Is the snipers shooting the old couple in Kai?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Is the snipers shooting the old couple in Kai?

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:01 pm

Cipher wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:
Cipher wrote:Wait, really? They actually cut this scene? What episode should this have been in so I can check the original threads?

That's pretty huge.
Looks like it would have been Episode 133.
Thanks. Curious about the international version now, although it was already the version airing on Japanese TV at that point, right?

Wow wow wow. That's such a bummer. I get that it's a little intense for a 9 a.m. block, but it's a pretty big moment for the arc.
I'm not surprised it got cut out. As significant as that scene may have been, if that scene would have gotten in the way of Toei making international TV deals for the Majin Boo of Kai, you bet your ass they would cut any scene that would be seen as unacceptable for TV censorship standards across the world. Remember, the Majin Boo of Kai was made on a whim for the international markets. And as much as Toei didn't give a shit about the Majin Boo arc of Kai, they very likely wouldn't let a graphic scene get in the way of selling the show around the world.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:18 pm

Nex Carnifex wrote:
Cipher wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:Yamamoto's score on the other hand was a huge upgrade too bad it got canned. Tried watching the Majin Vegeta fight in Buu saga Kai and the score just made it unbearable to sit through completely killed the tension would have been better if it was just silent.
I don't know why we're talking about this here, but I find Yamamoto's score unbearably generic and obvious, so, you know ... subjectivity and all that.
Nah man nah, it was perfect
You do realize that's an unfair comparison. Yamamoto had a decent budget when they did kai, Sumitomo had nothing
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:56 am

Lord Beerus wrote:I'm not surprised it got cut out. As significant as that scene may have been, if that scene would have gotten in the way of Toei making international TV deals for the Majin Boo of Kai, you bet your ass they would cut any scene that would be seen as unacceptable for TV censorship standards across the world. Remember, the Majin Boo of Kai was made on a whim for the international markets. And as much as Toei didn't give a shit about the Majin Boo arc of Kai, they very likely wouldn't let a graphic scene get in the way of selling the show around the world.
Of course hindsight's 20/20 but, all that aside, I was personally quite surprised that the show with the purpose of making a "manga cut" of the anime cut a scene actually present in the manga (that sets up the end of that episode, even) and kept unnecessary filler in the same episode(, which ended up being the trend across the Boo arc of Kai, the show meant to cut out the filler).
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:57 am

Rukura wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:I'm not surprised it got cut out. As significant as that scene may have been, if that scene would have gotten in the way of Toei making international TV deals for the Majin Boo of Kai, you bet your ass they would cut any scene that would be seen as unacceptable for TV censorship standards across the world. Remember, the Majin Boo of Kai was made on a whim for the international markets. And as much as Toei didn't give a shit about the Majin Boo arc of Kai, they very likely wouldn't let a graphic scene get in the way of selling the show around the world.
Of course hindsight's 20/20 but, all that aside, I was personally quite surprised that the show with the purpose of making a "manga cut" of the anime cut a scene actually present in the manga (that sets up the end of that episode, even) and kept unnecessary filler in the same episode(, which ended up being the trend across the Boo arc of Kai, the show meant to cut out the filler).
That's what the original Kai was presented as. Boo Kai was little more than international licensees wanting Toei to make more of "that other DBZ with the other name that lets us redub and resell more or less the exact same show that's already a proven seller" and Toei just churning out something that met what those people throwing money at them wanted.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!