What SS form should have been the last transformation?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Re: What SS form should have been the last transformation?

Post by Captain Strawberry » Fri May 20, 2016 2:02 pm

1) You saw how impatient Beerus was. And Toriyama probably didn't come up with training to obtain that ki (vaguely) until much later until Super came out.

2) I guess for SSJ3 to be a differentiate the difference in terms of power. Toriyama probably doubted that Goku could take on Buu so he gave him SSJ3. SSJ3 is probably the full power of a SSJ. Like SSJ2, is kinda random because why is there a level above SSJ. Toriyama never explained that and never will :(
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri May 20, 2016 2:08 pm

Captain Strawberry wrote:1) You saw how impatient Beerus was. And Toriyama probably didn't come up with training to obtain that ki (vaguely) until much later until Super came out.
I think that's why it's so controversial, with the other transformations there was at least some foreshadowing. SSJ, SSJ2 we foreshadowed quite heavily with even transitionary states in between which showed training and hard work that it took to get there and they literally went years between forms. Blue, just feels like hey, I didn't think we would even do this but let's make another Saiyan form.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Fri May 20, 2016 2:11 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Captain Strawberry wrote:1) You saw how impatient Beerus was. And Toriyama probably didn't come up with training to obtain that ki (vaguely) until much later until Super came out.
I think that's why it's so controversial, with the other transformations there was at least some foreshadowing. SSJ, SSJ2 we foreshadowed quite heavily with even transitionary states in between which showed training and hard work that it took to get there and they literally went years between forms. Blue, just feels like hey, I didn't think we would even do this but let's make another Saiyan form.
I wish Toriyama would be blunt sometimes. It could easily had been a line like

Whis: "You need to harness that ki inside of you and mix it with your normal ki"
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri May 20, 2016 6:47 pm

He never needed to be blunt before because his foreshadowing and exposition were great when he actually cared about what his was doing would and think about and plan before executing it to a certain extent.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat May 21, 2016 3:33 am

sintzu wrote:
Captain Strawberry wrote:
SSJ3 kinda makes or does make sense because when you go SSJ1 - SSJ2, your hair grows longer. So maybe it has do with potential. Potential increases hair length.
The hair just stands up in those forms and my issue isn't with that, it's that it wasn't useful at all so I don't know why it was even introduced.
If it was "useful" and killed Boo, that would be repeat of Freeza and Cell, it being hard to maintain was a nice change of pace. And SS3 is still the most badass one. Are you salty that Vegeta never got it? :P
Last edited by Kuririn Fan on Sat May 21, 2016 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat May 21, 2016 3:58 am

Kuririn Fan wrote: If it was "useful" and killed Boo, that would be repeat of Freeza and Cell, it being hard to mantain was a nice change of pace.

And SS3 is still the most badass one.

Are you salty that Vegeta never got it? :P
That's a good point but I still think he should've done more with it.

That's true, it does look the most badass.

YES...I mean no, of course not.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Raditz

Post by Raditz » Sat May 21, 2016 5:36 am

SSJ2 at best. SSJ3 is cool, but dumb.
I'm not very opposed to the SSG, but the ritual thing that was needed to achieve it was stupid imo. They could have learned a way to better control their ki without the God thing.

SSJ4_Zankuto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ4_Zankuto » Sat May 21, 2016 12:06 pm

I think either Super Saiyan 4 or Super Saiyan Blue should have been the last transformation, but likely the Super Saiyan Blue might have upgrades.

Soccerjam
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soccerjam » Sat May 21, 2016 12:21 pm

Super Saiyan 4

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat May 21, 2016 1:50 pm

SSJ4_Zankuto wrote:Super Saiyan Blue might have upgrades.
Toriyama said he was saving a Ssj White for later so we'll probably get that over Blue upgrades.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Sat May 21, 2016 2:16 pm

I always thought the point of SSJ3 was to weene the audience off the idea of beating the bad guy by getting to the next level of SSJ. Goku showed it off fairly early in the arc. Only a fused and dead character were able to maintain it. The most disciplined living character was drained of energy too fast for it to matter.