What phrases/opinions/things bring out your irate fanboy?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mystic Tien
Regular

Re: What phrases/opinions/things bring out your irate fanboy

Post by Mystic Tien » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:48 am

Kuririn Fan wrote:
Ree wrote:I agree about the Krillin part. I think TFS is to blame for that, they made that popular with their owned count and now every "filthy casual" thinks he's funny when he says some "krillin is useless and always gets owned" joke.

Yamcha got it the worst :(
Not to be rude or anything but he kinda deserves it. His only win was from original Dragon Ball against Invisible Man with the help of Bulma's boobs.
Well, if he deserves it, then some other people deserve it even more. Like Bardock for example. Who important he defeated once again? There are also non-fighters, or not exactly strong fighters, like Bulma, Chi-Chi and Videl. Heck, Future Trunks didn't defeat anyone besides King Cold and Frieza in the present timeline (especially the one who was killed in future by Cell, and never had a chance to defeat Androids with his own strength). Goten and Trunks (both separate and while being in fusion) didn't defeat anyone particularly strong. They didn't defeat 18, they lost to Buu. And that is pretty much it. Some of them are not even humans, yet they don't get overhated, and Yamcha does. Speaking of Krillin, who exactly did he defeat besides Chiaotzu? He lost to Roshi, never defeated Tien and Yamcha, lost to General Blue, lost to Nappa, and pretty much anyone else. The only others (besides random fodders who Yamcha also beat) persons who he defeated besides Chiaotzu, which I may remember, are Saibamen. And they were also fodders in the Saiyan Saga. So doesn't quite sound as a worth defeat for me. Well, there is always Bacterian of course. Speaking of Roshi himself. He won against Werewolf guy, Yamcha, Goku and Krillin. He lost (or gave up) against anyone else. Mutaito lost to Piccolo Daimao, and that's all. Chiaotzu never won a single (important) fight in the series. Yajirobe only killed Cymbal. Vegeta lost so many times, and didn't defeat a single major villain. Lunch didn't defeat anyone. Kaioshin... Well, don't think I need to say anything here. Kaio never even fought, the same for all other Kaios and Dai Kaio. Misters Satan... Well, yeah, obvious. Karin? No one. Dende? No one. Android 16? No one. Yet again, the only one who is overhated so much is Yamcha. Makes no sense for me.
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:55 am

Mystic Tien wrote:
Kuririn Fan wrote:
Ree wrote:I agree about the Krillin part. I think TFS is to blame for that, they made that popular with their owned count and now every "filthy casual" thinks he's funny when he says some "krillin is useless and always gets owned" joke.

Yamcha got it the worst :(
Not to be rude or anything but he kinda deserves it. His only win was from original Dragon Ball against Invisible Man with the help of Bulma's boobs.
Well, if he deserves it, then some other people deserve it even more. Like Bardock for example. Who important he defeated once again? There are also non-fighters, or not exactly strong fighters, like Bulma, Chi-Chi and Videl. Heck, Future Trunks didn't defeat anyone besides King Cold and Freeza in the present timeline (especially the one who was killed in future by Cell, and never had a chance to defeat Androids with his own strength). Goten and Trunks (both separate and while being in fusion) didn't defeat anyone particularly strong. They didn't defeat 18, they lost to Buu. And that is pretty much it. Some of them are not even humans, yet they don't get overhated, and Yamcha does. Speaking of Krillin, who exactly did he defeat besides Chiaotzu? He lost to Roshi, never defeated Tenshinhan and Yamcha, lost to General Blue, lost to Nappa, and pretty much anyone else. The only others (besides random fodders who Yamcha also beat) persons who he defeated besides Chiaotzu, which I may remember, are Saibamen. And they were also fodders in the Saiyan Saga. So doesn't quite sound as a worth defeat for me. Well, there is always Bacterian of course. Speaking of Roshi himself. He won against Werewolf guy, Yamcha, Goku and Krillin. He lost (or gave up) against anyone else. Mutaito lost to Piccolo Daimao, and that's all. Chiaotzu never won a single (important) fight in the series. Yajirobe only killed Cymbal. Vegeta lost so many times, and didn't defeat a single major villain. Lunch didn't defeat anyone. Kaioshin... Well, don't think I need to say anything here. Kaio never even fought, the same for all other Kaios and Dai Kaio. Misters Satan... Well, yeah, obvious. Karin? No one. Dende? No one. Android 16? No one. Yet again, the only one who is overhated so much is Yamcha. Makes no sense for me.
Bardock's character is treated seriously in the series. Is not about power. Tenshinhan isn't much better than Yamcha in terms of power but the series actually treats Tenshinhan seriously, while it hardly does regarding Yamcha.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:00 am

Krillin has always been treated as a joke. Remember when everyone was charging in against Dr. Wheelo, and Krillin joined, only to be swept aside? Or the time he went in against an old Lord Slug, only to be one-shotted? Or when he got peed on by Gohan in the Garlic Jr saga? Or how he froze in comedic fear at the sight of Dr. Gero's decapitated head and 17 pointing at him to come over. This is what started the "Krillin is weak" trend, not TFS. TFS merely played along with that. I don't understand how people can't see that. Fans have been making Krillin jokes way before that parody was a thing.

Yamcha was exactly the same in DB. The guy got headbutted in the nuts, for Kami's sake.
Last edited by fadeddreams5 on Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:01 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:Krillin has always been treated as a joke. Remember when everyone was charging in against Dr. Wheelo, and Krillin joined, only to be swept aside? Or the time he went in against an old Lord Slug, only to be one-shotted? Or when he got peed on by Gohan in the Garlic Jr saga? Or how he froze in comedic fear at the sight of Dr. Gero's decapitated head and 17 pointing at him to come over. This is what started the "Krillin is weak" trend, not TFS. TFS merely played along with that. I don't understand how people can't see that.

Yamcha was exactly the same in DB. The guy got headbutted in the nuts, for Kami's sake.
All of those examples are movies and filler. Yamcha is treated like shit in canon material.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:02 am

rereboy wrote: Bardock's character is treated seriously in the series. Is not about power. Tenshinhan isn't much better than Yamcha in terms of power but the series actually treats Tenshinhan seriously, while it hardly does regarding Yamcha.
That's because Tenshinhan has a technique which lets him hold off people much stronger than himself, and Yamcha doesn't, I personally think that Tien is stronger than Yamcha only because Yamcha stopped training, before that I deemed them as pretty equal, meaning being close, even if Tien had an edge. I still personally think that Tien should be stronger than Krillin, only because he always trains (while Krillin doesn't) and has Shin Kikoho, but the Word of God says otherwise, well, whatever.

By the way is it the reason why a lot of people hate and bash Gohan now, because no one treats him seriously in the new material? Heck... All of this started with Buu saga.

Besides Gotenks was also not treated seriously. Heck, a lot of people were not treated seriously in Buu saga, yet people only hate/dismiss Yamcha (and probably Krillin) that much)
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:03 am

Kuririn Fan wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:Krillin has always been treated as a joke. Remember when everyone was charging in against Dr. Wheelo, and Krillin joined, only to be swept aside? Or the time he went in against an old Lord Slug, only to be one-shotted? Or when he got peed on by Gohan in the Garlic Jr saga? Or how he froze in comedic fear at the sight of Dr. Gero's decapitated head and 17 pointing at him to come over. This is what started the "Krillin is weak" trend, not TFS. TFS merely played along with that. I don't understand how people can't see that.

All of those examples are movies and filler. Yamcha is treated like shit in canon material.
Filler and movies are part of the franchise, and Krillin happens to be in them. Few casual fans have even read the manga. Hell, I haven't.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:19 am

I always thought the "Kuririn is weak" thing was only shown once (in full-force, at least) in the manga, and that was when everyone was attacking #17 and #18 when Vegeta was defeated and he was too scared to move.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:26 am

Doctor. wrote:I always thought the "Kuririn is weak" thing was only shown once (in full-force, at least) in the manga, and that was when everyone was attacking #17 and #18 when Vegeta was defeated and he was too scared to move.
He was just being smart, he knew they were no match for 17 and 18. Still got that kiss from 18,tho :p

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:28 am

Kuririn Fan wrote:
Doctor. wrote:I always thought the "Kuririn is weak" thing was only shown once (in full-force, at least) in the manga, and that was when everyone was attacking #17 and #18 when Vegeta was defeated and he was too scared to move.
He was just being smart, he knew they were no match for 17 and 18. Still got that kiss from 18,tho :p
He wasn't being smart. He'd be smart if he was trying to form some kind of strategy, like trying to use his Kienzan while they were distracted, or use the Tayoken to blind them and take his friends out of there. He was literally too scared to move, the art makes this clear.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:31 am

Doctor. wrote:
Kuririn Fan wrote:
He wasn't being smart. He'd be smart if he was trying to form some kind of strategy, like trying to use his Kienzan while they were distracted, or use the Tayoken to blind them and take his friends out of there. He was literally too scared to move, the art makes this clear.
Ok, then he was being realistic. Also, taiyoken+kienzan is the most OP combo ever and Krillin would kill every villain and we sure can't have that, am i right?

Sayo-chan
Regular

Post by Sayo-chan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:34 am

Kuririn Fan wrote:Also, taiyoken+kienzan is the most OP combo ever and Krillin would kill every villain and we sure can't have that, am i right?
There's a number of villains that wouldn't be effective against. Cell, Boo and Janemba come to mind.
Most Dragon Ball fans are incapable of making a logically sound argument.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:36 am

Kuririn Fan wrote:Ok, then he was being realistic. Also, taiyoken+kienzan is the most OP combo ever and Krillin would kill every villain and we sure can't have that, am i right?
The fact that Kuririn is, probably, the most realistic character out of the entire series (in a show where people fly and shoot laser beams), along with Bulma I guess, is what makes him so 'hated'. Everyone else is a certified "badass" and people can't stand that he isn't one too.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:48 am

Doctor. wrote:
Kuririn Fan wrote:Ok, then he was being realistic. Also, taiyoken+kienzan is the most OP combo ever and Krillin would kill every villain and we sure can't have that, am i right?
The fact that Kuririn is, probably, the most realistic character out of the entire series (in a show where people fly and shoot laser beams), along with Bulma I guess, is what makes him so 'hated'. Everyone else is a certified "badass" and people can't stand that he isn't one too.
I would argue Gohan is too.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:25 pm

Doctor. wrote:
What about Bulma, Chi-Chi, Yajirobe, Chiaotzu? They are not badass.
Marco Polo wrote:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:28 pm

Mystic Tien wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
They all get hated on or ignored except Bulma cause she is and I quote *clears throat* "Shes like totally hawt dude!".
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Sayo-chan
Regular

Post by Sayo-chan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:29 pm

That sounds like something Sabat's Yamcha would say.
Most Dragon Ball fans are incapable of making a logically sound argument.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:37 pm

Mystic Tien wrote:
That's because Tenshinhan has a technique which lets him hold off people much stronger than himself, and Yamcha doesn't,
No, it isn't. There's plenty of manga volumes before the Cell arc and what I said about Yamcha and Tenshinhan is evident from their introduction onwards. And so is Krillin, btw, with his stunt of messing up his jump and all the subsequent shenanigans during Roshi's training and at the 21st tournament, during the red ribbon arc, in the fight with the vampire, etc.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:37 pm

Mystic Tien wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Please, just stop...
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:40 pm

It has nothing to do with being strong as I've already stated. Krillin simply isn't treated as seriously as other characters. Think of his stunt of messing up his jump at Roshi's feet when he is introduced... all the subsequent shenanigans during Roshi's training... at the 21st tournament... during the red ribbon arc... in the fight with the vampire, etc. He is not as bad as Yamcha, but clearly there's plenty of scenes where this is evident. He then gets to shine, in the 23rd tournament and then at the Saiyan arc and in Namek and android arcs (still with some humorous moments) but it's still there.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:12 pm

rereboy wrote:
No, it isn't. There's plenty of manga volumes before the Cell arc and what I said about Yamcha and Tenshinhan is evident from their introduction onwards. And so is Krillin, btw, with his stunt of messing up his jump and all the subsequent shenanigans during Roshi's training and at the 21st tournament, during the red ribbon arc, in the fight with the vampire, etc.
But what exactly could Tenshinhan do, if he didn't have Shin Kikoho? It was developed by him, but even before that, it was a pretty dangerous technique. Yamcha doesn't have that kind of technique, it may be argued that Krillin does, with him being able to cut Frieza's tail with Kienzan, while him being much weaker than Frieza, but Yamcha doesn't have a technique of this level.

Krillin defeated Chiaotzu though. And he was properly shown as Goku's rival, heck he even made a good match against Goku and Piccolo Jr.
DBZAOTA482 wrote: Please, just stop...
What is wrong?
Marco Polo wrote: