What would you like the focus of a third film's plot to be?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What would you like the focus of a third film's plot to

Post by Basaku » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:11 am

Let's see. Movie #3 needs to:

- provide appropirate pay-off for BOG and ROF
- wrap-up the trilogy in at least semi-conclusive way
- lead-in to EOZ and incorporate it
- lay the groundwork for post-EOC new movie/series

Not gonna be easy to satisfy me and I won't really buy any half-assing on 3rd one. 3rd one they HAVE to get just right and they can't avoid thinking of a bigger picture and allow themselves not to plan. Good luck Toei/Toriyama.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:27 am

Well, I don't care about details, that I leave to master Toriyama, but!
I would love some new brand new menacing villain. Beers was pretty nice, but not a villain.
Second thing, that the movie will be sequel to those two before :)

My idea, which a lot Saint Seiya-ish - they have power level of gods now, so if there will be some God, like Beers, that is not clearly evil, but has to do his duty as a god
and doesn't dare to strike down anyone who oposes him in his mission.
Last edited by MCDaveG on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

xJeffx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by xJeffx » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:30 am

An Ancient evil Saiyan king who was known as the strongest Saiyan in history was sealed away by the previous ssj god, his seal broke once Goku became ssj god. The evil Saiyan king heads to earth to defeat Goku and conquer earth.

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:43 am

Goku and Vegeta witness the 12 Gods of Destruction and their masters assemble for a summit of some sort, one of the Gods of Destruction unveil a plan to overthrow everyone and become the King/Lord/Master/Ruler of Destruction and throw everything into existence out of whack. As a demonstration of his power, he uses an attack that slowly destroys the core of the 7th universe and cause it's demise within a certain amount of time. To fix this, Whis reveals that the race Namekians descend from created a type of universal Dragon Balls, with a Shenron that's powerful enough to undo harm to the 7th universe. However, these Dragon Balls are of course scattered across the 12 universes. Locating the first one with the help of Whis in the 7th universe, Bulma develops a Dragon Radar for the universal Dragon Balls. Knowing they can't afford to travel across all 12 when the DBs will only be in 7 of them, the Z-Fighters (Excluding Goku and Vegeta) split up and search across them. In order to bide time, Whis also introduces the predecessor of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber his race created, an in between dimension where time passes at an even slower rate than the chamber. Here, Whis assembles a few Gods of Destruction to teach Goku and Vegeta a few of their own techniques.

I chose this premise as while the main plot will be Goku and Vegeta with plenty of Beerus and Whis and the other gods of destruction being introduced, the Z-Fighters will be used to actually explore the other 12 universes and a callback to searching for the Dragon Balls. Z-Fighters split up into Krillin, Gohan and Bulma (maybe Jaco?) then Piccolo, Goten and Trunks; 18, Yamcha, Tien, Chiaotzu; Lastly, Buu, Mr. Satan, Roshi and Videl. Probably not all of them as that may be too crowded but this would allow the Z-Fighters to get screen time and have their time to shine. It would also open up tons of hijinks and comedy among the action packed moments.

I dunno man, I know it'll be far from this, but a boy can dream.
GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:00 am

I don't mind anything, as long as there's no broly.
Hi

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:25 pm

I want Broly to return, but smarter after, idk, eating Piccolo or something. He could be like, "Kakarot, join me in one final battle and allow me to savor your bloodshed as I tear you limb from limb. *sadistic grin*" And Goku will be like, "Hehe. I'm ready. *fight stance" He will transform into BSSJG Goku and throw the first punch, and Broly will quickly be overwhelmed, but his incredible durability will allow him to hang on. As the battle progresses, Broly manages to absorb Goku's god ki from the very punches inflicted on him. He will now become the Legendary Super Saiyan Devil. His white eyes (or lack thereof) will be raging red like Akuma's, he'll have fiery aura, and the green pigments of his hair will become orange. Okay, so then Goku is forced to go BSSJG3, and they will fight for 40 days and 40 nights across the planes of all existence, including the 12 universes, so everyone will finally get to see those too. Planets and solar systems will crumble as they experience the force of Goku and Broly's barefists. The gods of destruction will try to intervene, but Broly will unleash a torrent of energy balls that will vaporize them into dust. As their battle concludes, BSSJG3 Goku and LSSJD Broly will have destroyed 11 of the 12 universes through the sheer intensity of their clashing power, leaving only their own universe remaining. The movie, which is 2 hours of Broly fighting Goku, will end with a final beam struggle that implodes universe 7, leaving nothing behind. Nothing at all.

