crazy idea, could we get Toriyams to do an AMA?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

crazy idea, could we get Toriyams to do an AMA?

Post by TobyS » Sat May 23, 2015 6:21 am

So Toriyama doesn't like doing interviews or at least public appearances but what about the growing phenomenon of reddit AMA's ?

He could do it from the comfort of his own home.

There's two problems here.

1. Language barrier ? Is there a JP version of Reddit ? Either way we could translate a shit load of questions long before ready and prepared to get round that.

2. Is he tech savvy enough ? I'd think so, maybe one of his kids is? If there is a JP Reddit, is there a JP version of Victoria who can help him?

---

However unlikely now's kinda the time to do it. People choose or are pressured by publishers and shit to do them when they have something to promote. AT right now has DVD RoF, Xenoverse, and pending SUPER coming out.

What do you guys think, any of you redditors?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: crazy idea, could we get Toriyams to do an AMA?

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat May 23, 2015 6:33 am

As interesting as it could be, I certainly don't think it's even close to being a likely possibility.

I wouldn't really want the poor guy exposed directly to a fandom this toxic either. The chances of him answering a question and then getting a ton of hate comments and potentially even death threats over something like this are probably absurdly high if he gives an answer some people don't like. It would be utterly ridiculous, but it happens.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Sat May 23, 2015 10:15 pm

Devilscorpse really cut to the heart of it; Dragon Ball's fanbase is so freakishly huge that different fans have widely different understandings of Toriyama's relationship to his material, think about it in vastly different ways, and value different things. Then think of how quickly the man can respond! It is far easier to wing a handful of questions going in chronological order as the full color manga come out, but think of the stampede an AMA would be?
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat May 23, 2015 10:21 pm

People would probably ask him stupid stuff like "Who would win in a fight, Goku or Superman?"

Would you honestly expect him to have an answer for that?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

McDonaldsGuy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by McDonaldsGuy » Wed May 27, 2015 11:17 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:People would probably ask him stupid stuff like "Who would win in a fight, Goku or Superman?"

Would you honestly expect him to have an answer for that?
Exactly.

Reddit AMAs are never interesting. I remember they had Jerry Seinfeld doing an AMA, and nothing interesting came out of it. Here you have the creator of the greatest TV show of all time and they asked him dumb questions.

But like mentioned in the OP, it's OK for promotion. Other than that Akira shouldn't waste his time.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed May 27, 2015 11:29 am

I really wouldn't want to introduce the poor man to our Internet fanbase, it's too obnoxious for any fan to handle, let alone the author.