DBGT single DVD's help

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super 17
Regular

DBGT single DVD's help

Post by Super 17 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:13 am

Moviestop by my city has all the DBGT single DVD's used. They said it should work perfectly. Now with all 20 volumes, should I trade my both remastered DBGT season 1 and 2, plus my DBZ season 1, for all those singles? It's gonna be around like 100 dollars for all those. Which is not bad I believe. What do you guys think?

Also, I am very picky about openings and endings, next episode previews, and DBGT season 1 and 2, seem to fuck all that up, but the remaster versions do look nicer and also non cropped.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Re: DBGT single DVD's help

Post by LordCrumb » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:28 am

Super 17 wrote:Moviestop by my city has all the DBGT single DVD's used. They said it should work perfectly. Now with all 20 volumes, should I trade my both remastered DBGT season 1 and 2, plus my DBZ season 1, for all those singles? It's gonna be around like 100 dollars for all those. Which is not bad I believe. What do you guys think?

Also, I am very picky about openings and endings, next episode previews, and DBGT season 1 and 2, seem to fuck all that up, but the remaster versions do look nicer and also non cropped.
The singles look better than the Green Bricks.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =7&t=18525 Scroll down for samples.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:31 am

singles are pretty good but do have compression like the dragon ball singles

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:50 am

In stills they look good, but any time things start moving, the compression becomes ridiculous.

Here's an example:

Green Brick:

Single:

I bought 3 GT singles, mostly for putting together high quality camera pans, and the encoding really was as terrible as I have heard. I now prefer the Green Bricks overall for their superior encoding.

That aside, $100 for the complete singles seems pretty steep. You could probably get them all separately for cheaper on eBay and Amazon. Especially if you can find small lots for good prices.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:55 am

Season Sets are WAY cheaper. I'm getting the Complete Series set for no more than $33 on Amazon. However, they lack NEPs.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

SupremeSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by SupremeSSJ » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:49 am

I would rather have the singles cuz its complete with Japanese title cards and NEP. This is coming from a person who has owned the green bricks to. Its all on what u want, I traded the green bricks and went for the complete singles just because we might not get the Dragon Box GT with sub, you might be able to get them cheaper look around first, but if they are in good shape at your movie stop then grab a couple you might get bad disc from eBay sellers(because of how old they are) that's what happened to me with the first 5 singles( lost episodes) had to rebuy them.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:57 pm

Valerius Dover wrote:However, they lack NEPs.
Also the original GT logo and the Japanese credits.

These screenshot stills are from the GT Singles but if you didn't know you'd assume they were from the Dragon Box GT. :P
Btw, the full GT Singles consist of 21 volumes which includes the TV Special although it is sold separately.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray