What was the point in excluding Chiaotzu?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Krillin1994
Regular

Re: What was the point in excluding Chiaotzu?

Post by Krillin1994 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:24 am

There's reasonable doubt there as Goku may have thought bodies were required to be intact to be revived.

Which is why Krillin wanted Goku to fight Vegeta in a different location.

I mean as we've seen in the revival of frieza his body was in pieces when revived.

Always made me wonder why Tien kept his hand.

Plus was that exchange in the manga or is it anime only?

Marugoto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Marugoto » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:58 am

Yeah it was in the manga as well, and unfortunately it's the only time Goku and Chaozu interact. On a more positive note though, Chaozu get's a prominent place in one of the title pages:

As Goku would say: Good for you, Chaozu!

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:22 pm

Hey, at least Chaozu fares better than Lunch.

He got mentioned in Resurrection F and makes appearances in Super.

Lunch? she's just gone.....
"FUNi should take [DBZ] out behind the woodshed, give it one last treat, then blow its f%#@$ng brains out before it attacks the baby again." ~Rocketman

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:50 pm

I guess if he'd played a relevant role for much longer Toriyama would have to explain what the hell he is...
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

SuperSaiyanBatman
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanBatman » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:31 pm

Aside whether or not Chaozu is weaker or not unique enough as a character, it is kind of weird that they will put Tenshinhan in for new stuff, fights and what not but won't throw him in there too, since they're kind of a package deal, or at least, Chaozu doesn't really get to be on his own anyway. It'd be neat at least to give them tag team stuff to do or something wouldn't it, maybe?

Or some one off gags, something at least.