Da Endz.
Last edited by fadeddreams5 on Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

SuperSaiyanQ

Post by SuperSaiyanQ » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:26 pm

Regarder wrote:Yep. It's time to explore the 12 Universes and open up Dragonball to more adventures. Maybe something where Goku and Vegeta end up being trapped in one of the other Universes and it turns out to be an incredibly hostile place where they are comparatively weak and have to rely on each other to survive. Would flip things round a bit and make for a fresh pace.

I also want to see what Toriyama can do for new powerful villains. He hinted at a whole new set of universes but then brought back an old villain (which is fine), so now it's time to finally fulfill on what you've set up, because it's as far as I'm concerned the most interesting thing to come out of BoG (and probably FnF), since there's an opportunity there to take the story to a new place, as was done with Namek long ago. Also, Goku is stronger than anyone in the after life, and Freeza was the strongest mutant in the galaxy, so it seems less and less reasonable as time goes on for people powerful enough to be able to appear out of nothing. It was the same for Earth, so Toriyama moved the story to space, and then thought up robots, and finally ancient evils. Beings from another dimension/universe seem like the obvious next level up, and I think/hope that this was the point of Beerus introducing that concept. It blows the potential of Dragonball wide open again like it was in the beginning of the story.
Fully agree with this , get someone to cause a bit of chaos on earth with Gohan (training after reliaising without his dad , videl and pan need someone to protect them )
Goten and Trunks actually living up to the potential they showed in Buu saga ?! 7 and 8 year old super saiyans ? Make them older but also incorporate the standard teen attitude into them- Piccolo could even train them to be honest .

Goku and Vegeta could be preparing with the Beerus and Whis for a greater threat from the other universes ? even an alternate universe saiyan race ?
No need to bring back any old villains again.

ShaneisMC
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaneisMC » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:33 pm

What everyone else has been saying pretty much. Something about saving the multiverse. an to make it appropriate, give the film a nice run time like 2 1/2 hours

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:39 pm

ShaneisMC wrote:What everyone else has been saying pretty much. Something about saving the multiverse. an to make it appropriate, give the film a nice run time like 2 1/2 hours
I don't feel that's a good idea. To much there for a film to cover. I think it needs a new TV series

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:27 pm

It should be about another universe's gods wanting revenge on universe 7 after Goku in Battle of Gods unknowingly sent Beerus' blast to their universe and destroyed most of their universe.
Perhaps Whis will get revealed as the top dog of universe 7's God hierarchy or something or maybe he's from another universe all together and is looking for strong fighters to get his revenge on another universe.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:29 pm

Something that involves characters other than Gokuu and Vegeta.

I also think having Future Trunks returning would be cool.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:58 pm

In all honesty. Complete honesty. I want movie 3 to have no Goku and no Vegeta. I would like a movie that focuses on everyone else while Goku and Vegeta are away having their godly bromance, I'd like to see everyone else save the world. I'd like for everyone else to have a purpose again instead of being the constant bar we compare Goku and Vegeta to in order to determine just how much stronger they are then everyone. It probably won't happen but I'd just genuinely enjoy it a lot more then Dragon Ball Z...Goku and Vegeta get EVEN STRONGER! AGAIN! 3.
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:59 pm

voltlunok wrote:In all honesty. Complete honesty. I want movie 3 to have no Goku and no Vegeta. I would like a movie that focuses on everyone else while Goku and Vegeta are away having their godly bromance, I'd like to see everyone else save the world. I'd like for everyone else to have a purpose again instead of being the constant bar we compare Goku and Vegeta to in order to determine just how much stronger they are then everyone. It probably won't happen but I'd just genuinely enjoy it a lot more then Dragon Ball Z...Goku and Vegeta get EVEN STRONGER! AGAIN! 3.
Wouldn't mind that at all. Lock Goku & Vegeta in some other dimension or whatever excuse to make them unable to join the fight and let everyone else figure it out. Could be great. ROF even more so than BOG seems to be focused exclusively on how great these 2 are and how no one else can even compare

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Post by jamiljamtheman » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:53 pm

I'll have to see the RoF movie before I can fully decide whether this would work or not, but here goes:

After the tough battle with Frieza and his army, two resurrected souls from hell were left under the radar...
Nappa. And Raditz.
While Frieza kept the earthlings busy, these two nearly killed each other fighting because Raditz knew Nappa was one of two "friends" who found him worthless. After that, they realized they had a common enemy in Vegeta. Seeing the powers Vegeta and Kakarot have achieved, Nappa and Raditz decide to train using each other as sparring partners.

Anyways, long story short after a period of training (don't know how long it would be) Raditz and Nappa return as Super Saiyans strong enough to hold SSJ3 for long periods of time. Both are fueled by their rage against Vegeta and put the Earth and Vegeta's family in grave danger. Also, Raditz is out to get Gohan.

The Z fighters now have to face superpowered Nappa and Raditz in order to save everyone!

(Also, their rage is so intense that they can go toe-to-toe with SSJG Vegeta and Goku. I'd say no new transformations for the protagonists, just a good fight that involves a lot of different fighters like Majin Buu, the half-saiyans, Pan, Gotenks, Piccolo, and others. I think it'd be cool if there was also a point where Nappa and Raditz are both power hungry enough that they turn against each other and it is their own undoing.)

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:04 pm

jamiljamtheman wrote:After the tough battle with Freeza and his army, two resurrected souls from hell were left under the radar...
Nappa. And Raditz.
While Freeza kept the earthlings busy, these two nearly killed each other fighting because Raditz knew Nappa was one of two "friends" who found him worthless. After that, they realized they had a common enemy in Vegeta. Seeing the powers Vegeta and Kakarot have achieved, Nappa and Raditz decide to train using each other as sparring partners.

Anyways, long story short after a period of training (don't know how long it would be) Raditz and Nappa return as Super Saiyans strong enough to hold SSJ3 for long periods of time. Both are fueled by their rage against Vegeta and put the Earth and Vegeta's family in grave danger. Also, Raditz is out to get Gohan.
I always wanted to see that but I guess that there's no point in reviving another characters, Frieza is just enough. I rather would like to see some new enemies.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:13 pm

Get on with the multiverse already.

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Post by jamiljamtheman » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:26 pm

Mnich wrote:
jamiljamtheman wrote:After the tough battle with Freeza and his army, two resurrected souls from hell were left under the radar...
Nappa. And Raditz.
While Freeza kept the earthlings busy, these two nearly killed each other fighting because Raditz knew Nappa was one of two "friends" who found him worthless. After that, they realized they had a common enemy in Vegeta. Seeing the powers Vegeta and Kakarot have achieved, Nappa and Raditz decide to train using each other as sparring partners.

I always wanted to see that but I guess that there's no point in reviving another characters, Freeza is just enough. I rather would like to see some new enemies.
haha those arts are awesome! xD
And yeah, I can see why; and that's probably more likely to happen (new enemies). :P I hope they make new characters as cool as Beerus and Whis. :D

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:43 pm

Whis gather's every up for story time about his and Beerus's past, this lasts the whole movie.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:11 pm

Toriyama should go back and cover everything he's been leaving as loose ends as of late: Makaio(shin) and the Multiverse. I don't much care about the specifics of the story, as coming up with something I really like will only serve to leave me more disappointed when it turns out that's not what being done. But I would finally like some real information on these two subjects. The Multiverse hasn't been too bad of a wait yet, but the Makaio(shin) have been a dangling thread for almost going on a decade now...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:18 pm

Would be nice to see some more interesting new characters, like Beerus and Whis, as well as a story with a bit more emotional content.