Question about Cooler and Transformations.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Question about Cooler and Transformations.

Post by successoroffate » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:58 am

I was wondering, as we know, Cooler when he shows up appears in a form similar to Final Form Freeza, just a little bit taller. He comes in stating that he is "Missing one transformation/ has one more transformation left" and then reaches his true Final Form. My question is, does Cooler has one more transformation than Freeza? Is he on his Base form and therefore, only has one transformation in store? Is the previous to his final form, his third form? or second form? If he does have one more form than Freeza, then it'd mean that he has 4 in Total instead of 3...

Thoughts?
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Re: Question about Cooler and Transformations.

Post by Sandubadear » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:31 am

I believe the Daizenshuu says Coola has one more transformation than Freeza.

We don't see him in his lower forms because he can control his power in his true form, unlike Freeza, but supposedly he can transform to the lower forms if he wanted to.

EDIT: Indeed it does:
Daizenshuu 6 wrote:Coola
The older brother of Freeza, who brags that he is the strongest in the universe. He has the same appearance as Freeza's strongest form, but Coola can transform one more time than his younger brother!!

Super evolution! This is the final form!!
As opposed to Freeza, whose power was too strong in his third-transformation form, to the point where he couldn't restrain it, Coola is able to always be in his third-transformation form, and in addition is capable of one more transformation!!
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:05 pm

Though, since Freeza says he created those forms to control his power, it also becomes a question of if Coola has them at all since he arguably wouldn't have needed to make them. Like, perhaps he has the potential for them, but never bothered, so they don't really exist.

Kinda like if you have all the ingredients in your kitchen to make a cake, but you never put them together. The cake wouldn't be real. It would be a lie.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Thouser
Beyond Newbie

Post by Thouser » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:48 pm

From what I remember, in the movie itself he says to Goku: "Once more. I can transform one more time than my brother."
"Like that bald punk? Killyin... You're talking about Killyin?!!" - Anime Labs

「他们並不是我孫兒... 是我弟弟。」 - 龜仙人

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:05 pm

You could still argue that to be correct even if Coola doesn't have any other lower forms, because prior to "F", Freeza didn't have a SS-esque "proper" transformation. He was only undoing suppressions, like the example below (not meant to be an equation):
  • Freeza -- 1-1-1-X
    Coola -- X+1
Yeah, that would still fit the definition of a transformation, because he's changing form, but it's also not quite in line with how the series usually treats such things. Not that it really matters. Whether Coola has them and doesn't use them or never had them doesn't really change much.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:32 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Though, since Freeza says he created those forms to control his power,
For the record Freeza does not say that.
And Cooler could still have forms equivalent to those of Freeza. He just doesn't need them as he's learned to control his power in his true form.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:41 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:You could still argue that to be correct even if Coola doesn't have any other lower forms.
I think he does, but he likes staying in his 4th form since he is much more stronger and has better ki control then Freeza. Maybe Heroes could do Coola forms of first three forms.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:43 am

dbgtFO wrote:For the record Freeza does not say that.
No he doesn't. We don't know if the forms are something natural to all his race or not, so created isn't exactly the right word. I should have said achieved or at least utilized, because he admits that, unlike other species who "transform for camouflage and to conserve ki", he transforms into lower states because he can't control the power of his natural one. But whether all Freeza Clansmen are naturally born with 3 predetermined transformation slots they can plop into, or if he had to design them in his head and create them by forcibly changing his body is unknown.

Personally, I like the latter option, and given the reveal of his control over his Ultimate Evolution's design after he trained to unlock it, I wouldn't be surprised if that's how it worked.

Likewise, if Coola never lacked control, even if he has the ability to create those slots, I wouldn't be surprised if he never activated them since he wouldn't need them.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:06 am

I think it is more like this:
Cooler's transformation from his "first form" to "final form" was permanent, and achieved by training. Freeza never trained, but he's a special case, so he can transform and un-transform back to final & first forms.
Cooler broke his limits by unlocking another form as we see in movie. He surpassed his own potential by training hard, unlike his brother, and then trained in that form to remove the stress & need to bulk up.

Freeza did a similar thing post revival. He broke his limits, unlocked a new form and did all this by training. No one knows what is his true potential. No one knows how strong can he become if he trains with whis.

We can see cold, he is in same form as 2nd form freeza. Maybe his transformation was permanent.

I'm doing a topic on this. Although this is far from complete, but still, here it is:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=32672
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza