Which Bardock was the worst?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MarCas92
Regular

Which Bardock was the worst?

Post by MarCas92 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:39 pm

Funi Bardock in "Father of Goku"
"Episode of Bardock" Bardock
or Dragon Ball Minus Bardock?
Or are you super edgy and think the OG is the worst and the other versions are improvements?
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: Which Bardock was the worst?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:14 am

-Bardock... it took that "badass" appeal away from him and changed him into a wuving father (when he was indifferent for the most parts in the special) :sick: . Episode of Bardock was at least true to his character and calling him the worst for achieving SSJ would be pretty unfair.

FUNi did try to make Bardock needlessly heroic but he was still a badass.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

TheatreStyleKai
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheatreStyleKai » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:42 am

Dragon Ball Minus gave us Gine, so my vote has to go to Episode of Bardock. I couldn't find a single redeeming quality in the entire thing.

Hot Rod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hot Rod » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:51 am

For his personality, in every stuff he appeared his personality was great (including in Dragon Ball Online). There are just a few and specific moments that I did not like the way he acted, but in general, he is what they call a "badass" character.

As for his design, the worst Bardock comes from Dragon Ball Minus. There was not any reason to remove his red leggings and let just the boots.

Nickolaus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nickolaus » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:14 am

Episode of Bardock takes my vote. There is not much I find entertaining about it.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:54 am

What did FUNI do to Bardock? Its been a while so I don't remember. I think they tried to make him more heroic like he wanted to save his people from Freeza?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:59 am

precita wrote:What did FUNI do to Bardock? Its been a while so I don't remember. I think they tried to make him more heroic like he wanted to save his people from Freeza?
The original Bardock fought for his people. In the FUNi, they one-up'd it by having him realizes the error in his ways and tries to prevent Freeza from doing bad things.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Dotogam
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dotogam » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:27 am

I dislike that Bardock went Super Saiyajin in EOB. It felt worthless and pandering, though it was pretty cool. At least Bardock was in Character in EOB. I don't hate DBMinus for Bardock, but for the story.
How I relax, crawling into bed with my laptop and browsing Kanzenshuu.

VegetaSSJG

Post by VegetaSSJG » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:49 am

Bardock turning SSJ in EoB was completely unnecessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aAc4d0SxCs
(I know my profile picture doesn't match my account name, now go away)

My pages-YouTube, Tumblr, DeviantArt, Twitter:
https://elink.io/p/booyacy

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:16 am

Even though Bardock's personality isn't TOO different in EoB compared to his Minus personality, him turning Super Saiyan completely ruins the point of the character (and Goku to an extent) much more than Minus did to him (and Goku). So I'm gonna have to go with EoB.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:03 am

The one from the video games. I'm fine with the others (aside from Minus, the character is pretty much the same).

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:32 am

Just Bardock in general. For all the people who hate Broly, at least Broly being the Legendary Super Saiyan has that going for him. Bardock is just... The father of Goku. And that's it.

His first special is amazing, but not really due to him. And everything else with him just sucks balls.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:20 pm

SSJ Bardock is the absolute... Worst. Thing. Ever. So Episode Of Bardock is the indisputable winner for me. I don't really have a problem with Bardock in Dragon Ball. He is still portrayed as space pirate, who loves to fight, conquer planets and exterminate races without batting an eyelid. He just happens to give a shit about his family and doesn't hide it. Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:04 pm

I'm gonna go with Heroes!Bardock, for being a stupid, overly-powered waste of time.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:09 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:I'm gonna go with Heroes!Bardock, for being a stupid, overly-powered waste of time.
Heroes as in Dragon Ball Heroes?
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:11 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I'm gonna go with Heroes!Bardock, for being a stupid, overly-powered waste of time.
Yes. The masked one who goes around beating up SSJ4 Gogeta for some reason.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:24 pm

Episode of Bardock.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:32 pm

Draconic wrote:Just Bardock in general. For all the people who hate Broly, at least Broly being the Legendary Super Saiyan has that going for him. Bardock is just... The father of Goku. And that's it.
He's a nobody, and even when he turns SSJ, he's still a nobody in the grande scheme of things. That's what's appealing about his caracter to me. Unlike Broly who's nothing but a Gary Stu.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:56 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote:
Draconic wrote:Just Bardock in general. For all the people who hate Broly, at least Broly being the Legendary Super Saiyan has that going for him. Bardock is just... The father of Goku. And that's it.
He's a nobody, and even when he turns SSJ, he's still a nobody in the grande scheme of things. That's what's appealing about his caracter to me. Unlike Broly who's nothing but a Gary Stu.
Exactly! He's a low-level ant who tries to beat the dinosaur that is Freeza and he fails completely and miserably. He doesn't even fight Freeza because he's a hero or because it's the right thing to do, just to save the Saiyan's and if he succeeds, they'll still go around committing genocide, just as their own bosses. Hell, he only even starts to value Goku after he sees he'll become a Super Saiyan and avenge the Saiyan's be kicking Freeza's ass.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:05 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Yes. The masked one who goes around beating up SSJ4 Gogeta for some reason.
To be fair all he does in the trailer is land 2 hits on SSJ4 Goku who then fuses with Vegeta. Gogeta lands a single punch and then the team throws a Genki Dama at Bardock which only succeeds in breaking his mask. He doesnt exactly pummel Gogeta let alone even land a blow. Still BS though I agree.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]