When did the Super Saiyan stop becoming sacred for you?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BoosterZabi

Re: When did the Super Saiyan stop becoming sacred for you?

Post by BoosterZabi » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:50 am

After the Freeza Saga when Kyle Reese comes back to the past to warn about the machines.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:41 pm

When the transformation episode ended, my first thought was ''Damn, that was amazing!" and my second thought was "I wonder how long until Gohan and Vegeta become Super". Though this never diminished the moments of pure awesome when other's transformed for the first time... Aside from the kids WHO DID NOTHING TO GET THAT FORM!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:47 pm

Kanassa wrote:When the transformation episode ended, my first thought was ''Damn, that was amazing!" and my second thought was "I wonder how long until Gohan and Vegeta become Super". Though this never diminished the moments of pure awesome when other's transformed for the first time... Aside from the kids WHO DID NOTHING TO GET THAT FORM!
I never minded the kids getting it too, but then I basically started reading the manga from the Buu arc onwards, so Super Saiyan never became that huge a deal for me.
BTW what's that in your avatar? I can't make it out and my mind's best guess is a funny looking Tagoma :lol:

Also welcome to Kanzenshuu!

z_cherub
Beyond Newbie

Post by z_cherub » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:24 pm

Started to lose it's luster when Vegeta got it. Was basically boring after Gohan got it.

Trunks didn't bother me because he was so mysterious when he showed up. A random nameless SSJ when all Saiaya-jin are supposed to be dead? Cool!

Vegeta and Gohan just showing up with it... Not so much.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:44 pm

To me it was when we see Trunks and Goten have it in the Boo saga. Every transformation before that moment occurred due to extreme circumstances (though we don't see Future Gohan's first transformation, it wouldn't surprise me if it was also intense.) To see the two kids pull it off like it's nothing...
To be fair, Vegeta's "Super Saiyan bargain sale" comment was hilarious.
Last edited by Danfun64 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

MrWalnut4
Beyond Newbie

Post by MrWalnut4 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:57 pm

Unfortunately, I was exposed to the show very late, sometime around 2010 I think. So any idea of super saiyan being sacred was pretty much destroyed before I even started watching.

OutlawTorn
Regular

Post by OutlawTorn » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:15 am

I think it was when things got ridiculous with multiple levels of Super Saiyan that it just became a crutch to defeat the next villain. Can't defeat them as we are now? We'll just ascend to a new level of Super Saiyan and everything will be okay!

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri May 20, 2016 11:51 am

When I learned about fandom "canon" and that Broly wasn't a part of it.

DBZ_323

Post by DBZ_323 » Sat May 21, 2016 1:32 am

When Trunks appeared, for one thing it wasn't something that only one person could have and then it only got worse when Trunks started talking about the future. Vegeta and Gohan became Super Saiyans as well and the Artificial Humans served them...so there can be 4 Super Saiyans in less than a century and still have 2 man-made creatures stronger than them? However, I also have to admit that Super Saiyan 4 restored that sacredness. A new form that could only be achieved through the Great Ape form (Saiyan roots) and for the most part only ended up being used by 1 person? Love it.
Manga Dimension: Jaco the Galactic Patrolman - Dragon Ball - Dragon Ball! Yo Son Goku and His Friends Return - Dragon Ball Z: Ressurection F - Dragon Ball Super

Revived Anime Dimension: Dragon Ball Kai - Dragon Ball Super

Anime Dimension: Dragon Ball - Dragon Ball Z - Dragon Ball Z Movies - Dragon Ball GT

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Sat May 21, 2016 5:59 am

Goten and present Trunks for sure.

It felt well deserved and natural for everyone before them.

But I still would like Pan to become a Super Saiyan.

TheQuazz
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheQuazz » Sat May 21, 2016 7:09 am

When I went to my local toy store and found blonde versions of all my favorite Dragon Ball characters. At the time I thought they were bootlegs, so I guess that kind of tarnished the epicness of the transformation for me. For some reason, I actually can't remember the SSJ transformations in Rock the Dragon. In fact, I can barely remember that song at all. Maybe it's because I just woke up late every morning.

Nightmare Wheel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nightmare Wheel » Sat May 21, 2016 11:36 am

I can't remember it ever being sacred for me. By the time I really got into the series there were plenty of Super Saiyans to go around.