What is the best Trunks figure?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Wobbuffet
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

What is the best Trunks figure?

Post by Wobbuffet » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:10 pm

I recently became interested in figures, like Figma, Figuarts and all that stuff. I want to buy a Trunks figure. What is the best option I have? I'm particularly interested in figures that can pose.
Sorry, I can't speak English very well, but I'm trying my best.
This is My Anime List.

IAmTheMilkMan
Beyond Newbie

Re: What is the best Trunks figure?

Post by IAmTheMilkMan » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:21 pm

I prefer static figures, so for my money, the Scultures 4 figure is the best one on the market. However, since you're looking for pose-able figures, you'll probably be more interested in the S.H.Figuarts stuff. Perhaps you already know this and are looking for specific figures. In that case, I would recommend checking out myfigurecollection.net and choosing which Trunks figure would be best for you.
aka TheMilkmanConspiracy on IFDB
aka WhereIsTheMilkman elsewhere

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:24 pm

Best option that can pose currently would be the S.H.Figuarts, which you have 2 (technically 3 options):

The original release, which unfortunately goes for quite the amount of dosh.
The premium version, a re-paint with less accessories due to be released this month in Japan and next month in the west.
Armoured, due to be released in May/June this year.
The choice is all yours.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:20 pm

I just noticed that this prototype's right bicep was misassembled; it's either on backwards, or it's the wrong arm. You can tell because that's clearly the backside of an arm's musculature.

Obviously that won't be in the final production, surely.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:39 am

While I can't really speak on behalf of the quality of the Long-Haired Trunks figure in the post above, as it's not released yet. I can tell you that this pose-able figure is one of the prime members of my collection. I'm personally a fan of non-poseable figures as they tend to be of better quality, but this figure is not only well made, but gives you a large set of interchangeable parts that really give you a good amount of variety. Not only does it allow you to choose between Base Form and SSJ, and not only is it articulated in a way that allows a large number of poses, but it even gives you a number of hand options to do just exactly as you want with the figure. I personally have him posed with a thumbs up to reference my favorite chapter cover art.

Wobbuffet
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wobbuffet » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:25 pm

I thank you all for your advice.
I decided to pre-order the Premium S.H Figuarts figure, since the non-premium version is almost impossible to find for a good price.
This is My Anime List.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:39 pm

Wobbuffet
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wobbuffet » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:23 am

I know this is necroposting, but I don't think this post deserves a new thread.
I bought the premium version of S.H Figuarts Trunks with sword. And I'm thinking of buying armoured Trunks too. Are they compatible with each other? I mean, can I change faces/hair/hands from one figure to the other?
This is My Anime List.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:44 am

Wobbuffet wrote:I know this is necroposting, but I don't think this post deserves a new thread.
I bought the premium version of S.H Figuarts Trunks with sword. And I'm thinking of buying armoured Trunks too. Are they compatible with each other? I mean, can I change faces/hair/hands from one figure to the other?
No, they're completely different. You can't even swap heads without modding since the ball joint sizes are completely different. Plus, the new Trunks is taller, so the heads aren't in scale with each other.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Wobbuffet
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wobbuffet » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:52 am

Metalwario64 wrote:No, they're completely different. You can't even swap heads without modding since the ball joint sizes are completely different. Plus, the new Trunks is taller, so the heads aren't in scale with each other.
I see. Well, there goes my plan of having a long-haired Trunks with jacket.
Thank you for your answer!
This is My Anime List.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:32 am

I just thought this, but maybe since they're doing the battle damaged redos of characters, we might see a figure of Trunks right after he came out of the Room of Spirit and Time at some point.

Trunksuu

Post by Trunksuu » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:09 pm

Trunks: These androids are ruthless, they delight in causing pain and chaos.
Living on Earth in my time is like living in a nightmare. Always running and hiding and looking for a way out.

Trunks: I can't find hope in the present, but if I change the past can I find hope for the future?

Android 18: Ugh! I hate you!
Trunks: You hate the fact that you're powerless to stop me. That you're completely outmatched. Well imagine feeling what you do now all of the time like the people of this planet do. Fools! How do you think my master Gohan felt when you ganged up on him in the rain and he had no way out? Well, now it's your turn, I hope you enjoy it.

Trunks: Gohan, why'd you have to do it, why'd you have to leave me? It's not fair! Oh gosh no... what did they do to you Gohan? You were my best friend, you were everything to me... everything! This just isn't fair! Gohan, Gohan, GOHAN!