Original DB themes and cuts to DB movie 1 - what are they?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Amiable-Akuma
Not-So-Newbie

Original DB themes and cuts to DB movie 1 - what are they?

Post by Amiable-Akuma » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:36 pm

Hi, I'm curious about the following two things regarding the original DB series:

1. I know when the animations change for the opening and closing themes (thanks to this site) but what are those changes - and more importantly is there a way for me to see those (the animations that don't exist in the Funi R1 sets) that doesn't involve buying the DB Dragon Box?

2. What are the cuts that have been made to "Curse of the Blood Rubies"? There wouldn't be some somewhat detailed listing of the cuts a la the "DBZ Uncensored" site's evaluations, would there? Has anybody ever gone through and figured this out?

Thanks...

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:51 pm

I've never gotten to see The Legend of Shenlong (Curse of the Blood Rubies) in Japanese, but http://www.retrojunk.com/details_tvshow ... agon-ball/ has OP 1 (intro 5), OP 2 (intro 6), ED 1 (intro 7), & ED 4 (intro eight). It also has Harmony Gold's dub OP (intro 1), FUNimation's 1995 dub OP (intro 3), FUNimation's 2001 dub OP (intro 2), & FUNimation's 2001 dub ED (intro 4).

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:01 pm

I've only seen it in English a few years ago, but I remember it saying that Oolong "flunked out" of Shapeshifting school.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:31 am

Something I realized when watching this dub a while ago, when Oolong falls down on the mountain ground after detransforming (this is right before Yamcha shows up), listen to Oolong's VA carefully and you'll hear him slip a silent "Damn". Very odd, yet pretty cool.
14 years later