Just read EX's update about no Live-Action Movie!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Just read EX's update about no Live-Action Movie!

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:25 pm

I don't know how many others have seen it but, apparently, well Fox isn't making a movie! I'm soooooo happy!!! I really hope things stay this way!!! :D

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:34 pm

Heh. Yeah, it's great news. I didn't really care what actors they could find, it's better if they don't do such a thing.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:53 pm

Yeah, I'm just happy about it for the same reason. I was already in the mindset that the movie was going to be made, I personally wasn't going to pay any attention to it. I'll still feel that way if things change and one does get made. I just didn't like it because as I've stated before, it will just make DB even more misjudged and looked down on. Besides which, you just know it wouldn't be a pretty thing.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:59 pm

You know, given the right actors, director, etc., it maybe, just maybe, could have been decent...

Anyway, how come Fox says they aren't but Funimation still says they are?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:29 pm

Who knows? EX hasn't said that it's definitely not going to happen, just that from the looks of things, it seems there will be no movie. Plus, don't forget, early on, Funimation's own president didn't even know what the real plot was for GT even when they had the rights to it. I think it was Pancakes who actually posted the article showing this in one of the posts on this forum. They are also the company that messed up on being incorrectly quoted as having the rights to One Piece, when they were just interested in bidding on them in reality. Although, the latest rumors are now saying they do again along with Full Metal Alchemist. Sheesh! So, I wouldn't be suprised if Funimation was also in the dark about this. :?

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:24 am

I'm so thrilled this movie is (likely) not happening.

Reason being I've been an in theatre witness to such disasters as Super Mario Brothers and Street Fighter, I just could not imagine any possible way it would of turned out good.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:44 am

Oh Lord! Super Mario Bros.! I'm still trying to figure out what that was! John Leguizamo should be ashamed that his first movie role was in that thing. I think I'd collect all the masters and copies and burn them! :D

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:42 am

the SMB moivie was fun in a silly way. Still I'm glad if this is true, I was convinced the second a live action Super Saiyan scene occured the world would explode :P
-Laserkid

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:22 pm

I could just imagine casual martial arts-movie fans going to see it...

(Goku begins powering up)
"What the Hell is he doing, shitting his pants?"
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Mochi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mochi » Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:49 pm

The S wrote:I could just imagine casual martial arts-movie fans going to see it...

(Goku begins powering up)
"What the Hell is he doing, shitting his pants?"
Hee hee hee... My little cousins say, "Look! He's pooping!" when ever they power up XD. I don't see how they could make a live action movie, anyways. The hair is just impossible. O_o
Yes... I am... but you don't know that...

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:46 pm

no, its possible, its called CGI.
-Laserkid

Keithito

Post by Keithito » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:06 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:Yeah, I'm just happy about it for the same reason. I was already in the mindset that the movie was going to be made, I personally wasn't going to pay any attention to it. I'll still feel that way if things change and one does get made. I just didn't like it because as I've stated before, it will just make DB even more misjudged and looked down on. Besides which, you just know it wouldn't be a pretty thing.
Yeah I totally agree, I have so many friends who like anime but absolutley hate Dragonball just because of what has been done to it. And a movie like that would just make the situation worse.
ALL SHALL BOW BEFORE THE POWER OF THE MUFFINS!!! and oh yeah, the ... eh

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:43 pm

What are their names? I'll burn them. :twisted:

But seriously, even if they do a great job, it's still not going to help raise the popularity of DBZ for all of those DBZ haters. I hate them so...

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by tablet the eunuch » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:28 pm

Put down the hate, it doesn't do any good :)

This whole movie thing was a bad idea to start off with, atleast right now it is. What happens with these things is that they wait around 20+ years, until all the grown up kids have their own money and stuff, and then make it appeal not only to their nostalgia, but also to their kids too.

As for people who don't like Dragonball, hey, that's fine. If you don't like it due to what "Big, Bad Funimation" has done, get over it :). If they just don't like it, I doubt saying over and over "watch it subbed" would help. But ya never know

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:45 pm

Good points. Well, I don't hate the people, I hate the group. At least in my eyes, that's okay. Some people just don't like it, I don't mind that. But when they go out of their way to insult people who do like it, or just run around everywhere insulting the anime, I go out of my way to hunt them :twisted: .

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:01 pm

What I hate isn't people who hate DB/Z

I hate people who decide to look down on people who DO like it, because its just really annoying. Them and people who hate DB/Z but have never even SEEN it at all in any way shape or form.
-Laserkid

Mattias
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mattias » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:37 pm

It's bad enough that Toriyama smokes. What does FOX want to do, have his product forced through such torment that it makes him an alcoholic?!

This is more good news than anything...as has been stated already by everybody here. Who wants pie?
[i]"Well, Diane, I'm sure you and your brother are devistated for the two-headed monster that could have been,"[/i] ~ Tom Tucker.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:42 pm

what KIND of pie?

is it mudpies MADE FROM PEOPLE?! THEY'RE PEOPLE! ((MAD props to anyone who gets the source from this, not the movie source, the parody that I'm quoting exactly))
-Laserkid

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:47 pm

I need to watch more parodies.

Yeah, Mattias and Keithito have to have some sort of Muffin vs. Pie war. And as soon as I can find the Jello guy, throw him in there too. Seriously, it's like you were all born to defend a certain food. To the death. With hilarious results!

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:56 pm

Oh, you mean Dai! The Jello guy! Well, I agree with Laserkid's opinion. I don't have a problem with people who don't care for DB. Everybody has different tastes, it's the ones who are the anime snobs that look down on it or any other anime and the people that are into it. I see some much of that bloody crap and I think it's just really sad. It falls into that same kind of category of ugly fandom that VegettoEX doesn't want here. And I'm glad because it makes this forum a really swell and fun place to be. :D