Dragon Ball Costumes or Halloween Stories

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheKingOfKamehamehas
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Dragon Ball Costumes or Halloween Stories

Post by TheKingOfKamehamehas » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:19 pm

Since it is Halloween, I thought it would be pretty cool to share some costumes or stories of Halloween. I haven't actually had any...
JacobYBM wrote:Art is subjective but boobies are forever.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Dragon Ball Costumes or Halloween Stories

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:57 pm

I almost dress up as Vegeta back in 2001, but the wig on me look awful. I end up dressing up as one of the Ape overlord from the Planet of the Apes remake instead.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:29 pm

Dressed up as Goten when I was in 6th grade... Mom hooked me up with some orange fabrics and I just wore my sweater from gym class underneath to get the undershirt. Pretty easily pulled off... except Goten's not black Lmao.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:59 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:Dressed up as Goten when I was in 6th grade... Mom hooked me up with some orange fabrics and I just wore my sweater from gym class underneath to get the undershirt. Pretty easily pulled off... except Goten's not black Lmao.
Did people ever confuse you as Goku :lol:
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:28 pm

Somewhere on this site is pics of my friend and I dressed as Tien and Yamcha respectively for Halloween, only cuz he's bald and I have long hair.
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

IAmTheMilkMan
Beyond Newbie

Post by IAmTheMilkMan » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:15 am

I carved this Kid Buu pumpkin two years ago. Outside of that, I've been slowly trying to put together a Future Trunks costume that I can use one year for Halloween. Still need quite a few items, but I have the jacket and Capsule Corp patch. I'm going to try to acquire green contact lenses so that I can just call myself Super Saiyan and avoid having to dye my hair (I'm blond).
aka TheMilkmanConspiracy on IFDB
aka WhereIsTheMilkman elsewhere

the_abberration
Regular

Post by the_abberration » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:43 pm

True Story Of My Life

One time I dressed as Goku for a Halloween costume party. The party was majority adults, with few children. A few of the guesses as to whom or what I was dressed as, ranged from a candle to boxing promoter Don King. Finally as kid shouts out "It's Goku!", to which his father remarks, "What's a Goku?"
1 Corinthians 13: When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Except the anime. Never the anime.

"Look. I'm not allowed to hold you, but I'm sworn to protect you"-Sergeant Hatred

The Lineup: Danger Mouse

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:57 pm

Julian re-tweeted that Toshio Fuwukawa, Piccolo's VA, is going as Piccolo this year.
Furukawa's costume: https://mobile.twitter.com/TOSHIO_FURUK ... 2139820032

Can you imagine? You think it's just a regular costumed person, but then Piccolo's actual voice comes out.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:07 pm

IAmTheMilkMan wrote:I carved this Kid Buu pumpkin two years ago. Outside of that, I've been slowly trying to put together a Future Trunks costume that I can use one year for Halloween. Still need quite a few items, but I have the jacket and Capsule Corp patch. I'm going to try to acquire green contact lenses so that I can just call myself Super Saiyan and avoid having to dye my hair (I'm blond).
Sweet. I love this.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:09 pm

Chuquita wrote:Julian re-tweeted that Toshio Fuwukawa, Piccolo's VA, is going as Piccolo this year.
Furukawa's costume: https://mobile.twitter.com/TOSHIO_FURUK ... 2139820032

Can you imagine? You think it's just a regular costumed person, but then Piccolo's actual voice comes out.
I love it. I wish I had a Piccolo mask like that.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:52 pm

Today, there was a girl at my college dressed up as Vegeta. Her costume was similar to the girl in this cosplay: http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2013/ ... eta-02.jpg

It was funny because as she was walking by where I was, there was a group of 5 to 10 guys walking the other way. 4 or 5 of them turned their heads to look at her as she walked by. :lol:

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:07 pm

Shiyonasan wrote:Today, there was a girl at my college dressed up as Vegeta. Her costume was similar to the girl in this cosplay: http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2013/ ... eta-02.jpg

It was funny because as she was walking by where I was, there was a group of 5 to 10 guys walking the other way. 4 or 5 of them turned their heads to look at her as she walked by. :lol:
I'd look too, that's wifey right there lol.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:15 am

I'm surprised that there's not been done The Walking Dead Zee, where Dragon Ball characters are turned into walkers (Kuririn, Yamucha, Vegeta, Ten, Freeza, Cell, Majin Boo, Mr. Satan, Chaozu, Gyumao, Grandpa Gohan, Gohan, Piccolo, Piccolo Daimao, Omega Shen Long, Pilaf, Shoo, Captain Ginyu, etc) and the hero who'd defeat them all would be none other than Super Saiyan God Goku in order to bring peace to Earth again and lay the dead to where they belong.

Toei's really missing out on not doing an OVA/Special of "Dragon Ball: The Walking Dead Edition".
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray