What haven't you seen?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

samuraix123
I Live Here

What haven't you seen?

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:38 pm

Hello everyone! I'm just curious what everyone has and has not seen about the series. as far I know I own and have seen everything related to the series. I know a few friends on here that are actually waiting before they watch Battle of Gods until Funimation releases it dubbed. but is there some stuff you refuse to watch? I know GT gets a-lot of hate and I'm sure some out there may not ever have a desire to see it. also if anyone hasn't seen the original series, please watch it! it's so awesome! :)
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

thomas1up
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: What haven't you seen?

Post by thomas1up » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:41 pm

There's quite a lot of Dragon Ball content I haven't seen actually!

I haven't seen GT because of all the.... things I hear about it, I haven't seen the Episode of Bardock OVA either.

Speaking of Bardock I haven't read Minus yet but considering the forums reaction to it I think I'm better off keeping the special as my head cannon :lol:

I haven't seen any of the Dragon Ball Movies and I've seen every DBZ movie except for Movie 12.

It's not so much that I refuse to watch or read these (except for GT and Minus) but more that I'm lazy lol
thomas1up are fuckin terrible and need to fuck off asap all the other noobs are decent thouhg
-Anon-Kun 2014 <3

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:43 pm

Pretty much the middle 60% or so of Dragon Ball GT. I think that's about it.

One day. I promise. One day.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:49 pm

I believe the only things I've yet to bother to watch are Movie 7 (Extreme Battle! The Three Great Super Saiyans ) and Movie 11 (Super Warrior Defeat!! I'll Be The Winner). I don't really know exactly why I haven't seen them. I just...don't really have any motivation to sit down and watch them.

Movie 7 has zero appeal to me and I'm so done with Broli at this point that I don't think I could physically handle sitting through another film featuring him. Especially considering how absolutely absurd the plot is - not to mention the fact he looks like a Scooby-Doo villain this time.

I imagine GT is going to come up time and time again in this thread. It's a shame so many people will ignore that series based on the opinions of others alone. It's worth a watch just for the ending two episodes! It isn't all bad anyway. It's just kinda tedious at times.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:51 pm

I've never seen Bio-Broly before because I heard that the movie sucked. I also never watched any of the Dragon Ball movies.
Last edited by JEFFMAN219 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:55 pm

1) Dragon Ball Z: Year-End Special (couldn't bother watching it with such crap quality on YouTube)
2) Dragon Ball Z: Summer Vacation Special (I've got it subbed but feels like I already seen that due to being bits and pieces of DB + Z)
3) Dragon Ball Z: Gaiden Earth & Universe (not subbed and it's really loooong)
4) Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (come on FUNimation get the darn thing on Blu-ray)

I think this is it for now.
I've never seen Bio-Broly before because I heard that the movie sucked.
All the Broli films are trash but the Bio-Broli is actually my favourite of the three because Broli isn't constantly screaming or being annoying.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:05 pm

There's some Dragon Ball TV specials like Goku's Traffic Safety, Goku's Fire Brigade, The Summer Vacation Special and the Looking Back at it All: The Dragon Ball Z Year-End Show!. Those TV specials look stupid and a total waste of time. They never been sub and I rarely watch things RAW.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:07 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:I believe the only things I've yet to bother to watch are Movie 7 (Extreme Battle! The Three Great Super Saiyans ) and Movie 11 (Super Warrior Defeat!! I'll Be The Winner). I don't really know exactly why I haven't seen them. I just...don't really have any motivation to sit down and watch them.

Movie 7 has zero appeal to me and I'm so done with Broli at this point that I don't think I could physically handle sitting through another film featuring him. Especially considering how absolutely absurd the plot is - not to mention the fact he looks like a Scooby-Doo villain this time.

I imagine GT is going to come up time and time again in this thread. It's a shame so many people will ignore that series based on the opinions of others alone. It's worth a watch just for the ending two episodes! It isn't all bad anyway. It's just kinda tedious at times.
100% Agree with this, GT had a great ending & honestly as much as I dislike GT I'm glad it existed just for the ending.

Bio-broly, I suggest folks only watch if you want to see Goten/Trunks. Other then that it is a pretty awful movie.

As for me, I'm currently making my way through the original DB (up to the point where he goes to that demon realm and rescues that princess) but I might hold off and buy the banana bricks once I finish collected Z. And watch DB from the beginning again.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:15 pm

I already watched everything (GT, movies and OVAS included)
Started reading manga this year with the full color volumes.

Just a tip for some people,
Dont judge anything by others opinion. Never. GT and most recently BOG are both underated because of people like that.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:19 pm

Anything that I haven't seen has got to be fairly obscure and just not readily available. Like a lot of the Dragon Ball Live shows, animated commercials that may not have been on the Dragon Boxes, etc.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:51 pm

Barring both the Chinese live action movie and that one Taiwanese one...I've pretty much seen it all, at least twice for a good majority of it too (at the very least once dubbed, and once subbed). The only stuff I haven't really seen is the supplemental stuff, like Heroes trailers, that movie overview special thing (just haven't been able to muster up the energy to bother with that one), older video game openings, stuff like that.

Oh, well and then there's Kai. I haven't seen any Boo arc Kai yet really, and I've only seen the TV edited dubbed version of anything that's in 'Season Four'. I've never seen any of it subbed either, not even the first episode (though I did see it raw).
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:53 pm

I havent seen any of the Dragonball films besides Path to Power and I haven't seen Plan to Eradicate The Super Saiyans or A Hero's Legacy.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:10 pm

Never seen:
*The last 50 or so episodes of Dragonball Z (the last one I've seen is the one where Boo arrives at God's palace).
*Dragonball GT episode 8+
*The GT TV special
*Plan to Destroy the Saiyans
*Plan to Destroy the Super Saiyans
*Evolution

I think that's it?
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:13 pm

Hmm, most of the things I haven't seen are rare, Japanese-exclusive special stuff, like the traffic lesson or something, or other things like that.

I haven't seen all of Z and have forgotten about a lot of it (it must have been 20 years since I watched it on TV as a kid)! Back then, I had seen all of it from Cell's perfect form to the end, and glimpses of previous stuff through reruns. But I've really, deeply forgotten most of it, so even watching Kai feels 95% like all-new to me, it's hard to believe when I remember I've seen ALL of the Boo arc in Z, and yet it's very rare that something even remotely strikes me as something I've ever seen before when watching Kai.

It would be impossible for me to watch Z nowadays (I watch and truly enjoy the update Kai instead, that removes all the things that bothered me), but I did recently wanted to watch at least the "extra filler adventures", and did watch the filler adventures from the Saiyan arc in subtitled Japanese, waiting to see other filler adventures. Seeing the Other World Tenkaichi Budokai is of no interest to me though, because I will get to see it with the Anime Comics with the best French translation possible.

Other than that, never saw much of the Dragon Ball anime, so there's a certain thread around here that is very useful to me to find out about those step by step. :wink:
Oh, and I've seen only about the latter half of Evolution (randomly stumbling on it on TV), but that latter half didn't make me feel like I was missing something big if I never watched the beginning.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:24 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:I already watched everything (GT, movies and OVAS included)
Started reading manga this year with the full color volumes.

Just a tip for some people,
Dont judge anything by others opinion. Never. GT and most recently BOG are both underated because of people like that.
I will probably make a new thread that focuses specifically on Dragon Ball GT at some point soon. There are so much positives that tend to be overlooked by many people as well as those who never saw but followed the opinion of other people.
VegettoEX wrote:Pretty much the middle 60% or so of Dragon Ball GT. I think that's about it.

One day. I promise. One day.
I remember you once said that you had no intention of watching Red Ribbon Army arc. Have you had a change of heart and decided to get over with it? Or did I misunderstand by what you said?
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:30 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Anything that I haven't seen has got to be fairly obscure and just not readily available. Like a lot of the Dragon Ball Live shows, animated commercials that may not have been on the Dragon Boxes, etc.
You ever see the tournament of famous Japanese characters in history that was done by Toei? Goku makes a guest appearance and commentates with the announcer.

EDIT - Found it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUlH6Mxhar0
Last edited by KentalSSJ6 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:33 pm

Not entirely sure if this is the kind of answer you're looking for but following on from what I said before -

I've never seen Dragon Ball dubbed nor the entirety of Z. I watched the Ocean/Westwood dub from the Saiyan arc to midway through the Boo arc and then the franchise faded from my life for a few years. You know, being a moody teenager who was 'too cool' for Dragon Ball and was more interested in his 'edgy' anime.

Never seen any of the movies dubbed outside of the first three Ocean ones. Never seen GT dubbed except for the first episode either!

It's strange that I'm only really nostalgic for Peter Kelamis, Scott McNeil and Brian Drummond. Everyone else I can take or leave, pretty much.

For something that was such a huge part of my life as a kid, I really have almost no emotional attachment to that cast. It's so strange to think about!

At the same time, I think it's kinda cool. It means I can be mostly unbiased when I judge something don't have to fear for nostalgia getting in the way.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:39 pm

I just have seen the Summer Vacation special, so the only thing that i didn't watch is the Korean live action movie,
and the Korean live action Crossover. Because i can't get enough motivation to watch it more than 10 min.

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:05 pm

Of all the animated stuff, I only haven't seen Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle and Mystical Adventure. I'll watch those some day, hopefully.

jpdbzrulz4sure
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by jpdbzrulz4sure » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:25 pm

I haven't seen the original Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans, or any live-action Dragon Ball movies.

That's about all I've got off the top of my head.
-Joey