1:43 pm

One_Instance wrote:
Noah wrote:
TFS says hi
Sense of humor is completely specific to the individual.
I agree with this statement.

I side with TFS though. I hardly ever laugh real hard with any joke from the manga, anime, movies, or whatever. Ironically the dub only line by Pilaf was funnier than anything in the original Battle of Gods. I don't really find Toriyama to be charming, just kinda easy with humour. TFS I never usually predict and anything they say can become a huge trend. Even their dumbest of jokes can trend. Toriyama can make me laugh, but rarely ever in such a good way that I have to stop an entire video just to keep laughing.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Thu May 07, 2015 3:22 pm

I'd want Dragon Ball to have more dirty humor. Something like Gintama I guess, or maybe Dr. Slump. More breaking the 4th wall and dick jokes :lol:
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Thu May 07, 2015 3:36 pm

Actually,you dont need to ask for all the wishes.You can just ask for one and the dragon disappears even if there r still some left.

Now how many wishes could the dragon grant?Wasnt it 2?

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Thu May 07, 2015 3:45 pm

buutenks wrote:Actually, you don't need to ask for all the wishes. You can just ask for one and the dragon disappears even if there are still some left.

Now how many wishes could the dragon grant? Wasn't it 2?
He gives you three wishes, unless if reviving a large amount people he could only grant two because Dende wasn't powerful enough for him to always grant you three.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Thu May 07, 2015 3:47 pm

One_Instance wrote:
buutenks wrote:Actually, you don't need to ask for all the wishes. You can just ask for one and the dragon disappears even if there are still some left.

He gives you three wishes, unless if reviving a large amount people he could only grant two because Dende wasn't powerful enough for him to always grant you three.
Aha,so i guess sorbet didnt knew the dragon could grant 3 wishes then?

Or maybe due to freeza's opiness the wishes got reduced to 2 only hehe

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu May 07, 2015 4:00 pm

buutenks wrote:
One_Instance wrote:

Aha,so i guess sorbet didnt knew the dragon could grant 3 wishes then?

Or maybe due to freeza's opiness the wishes got reduced to 2 only hehe
It's only 2 because one wish was already granted in BoG.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu May 07, 2015 4:10 pm

Until a guide chimes in on the matter or something, it is completely debatable whether the story he told us in Battle of Gods counts as a wish or not.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu May 07, 2015 4:12 pm

Why wouldn't it? Regardless of whether or not Shenlong was scared of Beerus, he never left before a wish was granted.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Thu May 07, 2015 4:13 pm

Doctor. wrote:It's only 2 because one wish was already granted in BoG.
Ah i see,makes sense
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Until a guide chimes in on the matter or something, it is completely debatable whether the story he told us in Battle of Gods counts as a wish or not.
Well,i guess goku wished for knowledge on the subject of super saiyan.Though he definitely didnt word it like that.

Though i wonder how does shenlong know about super saiyan god and beerus and so on.Makes no sense.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu May 07, 2015 4:20 pm

Doctor. wrote:Why wouldn't it? Regardless of whether or not Shenlong was scared of Beerus, he never left before a wish was granted.
Toriyama has been tweaking things to the story with BOG, F, interviews, etc. Just because he never left before a wish was granted prior to these events doesn't mean that he can't, or didn't.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Thu May 07, 2015 4:22 pm

Shenlong might be the "history" in person, or rather, in dragon. Everything that happened in the seventh Universe since he was created he "stored" into himself. Or Shenlong might be omniscient, I guess.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu May 07, 2015 4:52 pm

Just watched more leaked scenes (almost watched the entire movie already)

-Gohan, Videl and Piccolo-
Good scene. Piccolo rocking that cradle was fun to see.
Can't still get over the fact how anorectic Gohan looks in this movie. He was perfectly drawn on BOG.
What the?! He's the only one I think its off model.

-Goku and vegeta vs Whis fight scene-
Cool but nothing impressive. I loved the manga version much more.

-Krillin Cop and family's moment-
So much awesomeness. One of my favourite scenes of this movie, so far.
They are best the Krillin scenes in any movie without a doubt and two of my favourite scenes that he ever had.

"Toriyama, If you gonna make Krillin a cop, you have to do a scene with that" Just loved it. The "We Are" was a beautiful shot out to Tanaka.

And his scene with Lazuli was great too. Now I understand Tanaka comment when she said Krillin became a great family men. I didn't even got pissed for Marron don't freaking grow up (well, just a little).

Its incredible how a simple scene showing a wife shaving her husband hair, made me happy. Never see these little things in other animes.
I love how Toriyama can make beautiful scenes between couples without using ecchi or drama.

Forever the number one, Tori! God bless, you! :thumbup:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Thu May 07, 2015 6:57 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Just watched more leaked scenes (almost watched the entire movie already)

-Gohan, Videl and Piccolo-
Good scene. Piccolo rocking that cradle was fun to see.
Can't still get over the fact how anorectic Gohan looks in this movie. He was perfectly drawn on BOG.
What the?! He's the only one I think its off model.

-Goku and vegeta vs Whis fight scene-
Cool but nothing impressive. I loved the manga version much more.

-Krillin Cop and family's moment-
So much awesomeness. One of my favourite scenes of this movie, so far.
They are best the Krillin scenes in any movie without a doubt and two of my favourite scenes that he ever had.

"Toriyama, If you gonna make Krillin a cop, you have to do a scene with that" Just loved it. The "We Are" was a beautiful shot out to Tanaka.

And his scene with Lazuli was great too. Now I understand Tanaka comment when she said Krillin became a great family men. I didn't even got pissed for Marron don't freaking grow up (well, just a little).

Its incredible how a simple scene showing a wife shaving her husband hair, made me happy. Never see these little things in other animes.
I love how Toriyama can make beautiful scenes between couples without using ecchi or drama.

Forever the number one, Tori! God bless, you! :thumbup:
Marron is as tall as her 3 year old self. Here she is 8 years old(Kid Trunks age) and she hasn't grown an inch.
Dragon Ball Heroes God Mission = Best sets of missions so far

Super Saiyan 4 Gohan FTW!!

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu May 07, 2015 7:02 pm

Dyno wrote:Shenlong might be the "history" in person, or rather, in dragon. Everything that happened in the seventh Universe since he was created he "stored" into himself. Or Shenlong might be omniscient, I guess.
I thought of it more like if someone makes a wish and it's not beyond his power, he just makes the wish materialize. In this case, he just makes the knowledge materialize. So if, for example, someone asked Shenron how many fingers they were holding up behind their back he woudn't know, but if they wished for him to tell them he would know (would be the biggest waste of a wish ever, though).
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Fri May 08, 2015 1:39 am

The soundtrack should be out by now, is there any page I can preview the tracks?. I can't seem to find the album on itunes (And as far as I know, BoG ost was released on itunes) I hope there's anyway to buy them digitally. :P
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.